Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? (2458 Views)

Police Shut Enugu Church As Pastors, Supporters Engage In Free-for-all / Shocking Photos Of What A Pastor Did To A Miracle-Seeking Woman / Woman Collapses, Dies While Testifying In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by Edwinoh: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2010
Americans and other developed countries have worked out a homely society for themselves despite the little resource they have compared to ours where we have them in abundance.I often marvel that nigerian christains go to church to testify of their securing a visa to developed countries as a miracle.Cant we make our society like theirs? Are we justified to continue testifying of visas as miracles?.I'm a christain so lets be objective
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by snowdrops(m): 11:02am On Feb 07, 2010
Getting a visa is more than a key to travel.
It is a key to potential prosperity for not only yourself but your family and the entire community.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by emekamn(m): 12:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
Pastors even take their time to pray for VISA. Kai!! Absolute Nonsense!!!!!
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by KunleOshob(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2010
Someone once testified on this forum [rich john] i think that after testifying in church [christ embassy plc] that he got his visa, he was encouraged to sow his ticket money to the church so that God he would prosper when he travels grin So if you want your pastor to demand you be sending home your tithes and offerings which must be in hard currency you can go on and testify embarassed
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by emekamn(m): 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
Mehn but wait,
Pastoring is a very good biz oh grin grin
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by emekamn(m): 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2010
Mehn but wait,
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by snowdrops(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
emeka mn:

Mehn but wait,
emeka mn:

Mehn but wait,
And what are you waiting for
You dont have to post it twice
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by AbuZola3(m): 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2010
Church is a good business in 9ja
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by SisiKill1: 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2010
Oh this irks me to no end but what is truly bothersome is how some pastor use it as a draw.

Pastor - A couple of months ago, a sister came to me, she said pastor i've been to the embassy 3 times and i was denied. She told me that in their family, they don't travel abroad because of a generational curse. I placed the bible on her head and prayed. The next day she went for her visa and she got. Now she's in the US enjoying the good. I decree today that anyone who wants visa will get it.

Congregation (jumping to their feet) - Ameeeen!

I guess my brother in law is also a miracle worker, seeing as he's helped at least a hundred people get their visa by. . .FILING THE RIGHT PAPERS for them. People take the wrong documents to the embassy and then cry foul or in these cases cry witches and wizard when they are denied.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by AbuZola3(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2010
*laffing*
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by NWFX(m): 5:19am On Feb 08, 2010
Just as silly as it gets.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by emekamn(m): 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2010
Ha! Generational cause dont allow a family to travl abroad.
4rm which generation d cause cum frm?
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by agathamari(f): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2010
instead of waisting time praying, instead of wasting money to the pastor (paying for his visa) spend time and energy developing your country.  stop the "who will do it for us"  stop the "who will organise it".  start small, work your way to the bigger issues.  everyone talks about going to the us as the land of milk and honey, do you know what the us was in the beging?  check your history, the us was a land where people who were banished due to political/religious beliefs came.  for decades it was a state sanctioned penal colony for much of europe.  the organised colonys came later, they werent the original.  is the us sitting there saying "look what happend 400 years ago, take care of me you owe me"  hell no.  they made thier own, they worked hard for all they are.  same with the rest of the developed countries.  you want people to stop looking down on you, stop telling you your nothing but a country of _____.  then prove them wrong.  b1tching doesnt fix things, actions does.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by emekamn(m): 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2010
He that have ears let im hear what the SPIRIT(via agathamari) had said!!
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by AbuZola3(m): 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
Exactly, pastors are thief
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by richjohn1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2010
pastors are thieves and imams are , grin grin
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by ttruth(m): 2:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
@post :

It is worth giving thanks to God.

Islam have succeded in upgrading Nigeria to a terrorist state, so if you as a christian is given a US visa or a UK visa we should thank God.

It is true we have so much resources, but the reason why Nigeria have not developed is because Nigeria is in the hand of brainless Northerners ( who happened to be muslims) who have no plan for Nigeria. They have brought Nigeria backward with their corruption and stupidity of mind.

Nigeria have so much population of people who cannot even afford to eat. That is why people want to get out of this mess. If you go to Dubai, London, US. You will be surprise at the amount of houses these so called leaders have in all these countries.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by ogajim(m): 3:01pm On Feb 08, 2010
I think Agathamari has the US confused with Australia, Seeking religious freedom yes but penal colony? Hell to the NO, read your US history reference again madam.

Some "Pastors" will use any means necessary to get money from gullible folks, LOL@generational curse preventing family from traveling grin, which generation be dat?
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by manmustwac(m): 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2010
@post
No we're not not justified in celebrating visas as miracles. People celebrate getting visas as if they've been given a ticket to leave hell and travel to heaven. Its just a sign of how desperate people are to leave nigeria and travel abroad.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by emekamn(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
Make una cum see antichrist 4 NL OH!!!
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by emekamn(m): 4:52pm On Feb 08, 2010
@T-truth, i think it is not wise talking 2 a FOOL beside u cant fight 4 JESUS he can take care of himself
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by ttruth(m): 4:58pm On Feb 08, 2010
emeka mn:

@T-truth, i think it is not wise talking 2 a FOOL beside u cant fight 4 JESUS he can take care of himself

You are right, there is no point replying
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by manmustwac(m): 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2010
t.truth and g1 try to converse without the insults pls. Or i'll lock this topic next time.  angry
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by tunnytox(m): 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2010
There's nothing bad about giving testimony 4 securing visa different achievements meant different things to different person. To some ppl securing visa is nothing while it meant the whole world to some ppl. All these talk about staying in Nigeria to develop it is rubbish most ppl who develop usa ran away from their countries 4 different reasons; the irish due to famine, the english due to persecution and many other 4 different other reasons. The fact is that many posters on nl believe they know everything and believe other ppl are dumb.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by AjanleKoko: 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2010
tunnytox:

There's nothing bad about giving testimony 4 securing visa different achievements meant different things to different person. To some ppl securing visa is nothing while it meant the whole world to some ppl. All these talk about staying in Nigeria to develop it is rubbish most ppl who develop usa ran away from their countries 4 different reasons; the irish due to famine, the english due to persecution and many other 4 different other reasons. The fact is that many posters on nl believe they know everything and believe other ppl are dumb.

Ironic, isn't it?
Lots of people, contributors inclusive, prolly prayed and fasted before they got a visa to go to the US or UK.
Now their eyes are 'opened' and they can sit in the proverbial seat of the scornful!

@Topic,
No biggie. Getting an opportunity to move to another country is worth giving God thanks for, if you believe in God, of course, and that is what you aspire for. No point yapping those who do if you don't.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by AbuZola3(m): 11:09pm On Feb 08, 2010
Manmustwac shit, so after locking the thread you felt guilty and unlock it, what a ganja man
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by manmustwac(m): 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
i just wanted to remove all the posts with foul language
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by ttruth(m): 12:19am On Feb 09, 2010
manmustwac:

t.truth and g1 try to converse without the insults pls. Or i'll lock this topic next time. angry

manmustwac:

It was g1 who was soooooooooooooooooooo nasty and completely rude. I think his profile should be removed.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by Nobody: 4:12am On Feb 09, 2010
@ topic

well, people do it anyway.

because its seen as an achievement.
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by Edwinoh: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2010
Agathamari i really do appreciate your contribution i think you really understand my point we dont need visa testimonies anymore but people whose minds are committed to making nigeria an "america" so that we will not only be judged by posterity as right thinking but we will be able to reverse the trend and make our country the most sought after.Those who have eyes let them see."Our elders will say what they sit and see a child standing will not see"
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by richjohn1(m): 11:00am On Feb 09, 2010
is it only to lock threads moderators know how to do? these threats will only make the house dry sad
Re: A Us Or Uk Visa Secured;Is It Worth Testifying In Church As A Miracle? by agathamari(f): 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2010
ogajim:

I think Agathamari has the US confused with Australia, Seeking religious freedom yes but penal colony? Hell to the NO, read your US history reference again madam.
  i know my american history very well thank you, it was my major in college.  yes "harden" criminals were sent to australia.  minor offenses were given the option of jail in uk/france/spain/germany/denmark/netherlands or banishment to the americas (us and canada).  even viking records show similar forms of banishment to north america including greenland.  talk less of anthropological theorys of similar practices in europe and asia dating back almost 20.000years due to artifacts found in coastal regions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Voice Of Celestial Church Of Christ Speaks Out / Why Do More Muslims Converts To Christains More Dan Muslims Becoming Christains?just Wondering! / Any Athiest In This House ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.