Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Is It Advisable To Continue Marriage Plans After She Told Me She Has A Child? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Advisable To Continue Marriage Plans After She Told Me She Has A Child? (625 Views)

A Magician Burnt At A Child Dedication In Port Harcourt (Video) / FG To Continue Borrowing / What's The Worst Lie Someone Has Ever Told You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Continue Marriage Plans After She Told Me She Has A Child? by Uniquekriss(m): 1:55am On Jul 25, 2017
Please folks, I am in a state of dilemma, my fiancee and I have been dating for about a year and 7months, we have been through so many things together both good and bad, she has been very supportive(help-meet indeed) and patient. So many persons know us together, I have told my parents she's the 'lucky" girl, even her parents too are already aware of our plans. The only major reason we haven't tied the knot is financial constraints, though we both working but I want to get to a more comfortable state b4 settling down. Only 3days ago she called me to her house and disclosed to me that she already has a male child who came as a result of rape some 7years ago, and ever since den, she has never been in contact with neither the guy (rapist) nor his family members, infact she may not know d guy when she sees him. she is about 26 now. My problem is DAT I love her and I don't wanna let her go just like that cos she really sacrificed a lot for my sake. Can I cope with her, being that her mom even confirmed that she was raped? Though her family has taken full responsibility for d child as if he is one of her younger siblings? Plz ur advice.
Re: Is It Advisable To Continue Marriage Plans After She Told Me She Has A Child? by Nobody: 2:31am On Jul 25, 2017
Love is all that matters.
Re: Is It Advisable To Continue Marriage Plans After She Told Me She Has A Child? by marshalcarter: 2:51am On Jul 25, 2017
omoh mehn....ya english na die

elders of Nland....coman do ya work grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Continue Marriage Plans After She Told Me She Has A Child? by Vutseck(m): 3:48am On Jul 25, 2017
.if women can gladly marry a single father you should also not have problems marrying her if you (truly love her)

but how truly the child is a product of rape cus it's easier to connive with her mother to brain wash you

mind you the child would be brought to live under your roof at later stage when she believes the marriage has been stabilized

the only problem in marrying a single mum is that another man will always be in the picture of your union because the child is definitely not yours

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Continue Marriage Plans After She Told Me She Has A Child? by BlackDBagba: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2017
In as much as I don't believe that the child is as a result of rape, let's deal with the pressing issue here which is the child.

Can you financially take care of one now? Are you comfortable with the fact that the father will most definitely surface one day?

Go and get medicals done to make sure she's alright. If you love her, go ahead and tie the knot.

Be wary though.... Above all, Life is good

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos/videos : Family Of 5 Confirmed Dead Over Alleged Food Poisoning In Okija / Amazing! Car Forgotten For 20 Years In Location. And Nobody Stole The Car? / Slave Trade In Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.