Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section (4348 Views)

Huawei Just Officially Anounced Harmony OS As Android Replacement / Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section / Abarihub.com Platform For Software Developers Now Officially Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by BinaryMonk: 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2017

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
I have tried to save this board severally, but my efforts all came to naught as Seun has not been responsive. Without his corporation, I can do nothing.
I will spend hours preparing a FREE TUTORIAL, test-run codes properly, make screenshots and start posting, only to be frustrated by some wannabees and forced to abandon the thread without completion.

Those hours could have fetched me money, or could have been used to creating something that I can put on github or elsewhere to boost my profile.

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Olyboy16(m): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
pcguru1:

Yeah i think it's already too late, I get emails from here from those interested in programming there are now much crazier community, e.g Reddit there's where am picking Maths and Algorithm challenges and lessons and it's fun there. Ponzi has killed this section.
its really bad, that with the enormous traffic and very rich data on this forum; the potential is a billion dollar community platform. anyway
like i said earlier, i really pray @seun wont fix the issues highlighted.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Booyakasha(f): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2017
dhtml18:
but now I am an expert in mobile app world (and software world),

I am doing fine, still doing my thing (on a different level now),
I lol'd so much at the bolded. Dhtml you're still a noob, I'm a noob too.. but some noobs are better than others.

It's shocking that most of you fail to realize that the purpose of the community as a whole has been changed long ago. This whole community is a newsfeed now solely because majority of the population visiting this community find no interests in this particular section but the newsfeed (to stay updated about happenings in the country) and the entertainment (romance section) they derive. Being a large community, the team might either find it overwhelming or not worth-the-stress pouring out energy on this particular section. Reasons might be due to:

• Low traffic on this particular board
• Lack of enthusiasm from the mods.
• Loss of interest by the owner due to the insignificant ROI generated by this particular board.
• Topics generated from this particular section do not appeal to the general audience
• HQ members finding alternatives due to the flaws in providing good social programming functionality e.g bbcode, highlited code, textarea.

//We have to accept the bitter truth that we all know.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2017
^^^Yeah, yeah, yeah e.t.c they want all the features of gdevit on this board eh?
I dont think so, which reminds me, better pay me to put gdevit on android and ios for starters.

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by DharkPoet(m): 1:49am On Jul 27, 2017
This used to be my one stop point to anything Tech in Nigeria. I fancied this board a lot, because I always looked up to the intelligence members on this board. Dhtml, pcguru, Fulaman, oh where's Javanian? I've never been much of a poster, but I was the proverbial dog waiting at the corner waiting to devour the scraps of knowledge falling from the intellectual table. I revered a lot of individuals here. I remember trying to implement the ‘99 bottles' problem posted by Javanian with my long if statements back then �.

It was always fun hanging around. Now, the condition of the board is just deplorable, losing intellectual contents to threads promoting Ponzi scripts and Web design bundles. I mean, how would you allow one person to create a thread and continue to spam that thread?

And to think that Seun too is/was a programmer? I mean, even owners of Quora and Stackoverflow make contributions on their own platforms, hell, even Mark Zuckerberg posts and replies to comments.

Well, wish us all the best!!! Shalom!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 27, 2017
DharkPoet:
This used to be my one stop point to anything Tech in Nigeria. I fancied this board a lot, because I always looked up to the intelligence members on this board. Dhtml, pcguru, Fulaman, oh where's Javanian? I've never been much of a poster, but I was the proverbial dog waiting at the corner waiting to devour the scraps of knowledge falling from the intellectual table. I revered a lot of individuals here. I remember trying to implement the ‘99 bottles' problem posted by Javanian with my long if statements back then �.

It was always fun hanging around. Now, the condition of the board is just deplorable, losing intellectual contents to threads promoting Ponzi scripts and Web design bundles. I mean, how would you allow one person to create a thread and continue to spam that thread?

And to think that Seun too is/was a programmer? I mean, even owners of Quora and Stackoverflow make contributions on their own platforms, hell, even Mark Zuckerberg posts and replies to comments.

Well, wish us all the best!!! Shalom!!!
O yeah, that your code that was as long as Lagos-Ibadan expressway, and I remember one quiz I posted way back that everyone was failing, something about simplest way to merge multiple associated arrays.
My own solution was about 3 lines, as I was about to post it like this, somebody just posted a code that was like one line. I was like Adonbilivit, then went ahead to post the code and to my shock, the gaddemn code worked.

Earlier this year, while working with a PHP TEAM, I intentionally used that technique, and the other programmers working with me were asking me if I was sure about what I was writing, I simply smiled and told them to test it (and of course it worked).

Now that was the old nairaland programming board mind you, this new one ehn. . . . .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 27, 2017
Booyakasha:

I lol'd so much at the bolded. Dhtml you're still a noob, I'm a noob too.. but some noobs are better than others.

It's shocking that most of you fail to realize that the purpose of the community as a whole has been changed long ago. This whole community is a newsfeed now solely because majority of the population visiting this community find no interests in this particular section but the newsfeed (to stay updated about happenings in the country) and the entertainment (romance section) they derive. Being a large community, the team might either find it overwhelming or not worth-the-stress pouring out energy on this particular section. Reasons might be due to:

• Low traffic on this particular board
• Lack of enthusiasm from the mods.
• Loss of interest by the owner due to the insignificant ROI generated by this particular board.
• Topics generated from this particular section do not appeal to the general audience
• HQ members finding alternatives due to the flaws in providing good social programming functionality e.g bbcode, highlited code, textarea.

//We have to accept the bitter truth that we all know.

Nice dp checked Gdevit looks nice, joining it

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by olumidev(m): 10:03am On Jul 27, 2017
it's funny with all this complain Oga seun is not even responding. This forum is not what it used to be again.

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 27, 2017
This thread has served its purpose, it is time to scatterspice it up.

@dhtml18, I am disappointed, someone challenged your online personal prowess and you chickened out. I can't believe it goddammit.

Booyakasha:

I lol'd so much at the bolded. Dhtml you're still a noob

This is highly impossible, and unacceptable. I shall take away my oath of allegiance if you don't respond.

Even seunthomas won't take this and to think I left his side for you, oh my.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 27, 2017
I can see that you are one of the leggit thread disruptors on this board,
and since you have yelled our battle cry - This thread has served its purpose, it is time to [u]scatter[/u]spice it up.

First and foremost, I accept that I am a NOOB. And secondly, let us leave the board the way it is - no need for all these issues.

Seun is a NOOB, and since this thread does not put money on the table, he does not care about it. Since this is the concern of the minority.

yeah, yeah, I said it - and I am not going to take it back.

Anyone know where I can get a good and working M.M.M clone for free? Not all those ones that have a lot of BUGS o.

I also need a clone of a currency exchange platform - any takers?

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by badthinds: 11:23am On Jul 27, 2017

Dear Seun

Don't Mind those saying you should evolve to the socalled web2.0 nonsense (silento, bassdow and co) .

When you do so...same people would start comparing you old good nairaland to ...well...existing so called web2.0 sites.

I've been in the game so long to understand originality.

Adding private messages and all that would make nairaland a social network ...ofcourse, facebook is also a social network...and people would begin to compare and it would be hard for nairaland to compete.

Note:
To those who are complaining...immediately you open nairaland...you'll be greeted with "Nairaland Forum" not "Nairaland Social Network".

Seun, be mindful of what glues people to Nairaland - the slightest deviation from it would ...well -

If need arises to add anything...
1. Following individual comments ( ie, sometimes I open a thread, I don't want to follow it but I become very interested in the future of a specific comment...)
- the word "Follow" would be appended to end of every comments
- those who followed would be notified of peoples replies to that comment in a page called ...maybe / FC / = followed comments

2. I almost support people being able to delete their posts...its may be disastrous...so My advise is: Make it such a way that I can hide my any post I want from my profile...Ie - someone who visits my profile will not see those I hid...but it should, STILL be indexed by search engines.

3. ...Brb

Seun, I have many things to say about this 'features stuff' but I don't know if i'm making sense...I can even give technical support...Ie code, psudocode and algorithms if the need arises.

I may continue later...Lastly, Seun, you know customer satisfaction matters right?...there is a way you can satisfy "social network need" of some without transforming Nairaland. I know of a unique way.

Sincerely, badthinds
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 27, 2017
Yeah, yeah, everyone in the house that want nairaland to remain the same (greatest forum in Africa), shout YAH!

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
olumidev:
it's funny with all this complain Oga seun is not even responding. This forum is not what it used to be again.
seun is less bothered
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
I hereby unsubscribe and walk out of this thread permanently. If there is any improvement on the board, someone should P.M me. Until then, I return to http://127.0.0.1

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Mckayce(m): 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2017
OOOOOW maybe with all these works and neglects of seun... He probably has forgotten how to implement his codes.. abi seun u done forget how to code..
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by jidez007: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
SirAbdulthe1st:
This thread has served its purpose, it is time to scatterspice it up.

@dhtml18, I am disappointed, someone challenged your online personal prowess and you chickened out. I can't believe it goddammit.

This is highly impossible, and unacceptable. I shall take away my oath of allegiance if you don't respond.

Even seunthomas won't take this and to think I left his side for you, oh my.
Mehn even I can't take this. I'm already boiling for DHTML...
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by greatface(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Scholar01:
Either dhtml18 or pcguru1 should moderate this section
or both
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by silento(m): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2017
problem with Africans make small money and forget the future seun is lost hope on programming section because it is not generating enough traffic but no problem we will manage it anyhow we see it but mind you one day you will need our help to move your website to the next level na that day you go hear version 3

tutorial on git loading for Newbies

stay tuned for the topic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by phililp(m): 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
i am so really vexed about this issue... its been long we crying about this.. but its ok though

to uncle seun....Kwantinue

i see dhtml walking outta here.. me too..

am awt.

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by 4kings: 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
kai, Seun you're chasing the passionate ones from the section.

But let's try to devise something ourselves, maybe nice tutorials or competitions.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
4kings:
kai, Seun you're chasing the passionate ones from the section.

But let's try to devise something ourselves, maybe nice tutorials or competitions.
its clear seun doesn't gaf bout anyone here, it's better to leave the thread for seun.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by 4kings: 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
bjhaid:
its clear seun doesn't gaf bout anyone here, it's better to leave the thread for seun.
So sad.
Seun you don fall hand...
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Jfrankination(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
dhtml18:
^^^Great, those were the days I was talking about. Then me, Qadrillo and Webdezzi were always competing for tutorials, and here made many people build their skills. Then it was a better environment for us than stackoverflow.
But now, see as the whole thing be. Then I was just a good web developer, but now I am an expert in mobile app world (and software world), but the new environment here makes it impossible to share knowledge or even help people.

Back then, if you run into any programming trouble and you post am, there will be a rush to solve your problem, even in the middle of the night, you see solutions and tech arguments entering. But now, no more of that.

I am doing fine, still doing my thing (on a different level now), but no longer live in Lagos sha, I now stay in Ogun state (permanent site) very close to Nairaland office.
nairaland get office kwa? wia abeq?
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2017
See all of them, all them them yeye people.

I have returned once again!!

Seun abeg, helep us to fix this board now. See now, a whole master-troll without any TROLLIN' space - is that one a master-troll?
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by silento(m): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
hahaha that one go be tori master dhtml18

seun act Now all we go force you to act
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nobody is going anywhere, everyone that has contributed to this board love this board (no matter what they say).

@Seun, forget any bad words, you are doing a great job for the forum, just try favour us programers small and look our side.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
It seems Seun is already working, I noticed all the Ponzi Scheme threads go that's a start, the left is up to us, this weekend am preparing an engaging thread this is focused around Algorithm and Mathematical thinking, it's important esp for codility test and whiteboard ish.

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by 4kings: 1:15pm On Jul 28, 2017
pcguru1:
It seems Seun is already working, I noticed all the Ponzi Scheme threads go that's a start, the left is up to us, this weekend am preparing an engaging thread this is focused around Algorithm and Mathematical thinking, it's important esp for codility test and whiteboard ish.
Thank God...
i can't wait!!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
4kings:

Thank God...
i can't wait!!!

Wait o am no expert its what am currently learning just going to curate a list of algorithm books and articles and stuff. #humble

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by adenuga558(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
dhtml u see am actually telling d truth ponzi ave spoil Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Link To Download Web Development And Android Complete Tutorials / How Can I Get A Remote Back End Job / What Is The Difference Between A URL, URI And A SLUG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.