Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu (3698 Views)

Asari Dokubo Condemns Attack On Ekweremadu, Says Nnamdi Kanu Is A Monster(Video) / People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) / My Brother Is Alive, Says Nnamdi Kanu’s Younger Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by MysticalTee(m): 8:01am On Jul 25, 2017
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, on Monday, said Igbo must not vacate the North, or any other part of the country, as a condition for the actualisation of the agitation for Biafra.

The IPOB leader spoke in an interview with some journalists in Enugu, where he received awards from a number of pan-Igbo groups, including the Igbo Women Assembly, the Eastern Consultative Assembly and the Igbo Students Union.

Reacting to the ‘quit notice’ issued to Igbo in the North by a coalition of Arewa youths, Kanu noted that secession from Nigeria did not imply that Igbo must leave the North, or other part of the country as suggested by the ultimatum issued by the northern youths.

He said, “You are aware that Scotland is seeking to leave the United Kingdom? Are you remotely implying that every person from Scotland, who lives in England, should now return to Scotland?

“Britain just left the EU. Are you now implying that every British citizen in the EU should come back to Britain in order to finalise that process of extraction of Britain from the EU?”

Kanu noted that what he described as “poor education” was responsible for the impression that Igbo must leave other parts of Nigeria in the event of the actualisation of Biafra.

The Biafran agitator added that he would not take issue with the Arewa youths, who he described as “inconsequential.”

Kanu, nonetheless, warned that Igbo, who resided in the North, were doing so at their own peril.

According to him, Igbo resident in the North are “sacrificial lambs” who could be killed at any moment.

Asked if Igbo in the North should ignore the notice to quit, the IPOB leader stated, “It is up to them. They have been in the North, and they (northerners) have been killing us (Igbo) since 1945.

“If you choose to live in the North, you choose to be a sacrificial lamb because one day, they will kill you. It is a choice they have made and they will have to live with it.”

Kanu insisted that the governorship poll in Anambra State, scheduled to hold on November 18, 2017, would not hold unless the Federal Government acceded to pro-Biafran agitators’ demand for a referendum.

Asked if he was not bothered that Ohanaeze Ndigbo had overruled his call for the boycott of the poll, Kanu said he was in charge of the people “100 per cent.”

He added, “No, I’m not (bothered) because the people are with us. We control the people 100 per cent and come Anambra, on the 18th of November, 2017, the whole world will be amazed.”

Although he said he was certain that the people of Anambra would boycott the election, Kanu said IPOB did not intend to stop anybody who decided to vote.

“We are entirely peaceful. We are not stopping anyone from voting. If you want to vote, you can go and vote. We are democrats,” he said.

Kanu added that the planned referendum would, once and for all, settle the debate between Biafra and restructuring.

The IPOB leader said, “We are calling for a referendum so that the people can actually decide, once and for all, what they want, for themselves; not anybody deciding for them.

“I have not argued Biafra from the standpoint of absolutism. I am not saying you must vote for Biafra. I am asking the powers that be in Nigeria to allow the people to determine for themselves.”

Reacting to his bail conditions, the IPOB leader said the court, which barred him from granting interviews, could not stop him from speaking.

He said, “I am not giving an interview, I am responding to the question you asked me. The judge is a very learned fellow. She cannot stop me from speaking.”

Earlier, Kanu had assured a delegation of the Igbo Women Assembly, led by Mrs. Maria Okwor, that the menace posed by Fulani herdsmen in parts of the South-East “would come to an end before the end of the year.”

He equally told members of the Igbo Students Union, who honoured him with the title of ‘Light of the People’, to join IPOB and propagate the struggle for Biafra on the social media.

Meanwhile, IPOB, on Monday, alleged that some top politicians were plotting to kill Kanu, its leader, and other principal officers of the group.

It said huge amount of money and political patronages had been offered to certain people to execute the plot.

In a statement by the group’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, IPOB said any attack on Kanu would radicalise the Biafra struggle in a manner nobody could stop.

The group named certain governors, an elder statesman, a socio-cultural organisation, a security chief and a religious head as some of those masterminding the plot.

The statement added, “But we promise them that any attack on Nnamdi Kanu or assassination attempt will radicalise the struggle for Biafran independence to the point which no one can contain.

“We are reminding those evil plotters that if anything happens to our leader, Nnamdi Kanu, who has been using non-violent methods for Biafran liberation since the inception of IPOB, that they will experience what they have not seen before since the creation of the contraption called Nigeria by the British.”

http://punchng.com/with-biafra-igboll-remain-in-nigeria-says-nnamdi-kanu/

4 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Luckylife(m): 8:11am On Jul 25, 2017
OK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 8:15am On Jul 25, 2017
Very soon you'll know this is Africa and not Europe, were the Scots, Catalonians, Québécois seeking for the death of citizens of their respective countries? Were they preaching hate and calling their countries and citizens unprintable names as you did? Though you've been humbled lately as the hate speeches has reduced.
Ndigbo up north should just relocate and stop listening to this scammer

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Agumbaa: 8:17am On Jul 25, 2017
Media deceptions everywhere, yesterday was Vanguard, today is Punch.
Brown envelope lying media houses.

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 25, 2017
But he was once talking and bragging about war!why is he talking like gentleman now?.
He should act like a brave man, not these humble man remakes, or he want people to sympathize with him?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2017
taoheedoriloye:
But he was once talking and bragging about war!why is he talking like gentleman now?.
He should act like a brave man, not these humble man remakes, or he want people to sympathize with him?
He actually said it and even went to the US to solicit for money to buy arms. He's after referendum now and no more war. Double mouthed bi.ch like him

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by attackgat: 8:41am On Jul 25, 2017
If Kanu said this (I dont like to believe anything these days without video evidence) then he is actually right.

Scottish people did not hace to leave the rest of Britain for agitating for independence.

British people did not have to leave EU countries because of BREXIT

Catalonians did not have to leave Spain for asking for a referendum

So why is it in Nigeria we keep hearing these useless ultimatums that Igbos should go home?

The massacre of Igbos in the North happend in 1945, 1953, 1966 and periodically since then till now. How many Norrherners have ever been killed in Igbo land? None. Naturally, any Igbo who decides to reside in the North does so at their peril. I always say that it is better to be broke but safe in your land than to be rich but dead in another mans land.

As for the Anambra elections we have about 4 months to go. We shall see if my fellow Anambrarians heed the call to boycott the elections or if they go out to vote. As for me, I support boycott.

8 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Yyeske(m): 8:56am On Jul 25, 2017
attackgat:
If Kanu said this (I dont like to believe anything these days without video evidence) then he is actually right.

Scottish people did not hace to leave the rest of Britain for agitating for independence.

So why is it in Nigeria we keep hearing these useless ultimatums that Igbos should go home?

The massacre of Igbos in the North happend in 1945, 1953, 1966 and periodically since then till now. How many Norrherners have ever been killed in Igbo land? None. Naturally, any Igbo who decides to reside in the North does so at their peril. I always say that it is better to be broke but safe in your land than to be rich but dead in another mans land.

As for the Anambra elections we have about 4 months to go. We shall see if my fellow Anambrarians heed the call to boycott the elections or if they go out to vote. As for me, I support boycott.
You forgot that the agitating for referendum wasn't based on hate and name calling in those countries and Nigeria has every right to ammend her laws inrespective of any international treaties.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Guestlander: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2017
Well, that was his own position. The position of other Nigerians is that if you consider Nigeria a zoo then you must leave.
What a con man.

7 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by sarrki(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2017
The scammer at it again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by sarrki(m): 9:00am On Jul 25, 2017
The truthbis they will have to leave

That's just the truth

You called our country zoo

You can't eat your came and have it back

5 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by sarrki(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2017
The truthbis they will have to leave

That's just the truth

You called our country zoo

You can't eat your cake and have it back
Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by nextprince: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2017
Then what's the madness all about?

If they remain in the "zoo", will they not be subject to the law of the "zoo" that you claim to be running away from? Or the rules of the "zoo" will now change because you have biafla?

Or you think if the likes of Evans are apprehended, they will be freed because they are not Nigerians?

Na until this man pull shirt enter market una go know say he need admission for psychiatric ward.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by SegunAdewole: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2017
This is another liar mohammed-inspired fake news with yoruba punchng as the mouthpiece. The Mor0n can't even string a believable propaganda anymore. grin

3 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by SegunAdewole: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2017
Guestlander:
Well, that was his own position. The position of other Nigerians is that if you consider Nigeria a zoo then you must leave.
What a con man.

Don't worry we abandon Kanu and follow liar mohammed the most honest man in the milky way. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by madridguy(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2017
Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by GameGod(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu, on Monday, said Igbo must not vacate the North, or any other part of the country,
May thunder scatter this useless Proboscis monkey angry
You can't be insulting your neighbors on a daily basis and expect them to give your child a lift or expect your children to be allowed to keep farming in the land of your so called enemies. If you want your country, be prepared to relocate your people back just like South Sudan. You can't eat your cake and still have it, that is impossible.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by SegunAdewole: 9:12am On Jul 25, 2017
GameGod:
May thunder scatter you, useless monkey angry
E pain your muslim allahkubarian skull. Insha Allah! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by StakerLives(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2017
nextprince:
Then what's the madness all about?

If they remain in the "zoo", will they not be subject to the law of the "zoo" that you claim to be running away from? Or the rules of the "zoo" will now change because you have biafla?

Or you think if the likes of Evans are apprehended, they will be freed because they are not Nigerians?

Na until this man pull shirt enter market una go know say he need admission for psychiatric ward.
i think you did be the one to do that

4 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by StakerLives(m): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2017
Guestlander:
What a con man.
cool

Despite the fact that you are educated, you have still decided to be an illiterate

5 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by nextprince: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2017
StakerLives:

i think you did be the one to do that
See English, they are easily identified the moment they type more than one letter.

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Guestlander: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2017
StakerLives:

cool

Despite the fact that you are educated, you have still decided to be an illiterate

Can you even read? Please provide where it is stated that igbo is an official language of Equitorial Guinea. Mind you, a recognized regional language is not the same as official language.

4 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by GameGod(m): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2017
Asked if he was not bothered that Ohanaeze Ndigbo had overruled his call for the boycott of the poll, Kanu said he was in charge of the people “100 per cent.”
Mumus full that region aswear chai

4 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by CaesarVelli: 9:31am On Jul 25, 2017
We need each other

3 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Biafman: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2017
Yyeske:
Very soon you'll know this is Africa and not Europe, were the Scots, Catalonians, Québécois seeking for the death of citizens of their respective countries? Were they preaching hate and calling their countries and citizens unprintable names as you did? Though you've been humbled lately as the hate speeches has reduced.
Ndigbo up north should just relocate and stop listening to this scammer
Did he not ask Ndigbo in the north to relocate? Did you not read such in the article? He told them to relocate, but if they wish they can stay. That is to show you that he is not forcing anyone against thei wish. Were the British, Spaniards and Canadians making it difficult for Scots, Catalonians, Québécois to have referendum and decide for their future? Did the Scot not have referendum and voted to stay and are still going to have another one? Are the Scots, Catalonians, Québécois being killed in the streets whenever they organize their peaceful rallies for awareness? Why are you zoo inhabitants so daft?

4 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by BrutalJab: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2017
What's all this regurgitated trash?

How many times una wan twist the story? mtcheew
Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by Naijaguy12345(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by NafeesaAA(f): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2017
attackgat:

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by NafeesaAA(f): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2017
I guess all these attacks happened in American

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by NafeesaAA(f): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2017
Hmmmm

Re: With Biafra, Igbo’ll Remain In Nigeria, Says Nnamdi Kanu by attackgat: 10:37am On Jul 25, 2017
[quote author=NafeesaAA post=58808902][/quote]

Why arw you posting this fake news that no one has been able to verify till today? Two police men were killed but their nanes have never been mentioned? We need pictures, names and videos not mere words

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Origin Of The Name Of The City Of Port Harcourt / Where Does History Leave The Cowards? Case Of Akinwunmi Ambode! / Caption This Photo Of Ganduje Looking At The Back Of Tunubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.