Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Court Finally Frees Man Who Named His Dog Buhari, After Almost A Year In Custody - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Finally Frees Man Who Named His Dog Buhari, After Almost A Year In Custody (424 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo And Naira Marley's Management Reveal Why He Is Still In Custody / Naira Marley Granted Bail After 10 Days In Custody / Court Frees Small Doctor With A Stern Warning To Avoid Violence Within The Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Finally Frees Man Who Named His Dog Buhari, After Almost A Year In Custody by blogreporter: 8:50am On Jul 26, 2017
Chief Magistrate’s Court in Sango, yesterday, dismissed charges filed against the man who named his dog ‘Buhari’ in a community in Ogun state. Magistrate O. O. Adebo said the prosecutor failed to substantiate his case against Joachim Iroko and consequently struck out all charges preferred against him. Mr. Iroko’s lawyer was ecstatic, yesterday, praising the court for the verdict.

The 41year old was arrested in August 2016 for causing a breach of peace after he was reported by his neighbour, for naming his dog Buhari.

The neighbour, identified as Haliru Umar from Sokoto State, said Mr. Iroko harboured sinister motives when he named his dog Buhari.

Speaking with Vanguard after the verdict, the suspect, Joachim Iroko said he has been vindicated.

He thanked all those that cried out on his behalf during the traumatic period of his being dragged from one police station to another.

“I would like to thank specially, Vanguard Newspaper for blowing the case open and human rights lawyer, Ebun Adegborowa that came to my rescue” he stated.

http://www.ebiwalismoment.com/2017/07/court-frees-man-who-named-his-dog.html

Re: Court Finally Frees Man Who Named His Dog Buhari, After Almost A Year In Custody by AndrewDex(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2017
What an insult to the Dog, how can you name a dog Buhari?
Re: Court Finally Frees Man Who Named His Dog Buhari, After Almost A Year In Custody by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2017
angry
I see nothing absolutely in this post
Re: Court Finally Frees Man Who Named His Dog Buhari, After Almost A Year In Custody by makydebbie(f): 9:12am On Jul 26, 2017
Misplaced priorities. So locking this guy up made Nigeria better?

The guy no try sef, it's this fine dog he kon name Buhari. undecided

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways The Environment Is Damaging Your Skin / Reminisce Shares Worst Regret As Celebrity / Attention! I Need A God-fearing And Graceful Lady For A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.