Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,466 members, 7,812,429 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite (30210 Views)

NAFDAC Officials Raid Facility Where Ladies Peel Their Skin (video) / Firm Drags NAFDAC To Court Over 7-up’s Contaminated Aquafina Table Water / 'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by iamnlia(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
What's 2m?

If I had money to maintain a case, I'll probably sue them for 1 billion.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by Juve4(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

On the contrary. I have always preferred sprite angry

Nooo... anyway, you're a lady.
Anything above coke is too much for me abeg. Sprite tastes like sugar water to me.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by ceejay80s(m): 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
but they can slam tele communications fine in dollar $1000000000000000000000
why just 2million fine for NAFDAC?
this is big ojoro, we are talking about live here and dem just give them 2million fine
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by toye440: 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2017
Abeg I fit sue NEPA?
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by ritababe(f): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
why can't they just stop the production
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by geunik(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
Second FP on NL this year. Thanks to almighty lalasticlala and mynd44 the guy i suspect push the ban button
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by MrHenshaw: 5:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
geunik:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/tribuneonlineng.com/court-orders-nafdac-pay-n2million-approving-fanta-sprite/%3Famp_markup%3D1

Are they paying into the account of those that this has caused their death or those that has lost their organs since it poses public health risk.
2million is laughable.Only 1mins sells in lkeja will pay that.
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by Rotadbd: 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hmmmmm.... Hope the money na for we Nigerians wey dem NAFDAC Don dey risk we life since 1840.. ..
wait first.... make I quick dey go court go swear affidavit say I dey drink fanta wella... before queue go plenty...
JOIN WHATSAPP GROUP FOR BEAD MAKERS
CLICK HERE TO GET THE LINK
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by leospruce(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
Just negodu,2million only why not make it 100million.so we can give it to our president to pay for packing his jet
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by omaolowo(m): 5:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
Cooladex:
So someone cannot drink fanta in peace again now?

Continue to Drink if you must...

But for not carrying out the warning label as ordered last February, they are being fined.

For many years, the Tobacco manufacturing companies have been compelled to be carrying the warning of:
"The Ministry of Health warns that smokers are likely to die young". (Or a warning similar to that phrase)

With such a similar warning, anyone still consuming Fanta or Sprite in conjunction with Vitamin C knows he is taking a calculated risk - like present cigarette smokers. He can no longer claim ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by hibee4uall(m): 6:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by ivili(m): 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
I don't understand,why are this product banned in Nigeria but not in the Europe or USA?
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by misspineapple(f): 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
D fanta i drank yesterday abi anada 1?clowns
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by AngelicBeing: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
Keneking:
Amazing decision. The only good thing in Lagos are the Courts.
Fashola Thank Sir.
Even with those big bottles of Coke and Fanta and Sprite inside Shoprite close to the Bread Department, no one is even buying grin
Useless products
Lol at useless products grin
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by Justdare: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
Jaytecq:
ha ah.... is TWO MILLIONS NAIRA money?
for what has been allegedly termed harmful to health
The issue goes beyond the paltry 2 million naira. It is the admission of guilt that goes with the payment.
Good judgement.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
geunik:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/tribuneonlineng.com/court-orders-nafdac-pay-n2million-approving-fanta-sprite/%3Famp_markup%3D1

And they are still selling fanta coke n sprite in Nigeria.
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by dearestsewa(f): 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
I dont think it's healthy to take any medication with carbonated drinks anyway.
Why not order NAFDAC to sensitize the public in that direction, I.e., drug use and abuse instead of the fine?

I'm not really sure I understand that part of 'staying the execution of the judgement'.
Re: Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite by Lilcentt(f): 11:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
government paying government... lol foolish people

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electrician Electrocuted While Trying To Change Transformer Cable In Abia (Pix) / Young Man Commits Suicide In Delta (Photo) / Burn Survivor Bares Her Tummy As She Proudly Displays Her Scars (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.