Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (829064 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 2:35am On Jul 30, 2017
Voltie:
Medicals passed grin
Congrats bro, done deal. May God be praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 5:50am On Jul 30, 2017
prettytolar:

I've been trying to look for a Masters program but all of the schools requires that I have an academic supervisor at their school before I can apply for admission.
My undergraduate course at my school is Plant Science.
You don't have to give up keep looking...most schools I applied to for masters didn't ask for supervisor..maybe coz it was computer science but basically they didn't ask...they just wanted me to apply and that's all . ... really I will advice you get a master's program and save ur self the stress ur CGPA is too good to not go for a master's...and it will be hard to convince the VO that PGD is good enough for you... purpose of visit will be a big issue..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 6:06am On Jul 30, 2017
prettytolar:

I've been trying to look for a Masters program but all of the schools requires that I have an academic supervisor at their school before I can apply for admission.
My undergraduate course at my school is Plant Science.

Hello boss,
I understand your pain.

Have you checked this university "USASK". There is a research group in the computer science department thatvl works on researches related to plant sciences.

I actually contacted the leading principal investigator when I was hunting for supervisors and was given the green light.

Maybe you should contact them. Do a google search for "PLANT PHENOTYPING AND IMAGING RESEARCH CENTRE, Usask" .

I hope this helps.

Warm Regards.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abbeymaniak(m): 6:19am On Jul 30, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,
Well, me I will "abuse" you grin .

1) What do you mean by "jes", "dis" and "deres"?

2)I am confused. Are you interested in a combined master program in Information Technology and business management or are they separate entities?

3)(Now the abuse)Based on your write up above, you might need to write the english test. But you can find out from the school you intend to attend.

4) Get a school first, apply, get accepted, then apply for trv, then attend school and graduate. Then the answer will be clear. But, in my opinion, No one knows for sure except the Almighty. What works for A might not work for B.

Disclaimer: Na joke I dey for 1 and 3 oh, but i sure say you get the drift.

However on a more serious note, I think we should imbibe the culture of typing out every word in full especially since we have people that might not fully understand abbreviations. Keypads are now QWERTY enabled.

Boss no vex, the hot weather dey affect my brain.

Lol, tanks for the response sir

1) sorry for the abbreviations I'll adjust in time, jes = just, Dis= this, deres = there's

2) yes sir, I'm looking for a combined course for my masters program.

3)OK I might need to write TOEFL, but Sir is it possible I get school that doesn't require doing any test

4)boss abeg wat does TRV stand for

Disclaimer: I totally understand u sir cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Yomalicious(f): 6:31am On Jul 30, 2017
Qadi:
Anyone travelled with over thousand of dollars in cash to Canada and how did it go, any hiccups?

You can travel with more than 10k USD. Make sure you declare it at customs desk. You would be fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by princeadedayo: 6:38am On Jul 30, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kennynelcon(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2017
prettytolar:

I also thought of that, but she's a strict type.
Don't think she can accept to do that.
Order with your office address and any close staff as receipent , and receive it.
2, You can order for student's copy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2017
abbeymaniak:

Lol, tanks for the response sir

1) sorry for the abbreviations I'll adjust in time, jes = just, Dis= this, deres = there's

2) yes sir, I'm looking for a combined course for my masters program.

3)OK I might need to write TOEFL, but Sir is it possible I get school that doesn't require doing any test

4)boss abeg wat does TRV stand for

Disclaimer: I totally understand u sir cheesy

Hello boss,

1. Thank you for telling us their meaning.
2.I cannot really say if there is a combined course like that but I would suggest you use google. On the other hand, except you have a documented experience in IT, explaining to the Visa Officer why you are switching from accounting to IT might be an uphill task (I am assuming you will get admitted). Also, do get your HND and ND evaluated by an evaluation body like World Education Service (WES). I am not sure using your HND directly will get you admitted to a masters program but evaluating it might get you admitted (I am no expert in this, so I might be wrong).

3. It is possible. Do the schools you choose an email to know if english tests can be waived for you.

4. TRV means Temporary Residence Visa.

PS: Na boss you be.. I salute your level of maturity boss.

Have a good one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 9:11am On Jul 30, 2017
KelechiNwachukw:
Hey guys I would like to state a current problem me and most of my mates who went to Canada to school 2016 are currently facing. I and my friends got 1 year study permit for post secondary after graduating and get into various universities our study permit and Visas expired so some of came back to Nigeria to renew them and most of us got refused and delayed and are currently missing classes , while others who decided to renew there's in Canada all got approved in less than 2 weeks.
Please do not make the same mistakes that we did, make sure you renew all visas and sturdy permits aboard before you return home for any reason.
Thanks for sharing very soon ur case will be sorted out and u will smile again In Jesus name Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Voltie: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2017
mcobex:
Congrats bro, done deal. May God be praise

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rocorleone: 10:45am On Jul 30, 2017
Please for those that got approved after getting a notification to provide proof of funds and tuition payment.
How did you go about providing these? Please I need concrete details ASAP
Note: I'm not on any scholarships yet.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:51am On Jul 30, 2017
Rocorleone:
Please for those that got approved after getting a notification to provide proof of funds and tuition payment.

Thanks
Try and pay your tuition fee asap and let your schools send you the receipt/proof of payment. As for the living expenses just go back to your bank to give you another letter stating you will be allowed to transport the money when you eventually get your trv. If you can do all these (especially paying your tuition fee you will get your trv). So at this junction you are the one cic is waiting for before stamping your kpali

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 11:53am On Jul 30, 2017
Rocorleone:

Thanks
.....aspa ur tuition payment you can use form A now and it's fast (should get to your within 3 to 5 days ). Contact your bank for full details
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by colestephan86: 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
Hi guys , pls I want to ask must one pay the tuition fees before getting your TVR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MrMarc: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Please for an MEng Program (course based) with duration 12 months. Uwaterloo QueensU Uottawa etc.

Is there anyone with trv for this MEng course based. I would love to know the duration of the TRV.

I would need help to connect with anyone from the forum past or present currently undertaking an MEng programme (Course based).

Please help...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by napoleonsmart: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
What program did you apply for boss?
glam4444:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by napoleonsmart: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
maralina:

Congrats dear
I celebrate with you, Mine is next in Jesus name..
Amen!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
mcobex:
Try and pay your tuition fee asap and let your schools send you the receipt/proof of payment. As for the living expenses just go back to your bank to give you another letter stating you will be allowed to transport the money when you eventually get your trv. If you can do all these (especially paying your tuition fee you will get your trv). So at this junction you are the one cic is waiting for before stamping your kpali
in addition, for ur living expenses u can open a dorm account and have ur living expenses in dollars, ur sponsor can write a letter to this effect as well. In case u don't get d assurance letter from the bank u can raise a draft Gtbank does that, I don't know about other banks . Lastly, u can open a canadian account and wire money from ur dorm account. Be fast and grab ur Trv. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sugaro: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
colestephan86:
Hi guys , pls I want to ask must one pay the tuition fees before getting your TVR
NO , but following the recent trend in forex policy, Cic wants to be sure that the applicant can pay his fees plus living expenses without working in Canada before approval, although this is not the case for everybody. It may be wise to err on the side of caution.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
colestephan86:
yes and no but u need to pay a certain % and make sure u ask the school if it can be refunded..some schools want you to pay acceptance fee...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by glam4444: 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
napoleonsmart:
Undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Silti: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
Emmane:
Hey guys......

This one na serious question o.... on CIC website, processing time changes every week. At 1st, I used to think that the processing time for that week is applicable to those who applied for that week.

E.g. around late May, with the 1st 2 weeks in June, processing time was 13weeks..... And approaching ending June, July, it turned into 16weeks. Now if applied when processing time was 13weeks (say May ending) does it mean that as we are in July now, my application of 13weeks estimated processing time (as at when I applied in May) will turn into 16weeks (July)??

Pls Gurus, help..... Cuz this is confusing. What are your thoughts??

My aunt applied for her visa when it was 13 weeks processing time, but when she tried to ask about her visa since 13 weeks had passed, they sent her a mail that the current processing time is 16 weeks, and as her application is not up to 16 weeks, she has to wait until then before she makes any query.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
napoleonsmart:
Undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maralina: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
colestephan86:

Not a must, but I guess the VO will be convinced you going there to study if you pay before getting your TRV

My thoughts tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
colestephan86:
It's not a must, though some schools will ask you to pay before you can apply for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prettytolar(f): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
maziude:

Hello boss,
I understand your pain.

Have you checked this university "USASK". There is a research group in the computer science department thatvl works on researches related to plant sciences.

I actually contacted the leading principal investigator when I was hunting for supervisors and was given the green light.

Maybe you should contact them. Do a google search for "PLANT PHENOTYPING AND IMAGING RESEARCH CENTRE, Usask" .

I hope this helps.

Warm Regards.

Hello Maziude,

Your response to my query is very appreciated.
I'll check that group right now.
Are you on that group at USASK?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OdeyemiAdekunle(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
mcobex:
Part 13 has arrived, May the God of perfection and favor grant us speedy approval in Jesus name, AMEN

Clarification.... Please is it that you will get a mail to pickup your passport from the vfs office... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prettytolar(f): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
amnotapervert:

You don't have to give up keep looking...most schools I applied to for masters didn't ask for supervisor..maybe coz it was computer science but basically they didn't ask...they just wanted me to apply and that's all . ... really I will advice you get a master's program and save ur self the stress ur CGPA is too good to not go for a master's...and it will be hard to convince the VO that PGD is good enough for you... purpose of visit will be a big issue..

Hey dear,
Thanks for your valuable points.
I'm working on it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by prettytolar(f): 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
Onyeoma3:

For some, it was an easy ride while for others, it took lots of strategizing and restrategizing (going back and forth the drawing board) before securing a supervisor. I belong to the latter. The first time I contacted the supervisor I'm currently working with was in 2013 and eventually got a position in his research group in 2015 (24 months after). I made sure to keep in touch all thru. As a result, he had one impression about me, "Persistence" (which is a key attribute in research).

Frustration is a key component in this process, so I would say you're on track but then, don't give up on your dreams if you truly want to go into research.

Is it worth the stress at then end of the day? Sure!!!

Thanks so much
I'll keep trying them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
prettytolar:
Somebody please help!

My school does not give Transcript by hand but prefers to send directly to foreign school.
And am applying to Centennial College. The College said that I should send the scanned copy of my Transcript and other documents in one PDF file​ to them.

Pls how do I get my Transcript since my school in Nigeria don't give it by hand?

Have the Nigerian school send it officially in the mail to the school in Canada and that will take care of business once and for all. Because even if you submit a pdf copy now, eventually they will want a hard copy in the mail sent directly to them by the school you graduated from. Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Emmane:
Hey guys......

This one na serious question o.... on CIC website, processing time changes every week. At 1st, I used to think that the processing time for that week is applicable to those who applied for that week.

E.g. around late May, with the 1st 2 weeks in June, processing time was 13weeks..... And approaching ending June, July, it turned into 16weeks. Now if applied when processing time was 13weeks (say May ending) does it mean that as we are in July now, my application of 13weeks estimated processing time (as at when I applied in May) will turn into 16weeks (July)??

Pls Gurus, help..... Cuz this is confusing. What are your thoughts??

the average processing time applies to previous applications that were attended to that week. if it says 13 weeks today, it means on average those approved/denied that week applied on average of 13 weeks before. its therefore a more useful to those that applied sometimes ago than to new applicants.
i hope my explanation makes lil sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.