Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,837 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section (4349 Views)

Huawei Just Officially Anounced Harmony OS As Android Replacement / Why Nairaland Need A Total Restructuring Especially This Section / Abarihub.com Platform For Software Developers Now Officially Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
pcguru1:
It seems Seun is already working, I noticed all the Ponzi Scheme threads go that's a start, the left is up to us, this weekend am preparing an engaging thread this is focused around Algorithm and Mathematical thinking, it's important esp for codility test and whiteboard ish.
It is true, I looked and lo-and-behold, all the PONZI have disappeared into thin air.

adenuga558:
dhtml u see am actually telling d truth ponzi ave spoil Nairaland.
Yeah, but the ponzi boys have been killed (but because they are very stubborn, they will soon return unless someone is waiting for them)

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
dhtml18:

It is true, I looked and lo-and-behold, all the PONZI have disappeared into thin air.

Yeah, but the ponzi boys have been killed (but because they are very stubborn, they will soon return unless someone is waiting for them)

Exactly , still we need to know the mods and if possible have new mods am down to be one just to dedicate my time to removing ponzi threads, they cheapen this section.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Cannicus: 11:18am On Jul 29, 2017
dhtml18:

I have offered severally to moderate, but you have said nothing.
The state of the board is too terrible, and something needs to be done (or people will start finding alternatives).

And this reminds me, there is this snake in my compound I have been trying to catch, I will try catch it alive so that I can make Nairaland frontpage - this is faster than sharing some awesome library or stuffs I have created
(or even sharing great sites and apps i have built this year).

Is this snake of the CORBA or Python variety? Does it hiss or LISP when you try to KISS?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by 3KINGZ18: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2017
iHart:
now I caught you here, let me say this. Nairaland is not evolving. can't we have inbox for private chat? can't we be able to delete our post, at least when it has not hit the front page? can't we have video status just like instagram, whatsapp, facebook etc? I want Nairaland to evolve. social media is changing fast but Nairaland isn't. please do something about that.

By the way, I would love to moderate a section of Nairaland, especially the business section. Thank you
itz a forum bro not a social network.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
Cannicus:

Is this snake of the CORBA or Python variety? Does it hiss or LISP when you try to KISS?

LISP

3KINGZ18:
O yeah

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by iHart(m): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2017
3KINGZ18:
For that reason it shouldn't evolve? People are building strong NETWORK here, what prevents it from being something like a hybrid between social media and forum?
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by 3KINGZ18: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
iHart:
For that reason it shouldn't evolve? People are building strong NETWORK here, what prevents it from being something like a hybrid between social media and forum?
everythings serves a particular purpose,you can always refer to your social media when you need it.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by iHart(m): 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
3KINGZ18:
everythings serves a particular purpose,you can always refer to your social media when you need it.
People like you stick to traditional way of doing things. You don't have a futuristic mindset...
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by 3KINGZ18: 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
iHart:
People like you stick to traditional way of doing things. You don't have a futuristic mindset...
lol.futuristic mindset>with what changing nairaland to a social media.don't get things twisted bro.

1 Like

Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by bassdow: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
badthinds:

Dear Seun

Don't Mind those saying you should evolve to the socalled web2.0 nonsense (silento, bassdow and co) .

When you do so...same people would start comparing you old good nairaland to ...well...existing so called web2.0 sites.

I've been in the game so long to understand originality.

Adding private messages and all that would make nairaland a social network ...ofcourse, facebook is also a social network...and people would begin to compare and it would be hard for nairaland to compete.

Note:
To those who are complaining...immediately you open nairaland...you'll be greeted with "Nairaland Forum" not "Nairaland Social Network".

Seun, be mindful of what glues people to Nairaland - the slightest deviation from it would ...well -

If need arises to add anything...
1. Following individual comments ( ie, sometimes I open a thread, I don't want to follow it but I become very interested in the future of a specific comment...)
- the word "Follow" would be appended to end of every comments
- those who followed would be notified of peoples replies to that comment in a page called ...maybe / FC / = followed comments

2. I almost support people being able to delete their posts...its may be disastrous...so My advise is: Make it such a way that I can hide my any post I want from my profile...Ie - someone who visits my profile will not see those I hid...but it should, STILL be indexed by search engines.

3. ...Brb

Seun, I have many things to say about this 'features stuff' but I don't know if i'm making sense...I can even give technical support...Ie code, psudocode and algorithms if the need arises.

I may continue later...Lastly, Seun, you know customer satisfaction matters right?...there is a way you can satisfy "social network need" of some without transforming Nairaland. I know of a unique way.

Sincerely, badthinds

I don't want to talk much other than

Yahoo was once a giant but due to their failure to evolve with the ever changing atmosphere, look where they are today.
So many companies have either gone down or lost their value for failure to meetup to expectations.
Abeg what happened to 2go ? Why do You prefer Whatsapp and the likes to 2go ?

Take a look at Quora, it's really not a social network But it's better than Nairaland despite not being a forum either.

At the moment, Nairaland is more like a public Multi-Author Blog where anyone is both an Author and also a Commenter. Hmmm

These are just a few.

Even Nairaland used to be bigger and taken much more seriously before But look where it's getting to.

No one is asking for Nairaland to be transformed into a full fledge social network But their are little things that really matters.

Can I send you an instant message right away? Answer is No. I would only be able to first send a predefined message asking for permission which you would get only when you check your inbox.

What about instant messaging or a chat, can you and I chat here just so I can help you resolve an issue, socialize with you, etc ; that's another No.

Take a look at all other Forums and see how they are doing.

Don't want to talk much anyways

BUT

Blackberry despite how mighty they once were refused to adapt to changes and look what it cost them today.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by asalimpo(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2019
2 yrs later what changed? Isnt the same problems ppl complained about 2 yrs back still raging?
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by afonja112: 1:24am On Feb 19, 2019
it would appear so.
Re: I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section by Deicide: 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
@bassdow Telegram is better than Whstsapp but Whatsapp is more popular. People stick to what they are used to. 2go chased alot of people because of their useless gocredit and ads everywhere lipsrsealed

And as for Yahoo most people still use yahoo mail.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get Link To Download Web Development And Android Complete Tutorials / How Can I Get A Remote Back End Job / What Is The Difference Between A URL, URI And A SLUG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.