Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Flooding: Shld I Sue D Landlord For Damages - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Flooding: Shld I Sue D Landlord For Damages (328 Views)

Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants" / Man Kicked Out By Landlord For Changing Girlfriends Too Often In South Africa / I Want To Sue My Landlord For Breach Of Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Flooding: Shld I Sue D Landlord For Damages by ollysaks: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2017
Fellow Nairalanders, am so angry and I need legal advise from our legal experts and estate Managers. angry angry angry. Make una no vex say na for free.

I got a flat for my siblings to stay, some years ago. Two years ago the building got flooded and I personally paid a bricklayer to patch up d fence, and work on the gutters. The landlord who doesn't live there, feigned ignorance. angry sad

Now, we let that incident go, the rains came this year with a lot of flood and my people's stuff was all ruined. The rain on Saturday destroyed from clothes to certificates, electronics and books nothing was spared.
We were so distraught, we couldn't take pictures. cry
cry

To rub salt into injury, when the owner was informed, he said it was everywhere. No phone call or promise to rectify it. As it could have been prevented.
All he does is to increase the rent.

Pls any candid advise will be appreciated.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

2bedroom Flat Available For Rent In Bucknor Estate Ejigbo Lagos / Secured Land With C Of O For Sale I N Ajah/ Ibeju Lekki / This Real Estate Investment Can Generate Over N35m Over a Period of 5 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.