Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Research topics in photonics (closed) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Research topics in photonics (closed) (396 Views)

MSc/PhD Research Whatsapp Group / Final Year Research Topics | Undergraduate Project Topics In Nigeria / What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Research topics in photonics (closed) by rillchritty(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hi. What are the subfields of photonics (applied or fundamental), which are currently the subject of active academic research? I have long been inclined towards optical fiber sensing, toyed a little with the idea of researching multiplexing techniques. However, the more I read research papers, the more I feel that there is no gap left. Quite frustrating! Semiconductor photonics seems to be an interesting research subfield, but I cannot come up with any original research ideas. Please, if anyone could point me in a good direction, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks
Re: Research topics in photonics (closed) by braine(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2017
I am sure you have consulted Google. If you cant find something good there, I doubt you will find on this Nairaland.
Re: Research topics in photonics (closed) by SmartchoiceNGR: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
rillchritty:
Hi. What are the subfields of photonics (applied or fundamental), which are currently the subject of active academic research? I have long been inclined towards optical fiber sensing, toyed a little with the idea of researching multiplexing techniques. However, the more I read research papers, the more I feel that there is no gap left. Quite frustrating! Semiconductor photonics seems to be an interesting research subfield, but I cannot come up with any original research ideas. Please, if anyone could point me in a good direction, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.
You are not ready! PhD research topic is a love affair.... you can't be pushed into it...nah! It must start from deep within you... For it to be meaningful.
Re: Research topics in photonics (closed) by SmartchoiceNGR: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2017
braine:
I am sure you have consulted Google. If you cant find something good there, I doubt you will find on this Nairaland.
He needs to discover why he's doing the PhD in the first place
What he plans to do with the degree .... It's not just about getting a certificate

(1) (Reply)

A Student Who Cannot Further His Studies Due To Lack Of Fund / ASUU Futa Join Nationwide Strike / Find Cheap And Affordable Hostels Around Unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.