Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,964 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! (2986 Views)

Meet Obi Okeke, Who Has Sold Over 39 Luxury Cars To Floyd Mayweather / Some Facts You Need To Know About Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) / How Can I Get Original Timing Belt Of 1998 Toyota Camry(pencil Light) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by 20pence: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house.

My 1998 Toyota Camry has the ABS light on. I was able to manually get the code by jumping the DLC1 diagnostic connector. The code is 39 (Open Circuit - Left Rear Speed Sensor or Circuit).

I have changed the Left Rear ABS Sensor and cleared the code manually, but it comes right back with the same code. Has anyone handled this issue on this model before or you know the solution to it? Kindly share to assist a fellow in need.

Oga GAZZUZZ, Ikenna and other gurus in the house, please help!
Re: ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by honmusa(m): 10:52am On Jul 25, 2017
20pence:
Hello Gurus in the house.

My 1998 Toyota Camry has the ABS light on. I was able to manually get the code by jumping the DLC1 diagnostic connector. The code is 39 (Open Circuit - Left Rear Speed Sensor or Circuit).

I have changed the Left Rear ABS Sensor and cleared the code manually, but it comes right back with the same code. Has anyone handled this issue on this model before or you know the solution to it? Kindly share to assist a fellow in need.

Oga GAZZUZZ, Ikenna and other gurus in the house, please help!

You don't take dtc code literally to avoid buying parts that is not defective ,it is good to try to understand how things works first before making decision on diagnosis !!!
The ABS wheel sensor is not in isolation ,it is in a circuit that has connection to the ABS module and also the sensor is taking signal from a abs reluctor ring that Is attached to the driveshaft .
So other things your need to check ;
1.wiring system integrity from abs wheel sensor to the ABS module ,
2.ABS reluctor Ring on the driveshaft (also try to clean if it is dirty )!!!
Re: ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by 20pence: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thank you @honmusa, I will do these and give an update soonest.
Re: ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by 20pence: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
@ honmusa...thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate it. The ABS code 39 is gone. I am very happy!!!!! I cleaned the reluctor rings as directed and the wiring (to the extent I checked) appeared okay.

However, another ABS code has re-surfaced. It is ABS code 35. In my lame mind, I think it is still connected to the earlier fault code.

I will like to book an appointment and bring it to your workshop.
Re: ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by honmusa(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
20pence:
@ honmusa...thank you so much for your advice. I really appreciate it. The ABS code 39 is gone. I am very happy!!!!! I cleaned the reluctor rings as directed and the wiring (to the extent I checked) appeared okay.

However, another ABS code has re-surfaced. It is ABS code 35. In my lame mind, I think it is still connected to the earlier fault code.

Ok sir ,call my no @ my signature .Let discuss!!
Re: ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by honmusa(m): 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
20pence:

Ok sir ,u can call my no @ my signature .Let discuss!!
Re: ABS Code 39 On 1998 Toyota Camry, Pls Help! by Bizzyliss(m): 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
honmusa:

Ok sir ,u can call my no @ my signature .Let discuss!!
pls how can I detect the different years of Camry 2007, 2008 and 2009

(1) (Reply)

Do I Remove The Thermostart In My Car Engine? / Pictures Of Exotic Cars In Nigeria / Volvo Xc90 Suv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.