Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827792 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 9:57am On Sep 19, 2017
[quote author=nwugon post=59528027][/quote]

I sent you a pm. I need hint on writing my SOP too.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by McOsheBaba(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2017
CIC login is down!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mandoy(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2017
[quote author=guzenaira post=60600348]

Na wah oo

God dey!!

To others still waiting on decision as well, i pray you will hear good news.
keep hope alive, trust and have faith. God will do it at His own very time with a positive outcome.

Don't give up, keep on trusting the Lord.
The miracle is on the way!!
[/quotThanks brova for ur word of encouragement, though school already resumed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by beeflex01: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2017
Please I need information on the easiest way to fund a Canadian account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gshun: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2017
Hello house, i have a problem at hand and i would appreciate any suggestion. I just received an offer for january and i have a good statement of account that can cover my tuition, i have tried to get a relative as my sponsor to support my application but i dnt think i can get anyone as it stands.

1. pls house are there any other ways one can run this sponsorship thing, must it be a relative ?

2. pls what are the other options availble.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2017
online applicants, kindly comment on your elegibility status and medical status. Also the month you summited. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bimbodelebite: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2017
May 17,2017,eligibility in process,upfront medical .
5454Darese:
online applicants, kindly comment on your elegibility status and medical status. Also the month you summited. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rubbies22: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2017
bronze25:

Send a mail to info@gcmsnow.com stating that your note has exceeded 30-40 days processing time. I sent them a mail & got mine 11hours later.
Thanks
I used gcmsnotes.ca
Not so good so far
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 11:17am On Sep 19, 2017
This is the last week September hopefuls can be allowed to join the Fall class and still be able to catch up on missed classes. So if after this week you still haven't heard from CIC on approval, the logical next step is to reach out to your academic supervisor and in conjunction, seek deferral to the next available starting semester. For some it is January 2018, for others next Spring in April 2018, and yet others, not until September 2018, exactly one year from now. Whatever you decide to do, this lacuna period of waiting should never be wasted. Use it to do good in society and improve yourself, brush up on skills that can be very helpful to you when you start your studies, in fact helpful whatever you do proceeding forward. Good luck!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kennynelcon(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Travelpes: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2017
for system maintenance they said.Should be back before the end of the day
McOsheBaba:
CIC login is down!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gshun: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2017
Hello house, i have a problem at hand and i would appreciate any suggestion. I just received an offer for january and i have a good statement of account that can cover my tuition, i have tried to get a relative as my sponsor to support my application but i dnt think i can get anyone as it stands.

1. pls house are there any other ways one can run this sponsorship thing, must it be a relative ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sunvick(m): 11:30am On Sep 19, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sunvick(m): 11:31am On Sep 19, 2017
Please can anyone share email address of Canadian embassy in Accra?
I wish to send them an email regarding my application please.

SV
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mideyola: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2017
I also have admission for same Uni to start May 2018. Do you know anyone presently studying in RRU?

I would love to make some enquiries about the school.

Jpandjp1:
Good day house,

Please I am new here but I have being following this thread. I would like to confirm something on this Canada journey. Is it true that one might/will not get a post study stay in Canada if the program is not up to 2 years. I have been offered a 18months master program in Royal Road University(RRU) and a 2 years post graduate diploma in Concordia university. I prefer the RRU offer as it relates directly to my first degree and my current profession.

Kindly advise me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nwebele: 11:46am On Sep 19, 2017
Hello all,

I was denied canadian study visa twice this year and it was really disheartening. I got admission fro. Humber College to do a Diploma in Law Clerk. I actually wanted to do a PGD in Global Business Admin but they said i did not meet the requirements (I have an HND/Lower Credit in Secretarial Studies from the Polytechnic) I worked for a year after my Youth Service in 2002 and resigned in 2004 after marriage. My husband talked me into doint business. Finally, I ended up being a full time housewife in 2014 and since then, I have been feeling less relevant and wished I continued in the secular field. Now, I dont know how to go about fitting into the Nigerian working system, not that my cv is so enticing. I decided to tow the studying abroad lane to brush up myself.

I paid full tuition fees and submitted all documents including my husband's registered company where I am a director, copy of C of O, Sponsor Letter from Company, company statement of Account and joint personal accounts of my husband and I to show proof of funds. I filled that i have about 25k canadian dollars for my travel while the company wrote that they will sponsor me in subsewuent semesters .

First denial was for; insufficient financial resources to support my self and whoever accompanies me while sudying in canada and 2) Personal assets and financial status

I defered my admission and applied again. This time I had my own personal account with more than 23k dollars apart from school fees (company still undertaking to pay pocket money per semester), company account with 80k, I added my vehicle particulars and removed c of o. This time the only thing they ticked is Purpose of Visit

I dont know if it's theStatement of Purpose. I added it in my second application as adviced by a staff in VFS office but am not so sure it looks convincing as that was my first time of hearing about such document. Humber College refused to defer. They say I have to apply afresh through ontario colleges. I still have my eye on that canada thing (I hate the thought of failure). I called one travel consultand afterwards and he said i should give up. He said my age (40), my level of study chosen, my financial status all contributed. He said I should not bother reapplying.

Please dear all, do you think it is true? I should have applied for masters? Should I give up the dream as advised? Is there anything I should do to change my situation? Why did they write that i am free to rrapply if I can respond to these concerns and demonstrate that my situation meets the requirement? Please help a worried sister

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 11:58am On Sep 19, 2017
Application submitted 19/04/17, eligibility review commenced on 17/09/17. No upfront medical
5454Darese:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rubbies22: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
pvc4real:

I believe the website people here are using is gcmsnow.com and not gcmsnotes. Back read a little and u will find their testimonies. I can't tell if anyone here has used that gcmsnote.ca. how did you hear it pls?
From some lady on this platform called Ige Oluwatobiloba
Now, no one can help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Rubbies22: 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Adesire1:

A guy on this forum named tobi ige helped me order from the site too...its over a month now and i have not heard anything from them as well. ...what should we do ? Cos its slowing down the application process...
When did you request for your

Mine was August 4
Today is sept 19 still nothing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tsartumboy(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
oougraduatefarm:

I am also going to MUN this fall, can we connect?

Hey bro...I started applied against d winter admission in January but my referee has yet to receive my d link to fill my reference letter for more dan 3weeks now and i contacted the faculty, they told me that i should b the one to send it to my referee.
Please can you shed light on how i can go about this issue.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nwebele:
Hello all,

I was denied canadian study visa twice this year and it was really disheartening. I got admission fro. Humber College to do a Diploma in Law Clerk. I actually wanted to do a PGD in Global Business Admin but they said i did not meet the requirements (I have an HND/Lower Credit in Secretarial Studies from the Polytechnic) I worked for a year after my Youth Service in 2002 and resigned in 2004 after marriage. My husband talked me into doint business. Finally, I ended up being a full time housewife in 2014 and since then, I have been feeling less relevant and wished I continued in the secular field. Now, I dont know how to go about fitting into the Nigerian working system, not that my cv is so enticing. I decided to tow the studying abroad lane to brush up myself.

I paid full tuition fees and submitted all documents including my husband's registered company where I am a director, copy of C of O, Sponsor Letter from Company, company statement of Account and joint personal accounts of my husband and I to show proof of funds. I filled that i have about 25k canadian dollars for my travel while the company wrote that they will sponsor me in subsewuent semesters .

First denial was for; insufficient financial resources to support my self and whoever accompanies me while sudying in canada and 2) Personal assets and financial status

I defered my admission and applied again. This time I had my own personal account with more than 23k dollars apart from school fees (company still undertaking to pay pocket money per semester), company account with 80k, I added my vehicle particulars and removed c of o. This time the only thing they ticked is Purpose of Visit

I dont know if it's theStatement of Purpose. I added it in my second application as adviced by a staff in VFS office but am not so sure it looks convincing as that was my first time of hearing about such document. Humber College refused to defer. They say I have to apply afresh through ontario colleges. I still have my eye on that canada thing (I hate the thought of failure). I called one travel consultand afterwards and he said i should give up. He said my age (40), my level of study chosen, my financial status all contributed. He said I should not bother reapplying.

Please dear all, do you think it is true? I should have applied for masters? Should I give up the dream as advised? Is there anything I should do to change my situation? Why did they write that i am free to rrapply if I can respond to these concerns and demonstrate that my situation meets the requirement? Please help a worried sister
Hello
Sorry for the delay.
I would advice you to look into Canada express entry thread. Never get up on your Canada dreams.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
Gshun:

Hello boss,
1. No other way, in fact the cic website states you must have your tuition fee + 10,000CAD upkeep money. Anybody can sponsor you but they must show commitment by giving you the money.

2. See 1) above.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by petlaz: 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
sunvick:
Please can anyone share email address of Canadian embassy in Accra?
I wish to send them an email regarding my application please.

SV
Hello
The email address accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nwebele:
Hello all,

Give up maybe after your fourth of fifth try. For to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result is the very definition of insanity. Just kidding. Nobody can tell you when to give up, only you can decide for yourself.

That said, your situation is not beyond redemption. Age is never a factor as it is never too late for a person to improve oneself or keep learning. I will advice you apply for a masters degree and after you get in, support your application with a very powerful statement of explanation. Talk about what motherhood has meant to you and what was instrumental in forming your decision to return back to school. Perhaps an adversity or divorce opened your eyes? Don't be afraid to talk about it, VOs are psychologist and want to discover a truthful human. Talk about your dreams and aspirations for Nigeria of bringing what you learn in Canada in global or international business to improve the condition of women and children in Nigeria by giving back. That is how you defeat "Purpose of Visit." We got a winner!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nwebele:

Hello ma'am.

Sorry about the outcome of the 2 applications.

You know, there are some factors that certainly would be considered when an officer reviews each application.

1.Why did this applicant choose this program?

2. What does she stand to gain upon completion?

3. Why is she not considering studying in Nigeria considering the cost ?
4. Will this applicant leave Canada upon completion of program?

Since your last application was refused for purpose of visit, it bothers around your proposed program or the officer suspects that you are using the study route to migrate to Canada rather than educational advancement. I actually can't say if you can get a master admission in Canada with your HND qualification, if you can, then you will add to your chances of your reapplication.

A diploma is actually lower than a degree which you already have. It will be hard to sell this to a visa officer unless you have extremely compelling reasons to undertake this program.
A lot of college diploma, PGD/C progams in Canada are structured for work placed demands. They are often times considered as programs to brush up your skills and hone a specific knowledge to help you perform at a particular role/profession. The PGD/C pograms also are for applicants changing a career to a different field other than the previous degree with some level of work experience(1-2). Most times, if a study permit applicant does not fall into any of these categories, you will have to convince the officer very well why you need these programs and how progressively it will add to your current situation or circumstance considering that a logical step after an undergraduate study should be a master degree.

So, if you can get a master degree admission, great. You can also get a PGD/C program as well and make a compelling case. Otherwise, it may be a little difficult using the diploma to secure a study permit. With your profile, it may not be logical.

They wrote that statement on the refusal letter to give you another chance to show that you want to study. In so doing, you MUST meet their requirements and also satisfy them that your primary intention is to study and that you will leave Canada upon completion of your program.

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
charts:
Congrats CPA01 on your medical call .God will surely grant you and all trv apolicants your TRV .

Long post alert-
My people pls help.I dont know what to decide. Please Gurus in the land answer me o.should i end my quest here?

This is my 3rd denial.I applied for college study in the first 2 application but a Masters study in this last one.
I have been refused this morning for the follwing reasons-

I am not sure you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on-
Travel history
Purpose of visit
Personal asset and financial status

(Note-  i have also been denied US visa once and i stated it in my application)

My profile-

Bsc - library and information scienc/ Botany with 4.32gp.
Going for Msc in Library and information Science

Applied 15 May 2017
I submitted-
Acceptance letter
Tuition deposit receipt(400 cad dollars)
Fees estimate document from school(fees are only due at first week of sept)
Degree transcript
Conditions of admission met documents from school.
Recommendation letter from my Undergraduate HOD
No SOP submitted

-I did my  Nysc as an occupational therapist assistant for 1 year.( 2016- 2017).
Currently employed as a Library Assistant in a government school for the past 2 months .

-Confirmation of employment letter from emplyer(government)submitted.

-Study leave ( without pay) approval letter from employer.
( I did not submit my payslip and personal bank statement as i have only started the job 2 months before i made the application. We will only be paid after the first 6 months of service and my payment will be backlogged.( we have still not been payed even now)

-Sponsored by my maternal  uncle
Affidavit/ prove  of  what he does-( owner of his company) , sponsorship and relationship was submitted.
-Sponsorship letter on his company letter head stating he will bear all financial burden and that he has been responsible for my education.signed and stamped in his company seal.
-His company bank statement with closing balance of 91 million naira, infliw and outflow of 350 milloin naira.
-Company's letter of incorporation - company has been running since 1985.

Sorry about your denial. Did you use SOP when applying to the school? What school did you apply to?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nwebele: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
petlaz:

Hello
Sorry for the delay.
I would advice you to look into Canada express entry thread. Never get up on your Canada dreams.

Thanks, I will go check it out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Uzee24: 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
thesoj:
You are free to use whichever format that you feel best presents your case to the VO. Do keep in mind though that here is no silver bullet formula. In whatever you do in your next application, make sure that your explanations to the VO are crisp and clear.

I don't think you'd get a faster response because your resumption date is soon; CIC doesn't seem to operate this way in most cases.

Hello Boss,
I really appreciate You and other Selfless members of this forum for your committment in helping others despite your busy schedule. Please if you dont mind, I would like You to guide me through this process. Been here for quite sometime and promise not to be a burden. I have drafted by SOI for admission and will like to run it by you before I start submitting for admission. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CATESTIMONYMIDE(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Stadiax:

Hi.... Pls how can u help request for gcms note... My email is stadia226@gmail.com

Have reply you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nwebele: 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
Austinpee4:

Hello ma'am.

Sorry about the outcome of the 2 applications.

You know, there are some factors that certainly would be considered when an officer reviews each application.

1.Why did this applicant choose this program?

2. What does she stand to gain upon completion?

3. Why is she not considering studying in Nigeria considering the cost ?
4. Will this applicant leave Canada upon completion of program?

Since your last application was refused for purpose of visit, it bothers around your proposed program or the officer suspects that you are using the study route to migrate to Canada rather than educational advancement. I actually can't say if you can get a master admission in Canada with your HND qualification, if you can, then you will add to your chances of your reapplication.

A diploma is actually lower than a degree which you already have. It will be hard to sell this to a visa officer unless you have extremely compelling reasons to undertake this program.
A lot of college diploma, PGD/C progams in Canada are structured for work placed demands. They are often times considered as programs to brush up your skills and hone a specific knowledge to help you perform at a particular role/profession. The PGD/C pograms also are for applicants changing a career to a different field other than the previous degree with some level of work experience(1-2). Most times, if a study permit applicant does not fall into any of these categories, you will have to convince the officer very well why you need these programs and how progressively it will add to your current situation or circumstance considering that a logical step after an undergraduate study should be a master degree.

So, if you can get a master degree admission, great. You can also get a PGD/C program as well and make a compelling case. Otherwise, it may be a little difficult using the diploma to secure a study permit. With your profile, it may not be logical.

They wrote that statement on the refusal letter to give you another chance to show that you want to study. In so doing, you MUST meet their requirements and also satisfy them that your primary intention is to study and that you will leave Canada upon completion of your program.

Regards.

Thank you so much Austinpee4,
Infact, I didnt just know what else to do to prove otherwise. I wish I had found this thread before my first application. The truth is that having left my career for so long has affected my life in so many ways. My HND result was low. I should have done PGD immediately like my contemporaries but I was sure from my husbands promises that business would pay me.

When I didnt get accepted for the pgd, I browsed the school programs and when I saw a Law related course, I opted for it because I had always wanted to do Law. I didnt know it would affect the visa approval. Should I do a PGD program here and then apply for a masters later in Canada? Would that help me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nwebele: 2:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Give up maybe after your fourth of fifth try. For to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result is the very definition of insanity. Just kidding. Nobody can tell you when to give up, only you can decide for yourself.

That said, your situation is not beyond redemption. Age is never a factor as it is never too late for a person to improve oneself or keep learning. I will advice you apply for a masters degree and after you get in, support your application with a very powerful statement of explanation. Talk about what motherhood has meant to you and what was instrumental in forming your decision to return back to school. Perhaps an adversity or divorce opened your eyes? Don't be afraid to talk about it, VOs are psychologist and want to discover a truthful human. Talk about your dreams and aspirations for Nigeria of bringing what you learn in Canada in global or international business to improve the condition of women and children in Nigeria by giving back. That is how you defeat "Purpose of Visit." We got a winner!

Thanks so much jnyuwa02,
Learning to draft an articulate and convincing SOP is another assignment I will embark. I appreciate your encouragement. Bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nwebele:

Thank you so much Austinpee4,
Infact, I didnt just know what else to do to prove otherwise. I wish I had found this thread before my first application. The truth is that having left my career for so long has affected my life in so many ways. My HND result was low. I should have done PGD immediately like my contemporaries but I was sure from my husbands promises that business would pay me.

When I didnt get accepted for the pgd, I browsed the school programs and when I saw a Law related course, I opted for it because I had always wanted to do Law. I didnt know it would affect the visa approval. Should I do a PGD program here and then apply for a masters later in Canada? Would that help me?

I would say it's a good decision and a response from me would be a YES. It certainly would be a good way to show the VO that you want to study. They now have your details and once there is a significant change in situation by you pursuing the PGD in Nigeria first and later going for a master in Canada, it will show that there have been progression in your quest to advance your career since the last refusal.

When the time comes to apply for a study permit to complete the Master degree program in Canada later on, you can then add that a foreign degree in law would give you more career prospects especially with multinational companies in Nigeria as most of them would welcome a foreign trained employee because chances are that they will work well in the diversity of the organisation.(SOP hint for others).

Regards ma'am and all the best in your endeavours.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.