Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,742 members, 7,831,369 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (834137 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
gg4real:
Hello gurus in the house, please my lil sister check her cic account now and discovered her eligibility status has change to " we are reviewing your eligibility" but no medical mail yet. Please what does this mean?
if everything goes well she should be called for medical soonest....wish her all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
seyiT:
What could happen if one is unable to resume school at the appropriate time in canada due to the long processing time of student visa by CIC/IRCC?
For instance, I applied for my TRV here in Nigeria in June and I am supposed to start my MSc program on Sept 5 but am not sure i will get my student visa before september
so much negativity in ur Post 2015 my friend applied for September in July and he got the it a week to resumution of school....far less than processing Time...just keep praying and hoping for the Best..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
seyiT:
What could happen if one is unable to resume school at the appropriate time in canada due to the long processing time of student visa by CIC/IRCC?
For instance, I applied for my TRV here in Nigeria in June and I am supposed to start my MSc program on Sept 5 but am not sure i will get my student visa before september

is there an expiry date on your acceptance letter?
im supposed to resume 1st week in september too buh acceptance letter's expiry date says 24th of september so i guess thats extra time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
ibbravura:

Okay. Its a two way thing.
If you applied online then yhu have to upload the additional document on ur cic account. Means yhu will have to merge them for uploading as a single file.

Hence
If offline and yu didnt link online.
You need not merge. Yhu will just take advantage of attachment property in the mail section.
Add every document u want to revert with. No need to merge.

I hope this help.

IBB

not necessarily,
i applied online, sent the single additional document by mail on Thursday, got their response this afternoon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samjumbo: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
At ayoola.. Who is the right person to contact for deferment at UWO? I know you have gone try this process.. Should it be once supervisor, graduate studies or department? Most things in UWO are decided on it the department I am aware. But confused at who I should contact if it comes to that??
Ayoola03:

Cic will surely get back to you before the resumption date. But in case it's few days to resumption say 4-5days and still no news, request for a Deferment asap coz by then, they will get back to you by requesting for new acceptance letter to proceed with the processing. Hope for the best. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hi samjumbo, try and wait till first week of September before sending a deferral request to your graduate program coordinator but ensure you inform your supervisor when you're so sure that you won't meet up with your initially proposed start date. Once that is done, the program coordinator will be the one to inform the SGPS, then like after 48hrs, you would be able to download a new offer letter on your student center.

I hope this helps.
samjumbo:
At ayoola.. Who is the right person to contact for deferment at UWO? I know you have gone try this process.. Should it be once supervisor, graduate studies or department? Most things in UWO are decided on it the department I am aware. But confused at who I should contact if it comes to that??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gg4real: 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
so when they begin eligibility review, how long does it take for medical to drop... sorry just curious here pls?

amnotapervert:
if everything goes well she should be called for medical soonest....wish her all the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2017
kosb:

Thanks a lot Austinpee4. cheesy cheesy I just called the clinic: IOM Abuja and they asked me send cic an email. But will discuss this your option with them.

Update: I just did and was told they usually do not resend results. I should be fine with just sending CIC a mail
Oh okay! The email containing all necessary details of the upfront medicals would do then. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
2grozz:

Thank you.
Will she go through the same process as a fresh application? Or certain steps would be ignored?
How long do you think this renewal might take?
She will have to go through the same process of applying which is standard for fresh or renewal. Notwithstanding, the reviewing circumstance may differ but i can't tell if it would follow same procedure as in a fresh application same as the processing time. Your friend will just have to apply with the best possible application for a renewal and hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ayoola03(f): 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
samjumbo:

So sorry for the late response, @markab have said it all. Am so certain your trv will be approved in August by his grace, all you need to do is to start gathering momentum to air your approval news soon. Patiently waiting for you guyz grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by samjumbo: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2017
Markab:
Hi samjumbo, try and wait till first week of September before sending a deferral request to your graduate program coordinator but ensure you inform your supervisor when you're so sure that you won't meet up with your initially proposed start date. Once that is done, the program coordinator will be the one to inform the SGPS, then like after 48hrs, you would be able to download a new offer letter on your student center.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Markab. I am on funding. Would deferring my at that time because CIC couldn't meet up affect my funding Am really worried about this markab
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a question,
is it advisable I link my paper application online?
Can I just leave it without linking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
gg4real:
so when they begin eligibility review, how long does it take for medical to drop... sorry just curious here pls?

what does ur background check say.??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gg4real: 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

background check is being process

amnotapervert:
what does ur background check say.??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
It's still July 31. However lemme share from @Ayoola03 experience, she deferred her admission on the 5th May, and got it approved. Just make sure you mail your supervisor by the end of August, if nothing happens but I believe your approval will come pretty sooner than expected. Stay positive my dear.

Cc: @Ayoola03
samjumbo:

Thanks Markab. I am on funding. Would deferring my at that time because CIC couldn't meet up affect my funding Am really worried about this markab

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
Mysine:
Hello everyone,
I have a question,
is it advisable I link my paper application online?
Can I just leave it without linking
you can but It would really be helpful if your do...
It will help you know what's going on and when u get approved quickly
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
gg4real:
background check is being process

everyone's application is different..but mine was showing not applicable for like 2 months till It showed in progress..then 3 weeks later I got a medical mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gg4real: 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
I just pray they call her for medical even her junior brother that did upfront has passed his medical since two weeks ago and they are currently reviewing his eligibility .... we are hoping for the best by the grace of God. Thanks.
amnotapervert:
everyone's application is different..but mine was showing not applicable for like 2 months till It showed in progress..then 3 weeks later I got a medical mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
Markab:
It's still July 31. However lemme share from @Ayoola03 experience, she deferred her admission on the 5th May, and got it approved. Just make sure you mail your supervisor by the end of August, if nothing happens but I believe your approval will come pretty sooner than expected. Stay positive my dear.

Cc: @Ayoola03
Don't i just love this husband and wife formation! grin Una make sense.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2017
gg4real:
I just pray they call her for medical even her junior brother that did upfront has passed his medical since two weeks ago and they are currently reviewing his eligibility .... we are hoping for the best by the grace of God. Thanks.
just pray they call her coz once they call her for medical it's very sure she gets it....
2015 my medical was passed but I didn't still get it...all Na God timing but now most people called for medialcs now get it..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
amnotapervert:
you can but It would really be helpful if your do...
It will help you know what's going on and when u get approved quickly

Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
bbclue:
I see the reasons why visa processing time is 16 weeks. ...I went to vfs today and I couldn't summit due to am number 200 on submission queue....nawa oooo
what time did you get there..??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
Austinpee4, all hail the Undisputed Emperor of this noble thread grin

Austinpee4:

Don't i just love this husband and wife formation! grin Una make sense.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
amnotapervert:
what time did you get there..??

12pm.....yet I have to leave back to my office. ...but tomorrow by 5am I will leave home to be the number 1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amii131(f): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
Cic would have recruited more Visa officers as per many applicants applying for fall term.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
bbclue:

12pm.....yet I have to leave back to my office. ...but tomorrow by 5am I will leave home to be the number 1

I would have been there as early as 6am
12pm in Lagos is late
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amii131(f): 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
amnotapervert:
just pray they call her coz once they call her for medical it's very sure she gets it....
2015 my medical was passed but I didn't still get it...all Na God timing but now most people called for medialcs now get it..

What of those that did upfront and passed it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 8:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
bbclue:

I remember I was at vfs office lekki by 6.00am the day I wanted to apply...even my medicals I came early

Just come early to save the stress.....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
Markab:
Austinpee4, all hail the Undisputed Emperor of this noble thread grin

Ha! @thesoj has this title anyday any time! I'm not even close!my apprentice work never end yet. @thesoj is baba nla, oga nla, egbon nla and naija ambassador(baba, you know how i got to know this grin) Much respect @Markab and ayoola3!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by amnotapervert(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
amii131:

What of those that did upfront and passed it.
I will say what I know in 2015 I applied on the 2nd of November and was called for medical 17 Nov medical passed like a week later but didn't still get it...

But things have changed once you are called it's likely you get it..
I don't know for upfront medicals coz I didn't do upfront

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.