Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University (29346 Views)

7 Things You Should Never Discuss In The Office / Most Painful Life Experience (things I Wished I Have Never Done) / How To Become Financially Independent Before Graduating From School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by emmahoney(m): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2017
7 things I wished anyone would have told me as before graduating college:

1- University is for self exploration use your time and internships wisely to determine your goal so by the time you graduate you won't loose time figuring things out.

2- Have a definite GOAL.

3- If you have a talent / hobby that can be utilised don't waste your time working for a corporate! Pursue your own thing.

4- Don't let anyone tell you "you can't"

5- Invest in yourself and don't get drained in your day to day job: self study, post grad study, courses, sports, reading, seminars, travelling, linguistics ...etc

6- Never EVER depend on one source of income, ALWAYS have a side gig!

7- if you decided to work in a corporate you have to understand that your promotions arebased on 40% your hard work and 60% politics so you wont be frustrated.

Source :
https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/reshare?id=activity%3A6295956073895591937

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by davide470(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
...That if you are studying Banking & Finance, you should switch to another course.

... Your Corporate life starts the moment you write your first exam

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Hexzyz(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
Good points.
My parents and elders always believe that education is the way out. They never wanted us to involve in anything that will distract us from that pursuit.
Though before now when population have not surged and competition isn't as tough as now, an educated person earns a decent living, so our parents are still having that idea not knowing that the world is growing fast and education is important but will not be sustainable in a competitive world today , learning a skill is important coupled with education, which will make it flexible for the individual.
I have learned, and will guide my kids and any younger one to learn a skill even though he/she will pursue their education.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by wassade: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
You just they know abi

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by femi4: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
8. That you are a graduate doesn't stop you from learning special skills

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by nely4me(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
Just like that
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by dicksonadams(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
True
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Samexdx(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
[s][/s]
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by swiz123(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
Since you weren't told,how bad Is your life now.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by teamf: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
One day , My comment will come on top. I will show it to My Biology teacher Mrs Adebayo , who said that I can't achieve anything in my life!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by AreaFada2: 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
Solid points.

Number 7 is so true that it would take a total dummy not to see it in workplace.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by illicit(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
How I wish we had met, I could have told you

6 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Vilshow(m): 7:24am On Jul 27, 2017
Noted

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
OK.

Now you know

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by francoray(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
NYSC IS SCAM

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by MAINMAN001: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
FTC.....
:oFTC.....
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by MAINMAN001: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
FTC.....
:oFTC.....
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Moshkom(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Thou, i'm still in school but my Popular saying still goes like this "...Afterall, No Be By School"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by GentleYoung(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
My wishes to
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by opestein: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Samexdx:
[s][/s]
you see your life?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by chidiebere2020(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
Kul
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by Iloveafrica: 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
I want to sell these domain names at an affordable price...

phonereviews.com.ng
Latest.com.ng
importation.com.ng
devotionals.com.ng
programming.com.ng
cutoffmark.com.ng
Eternity.com.ng
if you're interested in any of these domains, kindly call/whatsapp 07064272729
Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by shams040(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2017
ok
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by opestein: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2017
swiz123:
you see your life?
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by opestein: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2017
Iloveafrica:
you see your life?
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by FamousAbN: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2017
OK, noted shocked
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by opestein: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2017
teamf:
B
you see your life?
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by martineverest(m): 7:27am On Jul 27, 2017
If u had been told, u wud not have believed afterall

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by eunisam: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2017
You said nothing but the undiluted truth.

It's also good to have a course adviser who will play a roll in keeping u focused
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by rottenPussy: 7:27am On Jul 27, 2017
Making millions without a degree makes me realize life is way beyond academics. The real education is not taught in school.

The key is grabbing everything opportunity you see to learn something that can stand the test of time and have your academics as backup.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by itiswellandwell: 7:28am On Jul 27, 2017
Learn how to brainstorm overwhelming ideas.

Check my signature for your quality customised Atm card flash drive.
Re: 7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University by AreaFada2: 7:28am On Jul 27, 2017
davide470:

So David your contribution is......

Are you doing loading your reply? grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Married Female Staff Of Globacom Refute Claims Of Being Sacked / 10 Jobs That Make Nigerian Employees Wear Tattered Outfits / What Can One Do With N42k Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.