Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa (877 Views)

Uche Ogbodo Reveals She Was Advised To Abort Her Daughter Mildred / Odunlade Adekola, His Wife & Eniola Ajao At His Convocation In UNILAG / Toke Makinwa Says Her Grades In UNILAG Were So Bad She Was Advised To Withdraw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa by Nagisa: 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2017
Nigerian On-Air Personality and author of ‘On Becoming’, Toke Makinwa has taken to her social media page to reveal her academic prowess while she was a university student at the University of Lagos, UNILAG.

The media personality who ended her book tour yesterday at her alma mater, UNILAG revealed that her decision to end the book tour which started months ago at her alma mater was based on the fact that the institution gave her something to think of especially when she almost gave up hope.

She revealed that she failed so much while in school that she was advised to withdraw at some point.

She said: “I haven’t always made the right choices but I am thankful for grace. I’m no where near perfect, I struggle sometimes but I’m learning to lean on the grace of God to catch me when I fall. Its quite emotional for me to end my book tour at the University of Lagos cos I remember my time there, I wasn’t the brightest student, I had potential but I was a troubled young girl, I didn’t care much for my books till one day I was advised to withdraw, and I hit rock bottom.”

She continued: “I had no where else to go, my grades were bad, so bad the school asked me to leave. Something happened (grace), there was a meeting with all department heads I was granted mercy on humanitarian grounds. My lecturers knew I had it in me but I couldn’t see what they saw, they decided to give me an extra year to turn it around. It was humiliating, I started not quite at the bottom but it was a struggle. My mates had graduated and I was in a new class and boy it was hard but I did it.

“I don’t know how but I made a 2:2. Instead of 4 years I spent 5/6 but I made it out. It is important for me to go back and meet with the students in Unilag, the ones doing great and the students that are struggling too. Sometimes it takes sharing your story to inspire someone to believe in themselves and I’m always up for it. Dates will be revealed soon, #onbecomingmediatour #OnBecominginUnilag #TMisComingHome #rockbottomtorockstar #Godschild”

Share with friends:

Read more at http://www.herald.ng/failed-much-unilag-advised-withdraw-toke-makinwa/#RcrDioI8agEYbWib.99
Re: I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa by badostic: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2017
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa by webmans: 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2017
hmm
Re: I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa by maklelemakukula(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
How did you get admitted into unilag then ? heard its very difficult for igbos to get admission in unilag.
Re: I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa by vizkiz: 4:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
Errrr... I doubt the credibility of this news
Re: I Failed So Much In UNILAG I Was Advised To Withdraw – Toke Makinwa by Naijaguy12345(m): 4:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
maklelemakukula:
How did you get admitted into unilag then ? heard its very difficult for igbos to get admission in unilag.
Makinwa is a Yoruba name, you guys always come up with Igbo been mistreated all time.

(1) (Reply)

Eunice Morgan-my Endless Song Drops 3rd August / Check Out Photos From Wizkids Album Launch At Gas Monkey / No More Beef? Peter & Paul Okoye Spotted Partying Together In Lagos Club (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.