Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Why Are We So Blessed? - A Poem - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are We So Blessed? - A Poem (625 Views)

If You Know The Meaning Of This Verse, Your Life Will Remain Blessed Forever / We Are Blessed Of The Lord / Who Has GOD Blessed Pls Buy Me Ssce Form Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We So Blessed? - A Poem by Bauer1: 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2017
WHY ARE WE SO BLESSED?

why are we so blessed
With roads as smooth as contour islands
Electricity as stable as with AC signals
Job opportunities as abundant as with water in the Sahara
And cities sparsely populated as in Shanghai?

Why are we so blessed
With known thieves heralded as Messiahs
Leaders as truthful as with the Devil
A dollar to a naira
Or is it one to four hundred?

Why are we so blessed
A marriage of strange bed fellows
Wedded by force at the area of the Niger
And now with offspring dividedly united
Or should I say unitedly divided?

Where shall we go for peace
is it to Iraq or Iran
To faraway Syria or Gaza
To the area of the Niger or
Shall we travel halfway around a yellow sun

Really, How are we so blessed?

Lasticlala, Mynd44, I understand that poems don't make first page on Nairaland. But could you let Nigerians explain how blessed we are?

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Issues Strong Warning To Candidates Over Cut-off Mark / How To Study On Cheapest Tuition In Romania: Application Process, Tuition Fees A / Who Win The World Cup Between Assuu And Federal Goverment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.