Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Should I Do - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do (704 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do by okenwa(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2010
i met and fell in love with this lady last year, i meant well for us by letting her know almost every thing about me with ease even without her asking me questions,because i feel if u want to marry a lady both of you should know each other well.she does not always open up to me, and even when she does it is with persuation from me.i asked about her academic records late last year and she told me she did her NYSC in kano state after graduating from university of jos.
i went on deeply into this relationship and sometimes this month i took her to my people,we equally travelled to see her relations before returning to lagos.dates were fixed for the two weddings(traditional and church) infact the day our invitation card was to be printed she came over to my office to give shock me with the news that she never graduated from UNIJOS,though she often lie to me,now am in dilema,does she love me or she just needed to settle down by telling me who she really is not? i have decided to stand down every preparation for now. candid comment please
Re: What Should I Do by Pweety4me(f): 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2010
Uhmm dat's really all left up 2 u 2 figger out menh. . .
Re: What Should I Do by okenwa(m): 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2010
in fact i have been dump founed since 3 days ago angry
Re: What Should I Do by okenwa(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
i actually love her but i can withstand the series of lies she cooks, not to start thinking of taking her back to school afresh.
Re: What Should I Do by omega25red(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
so she didn't graduate, why is that a deal breaker?
some times when we meet people they have so many acheivments that pair pressure makes us say things that would allow us to not feel small.
I would be happy that she told me before i found out later and besides this should give you a chance to find out a whole lot more about her then decide if you want to continue.
I dont think not graduating from uni should be a deal breaker that should allow you to help her finish depending on her reasons as to why she didnt finish or why she waited so long to tell you
Re: What Should I Do by mamagee3(f): 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2010
Move on with your life.
Re: What Should I Do by woye77: 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2010
there is no big deal! if u love her, go ahead and marry her
Re: What Should I Do by okenwa(m): 11:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
thanks mama gee
Re: What Should I Do by woye77: 12:03am On Feb 08, 2010
okenwa:

thanks mama gee
what makes mama gee's advice different from that of others - it's obvious u have already decided to leave the lady so why bother asking for people's opinion ? it's not worth responding to thread's like this
Re: What Should I Do by daylae(m): 12:16am On Feb 08, 2010
@poster maybe during ur conversations,she figured out u're setting standards for her that must tally with your taste in the woman you want to settle down with. Knowing that she presently can't meet those standards,she ressolved in lying to you because of the fear of lossing you which is definately wrong on her own part. She must have struggled with herself before being courageous enough to tell you the truth about her educational background. If you really love her and want to marry her,make her feel comfortable and safe enough in telling you the truth about her educational background and other things she's not telling,which probably do not meet your standard. There is no crime with you setting standards about the person you want to marry,but if you really believe she's the right person,then help her in meeting those standards.
Re: What Should I Do by okenwa(m): 12:20am On Feb 08, 2010
thanks daylae

she actually fear loosing me,but a truth from the word go,would have duosed my mined.

(1) (Reply)

Valentine! Valentine! Valentine! / Is It Right To Condemn P-r-o-s-t-it-u-t-es? / Would You Maintain A Joint Account With Ur Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.