Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) (35691 Views)

New Ministries Created By President Buhari And Their Ministers (Photos) / Osinbajo To Swear-In Ocheni And Hassan's As Ministers Tomorrow / Senate Confirms Stephen Ocheni And Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 12:34am On Jul 27, 2017
davidodiba:
Osibaba is working. Naija moving forward... Cool cool

Naija moving forward? You mean by employing more people to an already over bloated bureaucracy?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidodiba(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2017
davidif:

Naija moving forward? You mean by employing more people to an already over bloated bureaucracy?

Are you in Nigeria at all or you have seemingly escaped in quote to another country for you type the rubbish you did? If you not wish Naija well, then you need to have your brain checked. If you quote me again, I will fall on you
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
davidodiba:

Are you in Nigeria at all or you have seemingly escaped in quote to another country for you type the rubbish you did? If you not wish Naija well, then you need to have your brain checked. If you quote me again, I will fall on you

What is this one even saying? Why is a poor country having such a large and inefficient govt? Uh? Why does a poor country like this have 36 ministries and 36 states? And yet this people don't see the need to downsize?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by omohayek: 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2017
davidif:

What is this one even saying? Why is a poor country having such a large and inefficient govt? Uh? Why does a poor country like this have 36 ministries and 36 states? And yet this people don't see the need to downsize?
Most Nigerians simply can't conceive of governance as being about anything more than sharing a "national cake" that is based on oil-rents nobody actually worked for; the average Nigerian is simply too young (and to poorly educated) to have known any other form of government than the glorified "you chop I chop" governance of the last 47 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
omohayek:

Most Nigerians simply can't conceive of governance as being about anything more than sharing a "national cake" that is based on oil-rents nobody actually worked for; the average Nigerian is simply too young (and to poorly educated) to have known any other form of government than the glorified "you chop I chop" governance of the last 47 years.

As in eh? That's why I feel that in other to change Nigeria you need outsiders (preferably not living in nigeria) to make wholesale changes. The people in the system can't see anything different from what they practice. All they know is the system they have lived in all their lives.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidodiba(m): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2017
davidif:

Downsize further? I am sure you are gainfully employed. So you do not even have a little feeling for the suffering graduate and masses.
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
davidif:

As in eh? That's why I feel that in other to change Nigeria you need outsiders (preferably not living in nigeria) to make wholesale changes. The people in the system can't see anything different from what they practice. All they know is the system they have lived in all their lives.
how and who will we change it
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
davidif:

Someone give this man a 21 gun salute. How can you tell someone to chose between dying by gun or drowning?
who knows, bullet may be wet or life raft may be underwater. better to vote and scare the next politician into doing the right thing than leaving it to chance.there's always a better choice. time for informed voters to make such choices.
yes apc terrible but now every party knows not to depend on federal might or incumbency .it's slow but we're getting there
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
mikolo80:
how and who will we change it

Believe me there are a lot of smart Nigerians in nigeria and all over the world who can change the course of this country if given the chance.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
mikolo80:
who knows, bullet may be wet or life raft may be underwater. better to vote and scare the next politician into doing the right thing than leaving it to chance.there's always a better choice. time for informed voters to make such choices.
yes apc terrible but now every party knows not to depend on federal might or incumbency .it's slow but we're getting there

First of all, about your analogy of bullets being wet and rafts being underwater are just horrendous analogies. Try again. Neither makes much sense.

Secondly, what I was trying to get at is that you can't keep voting in the same people over and over again and expecting different results, that's like the definition of insanity. You can't solve a problem with the same type of thinking that caused it in the first place. You need a clean break from the past.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 12:48am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

First of all, about your analogy of bullets being wet and rafts being underwater are just horrendous analogies. Try again. Neither makes much sense.

Secondly, what I was trying to get at is that you can't keep voting in the same people over and over again and expecting different results, that's like the definition of insanity. You can't solve a problem with the same type of thinking that caused it in the first place. You need a clean break from the past.
bullet may not fire or you could survive walking the plank.
we aren't voting for the same ppl. apc different set of thieves from PDP. at least they spent 1%of their loot on infrastructure, hopefully will force PDP to spend 2% and so on till competition brings them to 100%
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 12:48am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

Believe me there are a lot of smart Nigerians in nigeria and all over the world who can change the course of this country if given the chance.
nobody is given a chance. you take it
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by ModsWillKillNL: 12:53am On Jul 29, 2017
Obodo999:
Osinbajo is still not seating sitting on a Presidential Chair.

From Osinbajo cant swear in new ministers to what are their portfolios, looonatic flatiyeasterners are still grasping unto straws at this time of the day. grin
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 1:31am On Jul 29, 2017
mikolo80:
nobody is given a chance. you take it

But how do you take a chance when it's not there in the first place?
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 1:32am On Jul 29, 2017
mikolo80:
bullet may not fire or you could survive walking the plank.
we aren't voting for the same ppl. apc different set of thieves from PDP. at least they spent 1%of their loot on infrastructure, hopefully will force PDP to spend 2% and so on till competition brings them to 100%

My goodness!! You have such low standards. You are like that girl that stays with the abuser because he doesn't "hit me everyday".

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:53am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

My goodness!! You have such low standards. You are like that girl that stays with the abuser because he doesn't "hit me everyday".
do you have a better idea. kunta lost his foot, Kizzie lost her husband, but her son bought everyone's freedom. from hitting everyday to slitting his throat while he sleeps. you bide your time when going up against a much stronger opponent. waiting for the opportune moment
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:55am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

But how do you take a chance when it's not there in the first place?
o it's there. once you attend political party meetings, it's like taking candy from a baby.
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:59am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

also do you have a better idea for now. that's workable, not 'they should' or 'we should '.actual workable plans.
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 3:22am On Jul 29, 2017
mikolo80:
o it's there. once you attend political party meetings, it's like taking candy from a baby.

So you mean I can declare my intentions to run for the presidency or at least a house of rep member and the party will back me?
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 3:23am On Jul 29, 2017
mikolo80:
do you have a better idea. kunta lost his foot, Kizzie lost her husband, but her son bought everyone's freedom. from hitting everyday to slitting his throat while he sleeps. you bide your time when going up against a much stronger opponent. waiting for the opportune moment

Yes I have a much better Idea which INEC is implementing which allows anyone who can gather enough signatures to run for office instead of going through a political party. That's much better than what we have at the moment

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 3:25am On Jul 29, 2017
mikolo80:

I have no idea what you are talking about but my response is the current system only works for entrenched interest and not the common man.
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 10:31am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

I have no idea what you are talking about but my response is the current system only works for entrenched interest and not the common man.
I was talking about roots the movie or series. brains over brawn. if a candidate is truly as smart as he thinks he will find a way to outwit his financially wasteful opponent
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 10:33am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

Yes I have a much better Idea which INEC is implementing which allows anyone who can gather enough signatures to run for office instead of going through a political party. That's much better than what we have at the moment
I meant candidates and you know it. if you can gather signatures you can win primaries. it's still the same mechanics. more popularity more votes
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 10:35am On Jul 29, 2017
davidif:

So you mean I can declare my intentions to run for the presidency or at least a house of rep member and the party will back me?
if you're popular enough to raise the needed funding, yes. I know how many ppl donated to buhari campaign with recharge cards. not to talk of branded merchandise.a nobody cannot win. you have to have name recognition otherwise you must be represented by the already recognised names. stand on giant shoulders or build from the ground up. the question is, what have you built. are you a pastor, a Soyinka, a gani, an Abiola, a dangote or just a grammar speaker. our ppl are ignorant so you need to come down to their level (sharing, whether rice or free medical educational or legal services) Tis as good as sharing rice if not better. start small(house of Assembly grow big).not a days job or become a billionaire, philanthroph and muscle your way in fayose (first term) style. your choice. but hanging back is just... nah
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 4:13am On Jul 30, 2017
mikolo80:
I meant candidates and you know it. if you can gather signatures you can win primaries. it's still the same mechanics. more popularity more votes

Sure you can. That means that according to you I am going to run for governor next elections and win a free and fair election.
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 4:17am On Jul 30, 2017
mikolo80:
if you're popular enough to raise the needed funding, yes. I know how many ppl donated to buhari campaign with recharge cards. not to talk of branded merchandise.a nobody cannot win. you have to have name recognition otherwise you must be represented by the already recognised names. stand on giant shoulders or build from the ground up. the question is, what have you built. are you a pastor, a Soyinka, a gani, an Abiola, a dangote or just a grammar speaker. our ppl are ignorant so you need to come down to their level (sharing, whether rice or free medical educational or legal services) Tis as good as sharing rice if not better. start small(house of Assembly grow big).not a days job or become a billionaire, philanthroph and muscle your way in fayose (first term) style. your choice. but hanging back is just... nah

Oh so you are saying I can run for governor of my state and beat him without having to go through political godfathers or bribing INEC officials?
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 4:19am On Jul 30, 2017
mikolo80:
I was talking about roots the movie or series. brains over brawn. if a candidate is truly as smart as he thinks he will find a way to outwit his financially wasteful opponent

Sure he can that's why Andy uba who is widely hated can win a Senate position in his state abi?
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by davidif: 4:37am On Jul 30, 2017
davidodiba:

Downsize further? I am sure you are gainfully employed. So you do not even have a little feeling for the suffering graduate and masses.

I am not trying to be cruel bro I am just saying that Nigeria is spending between 40% - 60% of its GNP paying politicians and govt workers and that the money will be better off well spent elsewhere.
To show you how ridiculous it is, the country is even borrowing to pay salaries. Doesn't that show that the bureacracy is overstaffed already? One must cut his cloth according to size. In the private sector when economic conditions start getting tight they start downsizing. On the other hand in the public sector in nigeria, they continue to hire more ministers, assistants and aide de camps.
If you think I am lying, my friend visited a federal ministry some years back and said that he saw workers trooping in to work around 11am. Staying briefly at work and leaving for the day while some just slept their entire shift. Talk about lack of productivity and inefficiency. Abeg, the Nigerian people deserve better.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 9:42am On Jul 30, 2017
davidif:

Sure he can that's why Andy uba who is widely hated can win a Senate position in his state abi?
they hate apc more,
he shared more rice or money
ergo he's more 'popular'
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2017
davidif:

Oh so you are saying I can run for governor of my state and beat him without having to go through political godfathers or bribing INEC officials?
yes
not easy
will take maybe 8 to 12 years but yes it's possible. ask buhari, he got 12 million votes without sharing anything with his cpc
the question is, can you hold out for 12 yrs
Re: Osinbajo Swears-in Stephen Ocheni & Suleiman Hassan As Ministers (Photos) by mikolo80: 9:49am On Jul 30, 2017
davidif:

Sure you can. That means that according to you I am going to run for governor next elections and win a free and fair election.
can you convince your voters you're the better option by next elections. I can't but who knows maybe you can. fayose did it in his first term. stop selling yourself short. but either participate or stay in your lane. I have decided to participate to the best of my very very low abilities.
but I'd rather try and fail than fold my arms and do nothing. that's all evil men need to thrive. nothing. I intend to at least make them work for it. no more free reign.I intend to make them return all their loot or choose political irrelevancy (pride will not allow them)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Motion To Release Nnamdi Kanu / Supporters Mob Lagos APC Candidate Sanwo-olu While Shopping In A SPAR In Lagos(p / Court Orders EFCC, DSS To Arrest Diezani Within 72 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.