Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,731 members, 7,820,532 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election (74195 Views)

N500b COVID-19 Fund: Senate Bars Journalists From Nat. Assembly(Photos) / Ben Bruce Shares A Quote Of Goodluck Jonathan From 3-years Ago!!! / Jonathan, From Beginning, Was Too Small For The Presidency – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Mcreloaded(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2017
They still afraid a of him, they see him they run what a man to reckon with
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by baralatie(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
Mcreloaded:
They still afraid a of him, they see him they run what a man to reckon with
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by lonelydora: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2017
positivelord:
Buhahahaha...I wanted to suggest we try younger generation, but the news coming from UNIABUJA concerning their SUG President is not encouraging..

I'm telling you. Even Dino Melaye and Yahya Bello
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Bimpe29: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Well done, let it be extended to the Deputies Governor...
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by tafabaloo(m): 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
This is a good development, they should ban all former governors, vice presidents, senate presidents, speakers and former ministers who have participated in ruining this our dear country.

Sorry the Senate lacks such power. They are just overreaching themselves. If anyone is ever to be disqualified , the burden of such authority lies with the judiciary.
So, let someone reminds the foolish elders that ,they are jobless and going beyond their briefs.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Primenet(m): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2017
H
U
M
M
M
!
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
So bsically, this is a law targetting only one person. I seriously suggest that Jonathan and his familly seek refugee status in europe or america because the way the nigerian government is going out of its way to target him is drawing my concerns:
1) they said they wanted to investigate corruption and the only administration they agreed to investigate was that of Jonathan.
2) and now they are making an entire law targetted at the same Jonathan.

This is the biggest joke of a country

1 Like

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Opharhe: 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
feelgoodInc:

I understand you, it's written there vice president but they don't see that, all they think of is Jonathan rather than crying for OSIBANJO now I know that some people are blind
And the drama continues grin grin grin
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Franchise21(m): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2017
Which means Atiku can only contest for one term of 4yrs grin
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by carlywandy(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
Arabiandude:

Shut-up
lolz
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by carlywandy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
positivelord:
Buhahahaha...I wanted to suggest we try younger generation, but the news coming from UNIABUJA concerning their SUG President is not encouraging..
I'm telling you.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by hibee4uall(m): 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
But I've not heard about any amendment that affect NASS ooo

PLS CHECK MY SIGNATURE. THANKS FOR DOING SO
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by mechanics(m): 9:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
what does he want again, abi there are no trust worthy individuals to contest again.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
dre11:

The Nigerian Senate, on Wednesday, barred a former president, Goodluck Jonathan from running for a second term in office. This was done during voting in series of new bills being passed by the upper legislative chamber.

The Bill sought that any vice president who had completed a tenure of a sitting president and contested a fresh four years mandate shall not be eligible to run for a second term of office.
Details later…

http://sunnewsonline.com/breaking-senate-bars-jonathan-from-2019-poll/

They are afraid.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
Libo45:
Goodluck tell dem say he wan contest b4? House dey burn, u dey cut grass. Mtcheww

Na fear.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by foxvilles: 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
Jengem:

Uncouth afonja

No vex u hear

Just improve your knowledge instead of moving like a dimwitted table

Only if you understand what he meant.....you'll know that he's. I know you'll still try to probe you're right. Just re-read his comment and comprehend.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Jesusloveyou: 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2017
pauljumbo:
Can the Senate change the constitution alone

We have more serious issues yo address like how long a president should stay out side the country before they impeach him
that is not even an issues to discuss .
We have more serious issues at hand like how to change your mentality
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by valinno(m): 12:52am On Jul 27, 2017
So Goodluck done become una fear now
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by holyfather(m): 4:35am On Jul 27, 2017
Jonathan will win that election.

1 Like

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by DeepSight(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2017
My people and illiteracy. First, such a step by the Senate is just one step in the long process of constitutional amendment. Second, even if the amendment eventually sticks, it would be debatable if it may apply retroactively.

1 Like

Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by jayjaykwj: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2017
selfish senators with selfish suggestion.
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
GavelSlam:

Your case is certainly from the Bible - The case of the dead baby brought before king Solomon.

You see, this issue supercedes the character you guys love to hate. Funny enough, Buhari himself might regard a reelection in 2019 as over ambitious on account of his health.

I would not be surprised if the same you start chanting Saraki for president in days to come.

Una never know wetin dey bite you.
leave politics to the matured mind, ours re very corrupt and stinky
Re: Senate Bars Goodluck Jonathan From Contesting In 2019 Election by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 04, 2017
GavelSlam:

Your case is certainly from the Bible - The case of the dead baby brought before king Solomon.

You see, this issue supercedes the character you guys love to hate. Funny enough, Buhari himself might regard a reelection in 2019 as over ambitious on account of his health.

I would not be surprised if the same you start chanting Saraki for president in days to come.

Una never know wetin dey bite you.
Go and sit down joor
Mr. bubu no go run 2nd tenure, he don bleeped up big times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Arrives Late To World Igbo Congress. See What He Did Next / Border Closure: Rotten Tomatoes Line Roads In Benin Republic (Photos) / Babangida And Aikhomu Decorating Abacha With His New Rank (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.