Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (833544 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Funmie17: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
Good evening everyone,please i intend to take my phd in either canada or us,which tuition fee is affordable .thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by cuspy(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2017
marcuskens:
Hi Cupsy
If you are already employed within the original 1year PGWP, then you can extend it to the 3yrs cap before it expires. You can't just convert your work permit to PR. The PR process is administered through the express entry depending on the route you choose to pursue your PR.

OK. Thanks for the insight.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 01, 2017
Please house, who have use firstbank to pay his or her tuition fees before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2017
Funmie17:
Good evening everyone,please i intend to take my phd in either canada or us,which tuition fee is affordable .thank you

Hello boss,

Can you be more specific so people will know how to respond and advice you.

PhD in what exactly? Which schools are you looking at? Etc

Providing more info like this will help people help you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2017
OriEyeLe:
Please house, who have use firstbank to pay his or her tuition fees before?

I have used First Bank via Dorm account not form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2017
I have the firstbank dorm account but the school is not taking payments with cards, how can I send the money to them via the dorm account please. Thanks

vanod:

I have used First Bank via Dorm account not form A

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2017
GiggsTk:

Just a few questions, thanks.
Your school is UBC?
Were you able to get funding?
What course?
Thanks again.
No funding yet.
MASc CVE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2017
First is just pray and wait.
If your app has been over 17weeks then send a mail to them notifying the cic about your resumption date in school.
bimbodelebite:
We that have not receive decision on our student visa what do we do now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
OriEyeLe:
I have the firstbank dorm account but the school is not taking payments with cards, how can I send the money to them via the dorm account please. Thanks

Go to your branch they will give you wire transfer form input all the required details and give them.

They may ask you to write the amount in a cheque, the amount will be debited from your dorm account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mabs16:

Boss, I hold ND and HND in insurance and I've had one year industrial attachment in an insurance broking firm. I applied for BBA General Management at Mount Royal University, Canada, paid part tuition fee. But embassy rejected my 2nd study permit app on d ground of purpose of visit. The officer also stated that " My proposed program is not reasonable in light of one or more of my previous educational qualifications, previous employment or future plan" My future plan is to come back to Nigeria, gain practical experience in Insurance broking n underwriting and in the long run establish my own broking firm.

Pls, what's ur suggestion on d best way to respond to these concern raised in my 3rd app?

Meanwhile, I just got an Underwriting job with an insurance company, can this be a plus to my next app against fall, 2018.

Cc: Austinpee, mcobex, n other gurus in the house. Pls your input will be appreciated.

If your selected course duration is over 2 years and you are sure it is in line with your practical experience then I'd say you need to look into your SOP.
Another thing is to be sure you have a strong home-tie. It is just words telling them you'll come back. I understand. But let there be proof to that too, so you'd be seen as crystal clear as your app.
I hope you got insight from this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CPA01: 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
@ kowalskiq, thanks so much for the wonderful gift. I can see the reason why you are always favoured. Givers never lack. See you in canny bro.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
Good, thanks so much I really appreciate this.

vanod:

Go to your branch they will give you wire transfer form input all the required details and give them.

They may ask you to write the amount in a cheque, the amount will be debited from your dorm account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Louis329: 8:31pm On Sep 01, 2017
Hello guys am new to this thread , I applied through an agent for my Canadian study permit couple of months ago through an agent and in was told yesterday by my agent that the embassy requested a new bank statement and to redo my bio metrics pls help I sense something Amis but he refused to disclose to me what the problem might be
Has this happened to anyone on here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 8:36pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:
Hello guys am new to this thread , I applied through an agent for my Canadian study permit couple of months ago through an agent and in was told yesterday by my agent that the embassy requested a new bank statement and to redo my bio metrics pls help I sense something Amis but he refused to disclose to me what the problem might be

Did he ask you for a new application fee... Something seems fishy but the gurus would answer sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Louis329: 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2017
No he did not I already paid him 1500 pounds for his services
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by DeCrystal1: 8:40pm On Sep 01, 2017
squash1986:
Hello house, I greet everybody. Please I sent a mail to CIC last week Wednesday requesting for an on my application. They replied me on Tuesday, stating that:

" My application is in queue for their officer's review of your response to our procedural fairness letter. We will contact you if further information is required".

I am happy that my mail was responded to, and out of impulse, I was almost sending them another mail yesterday, you know, urging them politely that they should hasten up with the review of my application because will be resuming on the 5th and I have been given till on the 8th of Sept to resume classes. Then I thought about it the second time, and decided to give them some time before sending any mail again.

This is my question, please does anybody have any clue how long it may take CIC to review the procedural fairness letter I wrote to them?

Secondly is it possible that they have already concluded the background check and want to start reviewing the fairness letter?

Thank you all.

Pls share the details of the mail you sent like the title and sample of the content of the mail. When did you apply and which route? They didn't reply me when I sent them mail. I applied on May 4,online route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 8:42pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:

What role did you play in the application. example who provided the first Bank statement you or the agent, did you not submit bio metrics in the first app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Louis329: 9:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
I
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Louis329: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
I provided the first bank statement and there was reasonable sum in there enough to see me through my whole course and I did the first biometrics in Lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by vanod: 9:14pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:
I provided the first bank statement and there was reasonable sum in there enough to see me through my whole course and I did the first biometrics in Lagos

I doubt if anything is wrong, cheer up and do as they have said.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Holyfield1(m): 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
afehin71:
Is there any case of approval of TRV after 2 delays
Sure, someone got it after the 5th attempt... I've been delayed twice too... Waiting for response on my third application...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GiggsTk(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2017
Rocorleone:

No funding yet.
MASc CVE
Alright, thanks.
You had to get a supervisor first before admission?
Secondly I saw something like one having to show proof of adequate resource/finance for studies as part of admission requirement, please how true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SamReinvented: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:

It is very very unlikely for Cic to ask you to do biometrics again for the same application. I doubt this has ever happened before to anyone. Best bet is; your application has been refused and your agent is reapplying without telling you.

If you know what's good for you, collect your info from your agent and check things out for yourself, before he ruins everything for you. Just pray there's no misrepresentation issue or other complications with the refusal.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 01, 2017
squash1986:
Hello house, I greet everybody. Please I sent a mail to CIC last week Wednesday requesting for an on my application. They replied me on Tuesday, stating that:

" My application is in queue for their officer's review of your response to our procedural fairness letter. We will contact you if further information is required".

I am happy that my mail was responded to, and out of impulse, I was almost sending them another mail yesterday, you know, urging them politely that they should hasten up with the review of my application because will be resuming on the 5th and I have been given till on the 8th of Sept to resume classes. Then I thought about it the second time, and decided to give them some time before sending any mail again.

This is my question, please does anybody have any clue how long it may take CIC to review the procedural fairness letter I wrote to them?

Secondly is it possible that they have already concluded the background check and want to start reviewing the fairness letter?

Thank you all.

Seriously i think there's no predictable timeline to how applications are treated. Just keep praying and carry on as if you never applied. Since they have replied your mail, be hopeful. If it's God's will, nothing can stop it ...not even the PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mesh2003(f): 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:

I think your application has been refused and he is trying to reapply for you cos obviously your bank statement is more than 3 months and you would need to do another bio-metrics if you are reapplying. Its better you get your documents from him and a copy of the forms he submitted. You can work on a 2nd application with the help of the people here. Get your documents so you can apply for your gmcs notes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ramsey04: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:
No he did not I already paid him 1500 pounds for his services

Blood of Jesus £1500? to do application?anyway,go and re-do ur biometric since the message is coming from Cic .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Kemdy97: 10:04pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:

Seriously this so called agents are making a fool out of us.... Despite the heavy sum of money paid.... No regular update.. They will not even give u respect as a customer... They will do things at their own time.... And will be cunning with information.. Itz way better to do it urself with d help of gurus on this platform

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mabs16: 10:06pm On Sep 01, 2017
Thanx boss

princeadedayo:

Hi,

Can I advice you try to get a Bachelors of Science in insurance or Bachelors of business adminsitartion and a concentration in Insurance.

I feel the officer sees that BBa General Managmebt is very different from Insurance which is true. So I think that's where the V.O concern is, and as you said u have been in the Insurance line and now u have an underwriting Job. You need to get or look for that Insurance degree or concentration or similar fields like actuarial science which you can link to Insurance

My little advice, hope this helps

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mabs16: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2017
Thanks bro,

Rocorleone:

If your selected course duration is over 2 years and you are sure it is in line with your practical experience then I'd say you need to look into your SOP.
Another thing is to be sure you have a strong home-tie. It is just words telling them you'll come back. I understand. But let there be proof to that too, so you'd be seen as crystal clear as your app.
I hope you got insight from this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by guzenaira: 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2017
Louis329:

Wow!

I believe by now you should know that you will do better applying by yourself than your agent.

Sir/Ma, your application was refused the more reason he wants your statement and Biometrics.

Since you have paid him and he's not requesting for additional payment, then play along but don't doubt him.

But try to make sure you get all the informations he used for you in case you want to continue by yourself later in future to avoid misrepresentation.

Be very careful about it.

Sir/Ma, based on the information given above, I may be wrong. All advice are given as a result of recent happenings and previous incidents on this thread.

Pls let's be guided and not quoted.

All the best.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 10:20pm On Sep 01, 2017
Holyfield1:
Sure, someone got it after the 5th attempt... I've been delayed twice too... Waiting for response on my third application...

Wawu
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mabs16: 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2017
Mabs16:

Boss, I hold ND and HND in insurance and I've had one year industrial attachment in an insurance broking firm. I applied for BBA General Management at Mount Royal University, Canada, paid part tuition fee. But embassy rejected my 2nd study permit app on d ground of purpose of visit. The officer also stated that " My proposed program is not reasonable in light of one or more of my previous educational qualifications, previous employment or future plan" My future plan is to come back to Nigeria, gain practical experience in Insurance broking n underwriting and in the long run establish my own broking firm.

Pls, what's ur suggestion on d best way to respond to these concern raised in my 3rd app?

Meanwhile, I just got an Underwriting job with an insurance company, can this be a plus to my next app against fall, 2018.

Cc: Austinpee, mcobex, n other gurus in the house. Pls your input will be appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.