Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! (1549 Views)

Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression / The Recruitment Of 1,300 Primary Teachers In Lagos Has Been Approved By Ambode / Is The Recruitment Agency "Www.jobsindubai.com" Asking For $92 A Scam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by RuuDie(m): 8:51am On Feb 08, 2007
I know this been an age-long tradition for businesses worldwide but I thinl it's utterly unnecessary! what am whining about? The interviews conducted by most organizations.

it's true that every employer wants the very best hands to ensure the growth of his/her business but let's face facts, everybody knows it's all about the "cheese"! I really do not see the need 4 a formal interview where some poker-faced interviewer sits on a high horse and asks silly-ass questions like "where d'u see urself in 5yrs time?" - where else but where my pocket is fatter than a bloated elephant off course; or "what are ur career objectives?" - to be as wealthy as Mr. Gates & Roman Abrahamovich put together; but of course u can't answer those questions like this in a formal interview else ur ass is hauled back into the den of the unemployed mass; not like u ever was out of it anyway. wink
the truth; the real answers to some of our so called interview questions is so glaring - then why all the ceremony!?

my take on this is, quit all the pretense when the bare-bones are very obvious; if an applicant is good enough for the job (how d'u know if he is? u test him stupid!) and honest enough not to short-change u or bring ur biz to disrepute; then hand 'em the job , how long he/she stays with u, leave to God & hope 4 d best - but change is the only constant thing in life so u can't control that!
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by yankidelta(m): 11:43am On Feb 08, 2007
smiley Ruddie i feel ur pain but in a country like ours who do u really blame?With the rising army of unemployed youths the few employers can afford to do whatever they like cos we have a govt dat bleeps us right in the arse.I no go surprise if to be a cleaner in a firm u might be asked to do GMAT!! grin grin
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by boladonas(m): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2007
, unrealistic
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by karanolu(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2007
Thats just the plain truth.I had a nasty experience once and to be frank,i just got over that episode.The situation needs a serious redressing by the government.What do you think guys.
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by OpeLovely(f): 2:51am On Feb 09, 2007
I totally agree with you ruudie.

If a genuine employer wants to employ, they don't even need to conduct a test before they employ. I have witnessed a case where Bellview needed someone for a job and my friend happened to drop her c.v. that fateful day and she was called for immediate employment. They didn't need to test her only to train her.

Sometimes, these employers would meddle with our brains and advertise job placements meant for 10 people knowing fully well that 10,000 applicants would cash in. At the end of the day, they waste people's time and still employ the people they want to employ under the pretext that they are an-equal-opportunities-player.

Frankly, i consider the test thing to be bullshit. I mean, i did a test for DDB advertising agency, passed the test, got congratulated, passed 2 interviews and yet was not given a letter of employment cuz they had their candidates.
All that is plain hypocrisy.
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by omola(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2007
u are right,ours is a country that promotes sentiments than what u can deleiver,God wd save us
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by chukky76(m): 3:07am On Feb 11, 2007
oh my God Ruudie i couldnt have said it better. i mean whats with the f u c k i n g charade? i've only attended one interview so far as i just passed out from nysc but i was so pissed off by the 2 dudes who were like what? 2seconds older than me? look punks, i just passed your f u c k i n g test right, , see my cv? went to a great school, read a great course , made a great grade, you can see i'm f u c k i n g intelligent just by me saying my name so don't ask me stupid questions because you want to offer me a 50k paying job. it aint sitp you punk.what if i told u i wanted to work and make my name and go and work for your rival as soon as he offers me more money. what if i told you i wanted to get your job in 5 years when it took you 10 to get there? you cant handle the truth!! you want to make me go through 3 f u c k i n g stagesĀ  of interviews for a f u c k i n g job i'll probably leave as soon as shell or bankphb or nlng calls me? the guys could see i wasnt impressed by them and i guess i didnt make it because i never got called back. f u c k em!!!

truth is from interviews you can't tell who's going to leave you in the next 6 months or 2 years because its all about the benjamins or convenience. its not about being loyal to an organization because i responded to your half page ad !! duh!! you hotĀ  but you aint that hot
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by winie(f): 12:29pm On Feb 12, 2007
chuky 76

why use all those swear words? take am easy jare. be who you want to be and not what dem company want you to be. that's my secret in life.
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by RuuDie(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2007
winie:

chuky 76

why use all those swear words? take am easy jare. be who you want to be and not what them company want you to be. that's my secret in life.

its more like u're expected to be every and anything else but your self. . . imagine being urself and spewing hot sizzling venom on ur interviewers, do u think u'd stand a chance of getting the job so darn infuriating angry
Re: The "recruitment" Charade : 4rm An Angry Job-seeker! by kolatiti(f): 2:14am On Aug 10, 2007
hi guys,
this things are really true, but no one wants to hear the truth. i mean all the so called employers, they know quite well dt u will still undergo a training why ask unnecessary questions?

(1) (Reply)

Hnd Scrabed / Dpr/nnpc Induction / First Bank Has Changed: O: O: !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.