Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,924 members, 7,821,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

A Clear Explanation On How Failure Is Vital To Success - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Clear Explanation On How Failure Is Vital To Success (523 Views)

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / How Can I Advise A Serial Cheat And Failure Of A Father? / Failure Is Not An Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Clear Explanation On How Failure Is Vital To Success by Opinionated: 1:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
By Kazeem Abolore

Many may not know that failure is sometimes a prerequisite to success; you may fail at some point before you succeed. The key question to answer is not ‘when do you fail?’ but ‘when do you start?’ Because it is when you start that you may fail and it is when you fail and remain persistent that you succeed. Your case is like a baby that does not crawl, when will he stand let alone walk? Your own crawling is when you start, your attempt at standing and stumbling is when you fail and finally when you walk is when you succeed.
Starting doesn’t have to be big; this has been said many times. Chances are that you have read it too, it just has to be done. Don’t be great to start, start so that you can be great. Here is an acronym I created for the word START.

S – See yourself doing it
T – Tell yourself you will do it
A – Act on it
R – Revisit your purpose and then
T – Things will get right in time.

I once wrote about 3 dangers of not starting now. Let me reiterate them here:
1. You may never start (do) it, the Law of Diminishing Intent will work against you. It says, “The longer you wait to do something you know you should do now, the greater the chances are you will never do it”.
2. You may start another activity, you may get motivated to do other things.
3. You might be pained when you see someone doing something similar to it.

When you have not started, when are you going to fail?

Here are some quotes that can help you get started.
“The longer you wait to do something you know you should do now, the greater the chances are you will never do it” – Law of Diminishing Intent
“The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” ― Mark Twain
“Getting started is the most difficult thing to do; once you file it out, the rest of the journey is as soft as the straw. Be a good beginner.” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the dream
Do what you can, use what you have right now where you are.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/clear-explanation-failure-vital-success/

cc: lalasticlala myn44

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Clear Explanation On How Failure Is Vital To Success by Tiffbuxas: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2017
Bless you
Re: A Clear Explanation On How Failure Is Vital To Success by Divay22(f): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2017
It's all starts from now..
Re: A Clear Explanation On How Failure Is Vital To Success by Olamideibrahim: 8:36am On Jan 06, 2018
Opinionated:

By Kazeem Abolore

Many may not know that failure is sometimes a prerequisite to success; you may fail at some point before you succeed. The key question to answer is not ‘when do you fail?’ but ‘when do you start?’ Because it is when you start that you may fail and it is when you fail and remain persistent that you succeed. Your case is like a baby that does not crawl, when will he stand let alone walk? Your own crawling is when you start, your attempt at standing and stumbling is when you fail and finally when you walk is when you succeed.
Starting doesn’t have to be big; this has been said many times. Chances are that you have read it too, it just has to be done. Don’t be great to start, start so that you can be great. Here is an acronym I created for the word START.

S – See yourself doing it
T – Tell yourself you will do it
A – Act on it
R – Revisit your purpose and then
T – Things will get right in time.

I once wrote about 3 dangers of not starting now. Let me reiterate them here:
1. You may never start (do) it, the Law of Diminishing Intent will work against you. It says, “The longer you wait to do something you know you should do now, the greater the chances are you will never do it”.
2. You may start another activity, you may get motivated to do other things.
3. You might be pained when you see someone doing something similar to it.

When you have not started, when are you going to fail?

Here are some quotes that can help you get started.
“The longer you wait to do something you know you should do now, the greater the chances are you will never do it” – Law of Diminishing Intent
“The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” ― Mark Twain
“Getting started is the most difficult thing to do; once you file it out, the rest of the journey is as soft as the straw. Be a good beginner.” ― Israelmore Ayivor, Shaping the dream
Do what you can, use what you have right now where you are.

Pls I need anyone to tell Mi McCarthy Saturday lectures time

source: http://www.opinions.ng/clear-explanation-failure-vital-success/

cc: lalasticlala myn44

(1) (Reply)

Duplex Mate Wanted IKOYI / Assisting The Elderly With Drug Administration / Why Does Younger Girls Date Or Marry Older Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.