Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,375 members, 7,850,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura (488 Views)

Umaru Tanko Almakura Celebrates 66th Birthday At Special School Lafia (Photos) / The Venue Of Ekiti APC Primary As Governor Almakura Inspects It (pics / Tanko Almakura & Wife Visit Buhari In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura by lightblazingnow(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
The president was really looking himself and very healthy
nigeriadailynews.com

– Nasarawa state governor, Umar Tanko Al-Makura, was one of the governors who recently visited President Buhari in London

– Al-Makura said the president was looking healthy and would soon return to Nigeria

– He debunked rumour from some quarters that the president was confined to a chair in a house

Nasarawa state governor, Umar Tanko Al-Mukura, has debunked rumour that President Muhammadu Buhari is confined to a chair in a London apartment.

Al-Makura, who was one of the All Progressive Party elected governors who recently visited the President in London, said he was looking healthy and ready to return home.

He said the president did not only have hours of meeting with him and others but took a walk around with them.

The governor said those who are referring to the picture of the APC gvernors with Buhari as fake are just being comical and have no idea how healthy the president is.

The governor, who spoke with The Nation newspaper, said: “We did not only visit the President, we walked, we sat down with him and we fraternised the way we used to do. He was not confined to any chair or any place.

“The President was really looking himself and very healthy. He was very alert, very concerned about the country and he was abreast of the latest issues in Nigeria. He has information on everything going on in the country.”

“He maintained his agility, his strength, his wit and the alertness of his mind. As far as I am concerned, the President can come back any time from now. He is fit to return home.”

Al-Makura said he and the others chatted with the president for about an hour and he wasn’t looking like someone who is gravely ill as some opponents of his party are trying to say.

He said: “For about an hour, we brainstormed on a number of issues, especially about national interest and the unity of this country. We spoke generally on how to handle issues or policies that will enhance the quality of life in this country.

“The President also tried to find out how each state was doing from the governors on the trip. And he asked questions from party leaders and all members of the delegation.

“After a long session, we ended up on the dining table where we feasted with the President.”

While reacting to allegation that the photo with the president was doctored, Al-Makura said: “Anyone can embark on wishful thinking. I was a member of the delegation and I have told you the truth about the way we met and interacted with the President.

“The onus is on who alleges to prove otherwise. Whoever says we didn’t go is casting aspersions on our integrity. This is really unfortunate.

“We have no cause to lie to Nigerians. I just came in this morning and I have all my travel documents intact.

“I am surprised that anyone could say that we didn’t see the President. It makes me to appreciate the extent to which a person can go comical.”

Meanwhile, the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) has selected six governors elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to visit President Muhammadu Buhari in London.

The NSA, Major General Babagana Munguno (retd.), selected the six governors from the six geo-political zones of the country.

Four governors selected for the trip are from the south-south, south-east, north-west and south-west respectively, while two others are from the north-east and north-central.

https://www.nigeriadailynews.com/stories/104358-the-president-was-really-looking-himself-and-very-healthy-nasarawa-governor-speaks-after-london-visit.html

Re: The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura by lightblazingnow(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
Shut
Re: The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura by richidinho(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
depleting our foreign reserve jst to visit BUHARI

after they will come and be shouting Jonathan emptied our treasury that is why our foreign reserve is low

God will punish zombies that listen to these idiots

Useless country
Re: The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura by abokibuhari: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
That old ani mal
Re: The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura by lightblazingnow(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2017
Health
Re: The President Was Really Looking Himself And Very Healthy- Umar Tanko Almakura by lightblazingnow(m): 4:57am On Jul 26, 2017
Hear

(1) (Reply)

The Current State Of Our President / New Book Top Secret: 37 Laws Of Political Power / As It Stands Now, Buhari Can legally Take 2yrs Sick Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.