Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Npower Volunteers Reacts Over VP Speech - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Npower Volunteers Reacts Over VP Speech (562 Views)

N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / N-Power Disengagement Of 200,000 Volunteers / N-Power Distributes Gadgets To N-Tech Volunteers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Npower Volunteers Reacts Over VP Speech by Knight0777(m): 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
http://www.pressdetails.com.ng/npower-volunteers-reacts-over-vp-speech/The volunteer of Npower social scheme has begin to appeal to the management and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo over his speech made made on 15th of July with regards to the backlog of salary owed to the Npower volunteers.

It will be recalled that the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo made a it known during his visit to the Npower Response Center at the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) that the Npower initiate owe no beneficiary of the programme as all the backlog of salaries has been paid.

"There is no such thing as backlog. If BVN is certified and everything is checked, then you are paid...if there is a problem with any of your record or the BVN you gave does not match, you can not be paid. The moment your record is cleared, you will get your pay."

The volunteers of the programe who have been working tirelessly and have not receive a penny as a compensation for their hard work beg the vice president and the management of the Npower to please review the speech and make sure the backlog of salaries for the actively engaged unpaid volunteer are promptly paid.

One of the Npower volunteer who speak to Our correspondent in Osogbo, Miss Aderonke Adejumo, express her disappointment over the speech of made by the Vice President.

"I'm was posted to a very far school, yet i do go there everyday and work tirelessly. The only thing that baffles me is why might salary has not been paid even until now. Not even a month salary! Now the you can imagine my disappointment when i read the speech credited to the president that there is no backlog to be paid any longer. Somebody like myself have done everything to rectify my details with Bank and i have reach out to Npower officials through their portal to correct the same. Its unfortunate that nothing has been done." She lamented.

"I was hopeful before when the backlogs are been paid but i became skeptical when the payment abruptly stopped since May ". She said.

Most of the volunteers who pleaded anonymity while speaking to our correspondence said they believed the people handling the scheme are not just being sincere.

Re: Npower Volunteers Reacts Over VP Speech by Tripletimmy(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2017
shocked angry cheesy shocked

Make I manage this FCT
Re: Npower Volunteers Reacts Over VP Speech by Knight0777(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2017
How person suppose react here sef?

(1) (Reply)

Why Grit Is More Important Than IQ When You're Trying To Become Successful / Make Money Through The Internet In Nigeria: The Things You Need To Know / Help A Nairalander Go For Post Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.