Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Is There Love In This World? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Love In This World? (858 Views)

I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / I'm Struggling With Love In My Marriage / "I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Love In This World? by Ehih(f): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
Dear Nairalanders, is dear still love in this World? Like everything i see botg online and in reality are just like people playing out tgeir scripts... is there love in this world really?

1 Like

Re: Is There Love In This World? by twosquare(m): 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ehih:
Dear Nairalanders, is dear still love in this World? Like everything i see botg online and in reality are just like people playing out tgeir scripts... is there love in this world really?
There is, but rare, for dear timothy, know this, that in latter times, perilous times shall come, for men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud,

1 Like

Re: Is There Love In This World? by lilmax(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2017
dear is no love
Re: Is There Love In This World? by Richy4(m): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2017
I would have said there is but..I guess I will be lying to myself...love is not much as it should be..love could be shown only on 'nuclear' basis..it doesn't get 'extended'..

I recently read about 5 teenagers in US that watched someone gave up the ghost while struggling inside a river. infact they where laughing and taunting him while filming it on their phones..It never for once occurred to any of them to get help...even though their 911 works better than any African emergency number put together.

If i were to be one of the parent of those teens, that would have occurred to me that i have failed as a parent..
Re: Is There Love In This World? by OrdercityWeb: 5:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
I have always said it. Love does not exist, it is subjective and influenced by variables. Nigerian girls are physical proof that there is nothing like love. Its about the highest bidder.
Do something worth while with your life. Stop looking for love, make money, look good for yourself and you'd see what you're looking for would find you if it exists at all anyway undecided
Re: Is There Love In This World? by DaniDani(m): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2017
Me too I have asked myself this question on countless numbers of time. Sometimes I believed there's love and in another I believe there's no love. Truth be told, love is based on self interest. Selfish interests is the rudiment of love. Watch and study anyone in an attempt to display love, chances are that there's implicit or explicit selfish gain behind the motive. Parental love is aimed at selfish interest of prestige, self actualization, and the gain to drive at old age. Spousal love is rooted in attaining societal status and dispelling of loneliness, keeping constant company that will help each other to achieve dreams. Even in the Christian faith, many times, love seems to be selfish and personal aggrandisement. You show love in expectation of rewards; maybe heavenly or earthly, all still trickle down to personal gain. I only believe in genuine love without any atom of selfish interests. Such love most be shown without expecting any heavenly or earthly reward. Such love is the most rarest thing on earth.
Re: Is There Love In This World? by ronald4lif(m): 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2017
Love is interest. You go where your interest are met and assume you're in-love until those interest are no longer met or they become irrelevant. Then you move on with someone who can meets your upgradable set of interest and the cycle continues

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Love In This World? by Subconscious(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
Well, it depends on what we call LOVE ....

Love is sacrifice , letting go of your own inner needs for others . I think that true love died when Mahatma Gandhi passed away .
Re: Is There Love In This World? by YourCoffin: 3:51am On Aug 07, 2017
Sure. The one you have for yourself is called love
Re: Is There Love In This World? by remsonik(f): 4:39am On Aug 07, 2017
Selfish love is what we have this days. People love for personal gains. People want the easy love kinda ready to back out when storm arises.

(1) (Reply)

What Advice Will You Give To A Young Boy, Who Is About To Turn 19. / Sex: Consequences That Follows When The HYMEN Of A Lady Is Broken / Nigerian Parents In US Starve Son To Death During 40 Days Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.