Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827601 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322) (Go Down)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:12am On May 04, 2013
Finally, Canada has unveiled the new and repackaged Federal Skilled Worker program and it is that time to start sending applications.

Please note that you are only eligible if your occupation fall under the following eligible occupations
•0211 Engineering managers
•1112 Financial and investment analysts
•2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
•2131 Civil engineers
•2132 Mechanical engineers
•2134 Chemical engineers
•2143 Mining engineers
•2145 Petroleum engineers
•2144 Geological engineers
•2146 Aerospace engineers
•2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
•2154 Land surveyors
•2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
•2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
•2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
•3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
•3142 Physiotherapists
•3143 Occupational Therapists
•3211 Medical laboratory technologists
•3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants
•3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
•3215 Medical Radiation Technologists
•3216 Medical Sonographers
•3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists

Only 5000 applications will be treated under the one year period (i.e May 2013 to April 2014) and 300 applications will be considered for each eligible occupation,it is important therefore that prospective applicants start sending in there applications soonest.

Please note the major highlights as below

Selection Factor Maximum points
English and/or French skills 28

Education 25

Experience 15

Age 12

Arranged employment in Canada 10

Adaptability 10

Total 100

Pass mark: 67 out of 100 points

It is important you write your IELTS and obtain an Educational Credential Assessment {ECA} from authorized organizations in Canada {if your qualification is obtained outside Canada}.

You can share your timeline here as you proceed so people from the world over can gain from your experience.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:44pm On May 05, 2013
I will like to suggest that people follow this timeline to record the progress of their application as well as encourage others who are interested in moving permanently to Canada

User: Nationality:
App Filed at Local Canadian Visa Office: Local Canadian Visa Office:
AOR Received Date: IELTS Exam Date:
IELTS Exam Score per skill test: R- W- L- S- IELTS Aggregate Score:
Highest Degree: Work Experience (Years):
Job Offer in Canada? Yes/No: File Transferred to Local Consulate:
Initial Assessment Received: Documents Requested:
Documents Sent: Medicals Requested:
Medicals Done: Medicals Sent:
Interview Waived? Yes/No: Interview Date:
Passport Requested: Application Status{Approved/Pending/dismissed}:
Approval/Denial Date: Passport Received Date:
Landed in Canada: Landed in City:
Total Processing Time: Days Elapsed:

Last Updated:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kellyemms: 9:15pm On May 05, 2013
Plz how do I obtain the form for this canadian skilled work
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:39am On May 06, 2013
@kellyemms,

You can visit the site at www.cic.gc.ca,go to the skilled worker program page,you will get all the info there plus the application kits.

Have you written your IELTS yet?if yes,what's your band? What about your Educational Credentials Assessment(ECA)? Application kits comes when all of those ones are available

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by michaeladesiyan: 8:23pm On May 06, 2013
To write the exam at british council lagos cost about 35k. @Solomon any cheaper place to write it. I want to write it asap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:46pm On May 06, 2013
michaeladesiyan: To write the exam at british council lagos cost about 35k. @Solomon any cheaper place to write it. I want to write it asap

@michaeladesiyan,

British Council is the authority saddled with the responsibility of conducting the exam.As a mtter of fact,British Council is one of the bodies behind the IELTS exam.

Except you want to bin your hard earned money, ONLY BRITISH COUNCIL is the body to approach for the IELTS exam.

There is no cheaper place,let no one deceive you!

Wish you luck!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kellyemms: 10:52pm On May 06, 2013
solomonwis: @kellyemms,

You can visit the site at www.cic.gc.ca,go to the skilled worker program page,you will get all the info there plus the application kits.

Have you written your IELTS yet?if yes,what's your band? What about your Educational Credentials Assessment(ECA)? Application kits comes when all of those ones are available
I av d Toefl! Can I use it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2013
kellyemms: I av d Toefl! Can I use it?

There are 3 bodies whose English test results are acceptable,of all the 3 IELTS is the one with the widest reach...Others are based in Canada and basically for people in Canada.

Unfortunately TOEFL is not acceptable for this program.

You need to register for IELTS as it is the acceptable Test to score points under Language. Note that Laguage carry the highest point under the repackaged FSWP,you can't therefore joke with it.

Hope this clarifies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 3:39am On May 07, 2013
@solomonwis,infact I did IELTS at lagos 3yrs ago (2010). Filled the forms and paid require fees by my cousin in canada with master card,sent everything to them. My forms was rejected base on work experiences and I has to repackages again and collected letter from my working place yet they rejected it. Its not easy to get 67 points unless you have arrange employment in canada and have relative there. Though my money was refunded without deducted a kobo from it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:02am On May 07, 2013
Bussyme: @solomonwis,infact I did IELTS at lagos 3yrs ago (2010). Filled the forms and paid require fees by my cousin in canada with master card,sent everything to them. My forms was rejected base on work experiences and I has to repackages again and collected letter from my working place yet they rejected it. Its not easy to get 67 points unless you have arrange employment in canada and have relative there. Though my money was refund without deducted a kobo from it.

I understand how it feels but you should have done an unbiased assessment of yourself before sending in your application. You can score yourself based on the selection criteria given.

You can still try again if your occupation fall in the list of eligible occupation and you have done a self assessment and scored 67 or above.

It is not entirely true that you can't score 67 if you don't have arranged employment and have relatives there.

Under what occupation does your work skills fall?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Spoondar(f): 3:28pm On May 07, 2013
Bussyme: @solomonwis,infact I did IELTS at lagos 3yrs ago (2010). Filled the forms and paid require fees by my cousin in canada with master card,sent everything to them. My forms was rejected base on work experiences and I has to repackages again and collected letter from my working place yet they rejected it. Its not easy to get 67 points unless you have arrange employment in canada and have relative there. Though my money was refunded without deducted a kobo from it.
I love the fact that they refund all your money when you are NOT successful let me direct all my friends who have been bothering me and i could not be able to explain to them by myself.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2013
Spoondar: I love the fact that they refund all your money when you are NOT successful let me direct all my friends who have been bothering me and i could not be able to explain to them by myself.
You highly welcome but ask them to register for IELTS exam at 20 Thomphson avenue,ikoyi lagos at rate of 35k pay to bank by bank draft. Morealso he/she must have interl passport before they can be allow to register. They must have someone in canada that can pay with master card or draft. Its easy and you can monitor the stages of process of your application forms on their site after you has given codes. By the way, if you use fake documents or fake bank statement your money wouldnt be refunded.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 6:57pm On May 07, 2013
solomonwis:

I understand how it feels but you should have done an unbiased assessment of yourself before sending in your application. You can score yourself based on the selection criteria given.

You can still try again if your occupation fall in the list of eligible occupation and you have done a self assessment and scored 67 or above.

It is not entirely true that you can't score 67 if you don't have arranged employment and have relatives there.

Under what occupation does your work skills fall?
My work skills fall under NOC 7241 industrial electrican with my HND in electrical/electronic engr. I did assessment and my scores was 68 pionts. About 500 of us sat for exam on that day. I dont have interest anymore but whoever have interest and needs my guide line/assistance am fully ready from a-z. I must confess to e-family that I know it. Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blaze007(m): 12:34am On May 08, 2013
Nice thread. Abeg hw much is d processing fee? And wat abt if i dnt ve any relative in canada,hw wil i pay? Tanx boss
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:10am On May 08, 2013
blaze007: Nice thread. Abeg hw much is d processing fee? And wat abt if i dnt ve any relative in canada,hw wil i pay? Tanx boss

The processing fee varies but the principal applicant has to pay CAD$550. You have to approach the assessing bodies for Educational Credentials assessment {ECA}. The cheapest you can get is from WES and it cost CAD$203.24.

You don't have to have anybody in Canada to apply for FSWP neither do you need anybody in Canada to pay any fee. With our local Master card,you can pay for both your assessment fee and your application/processing fee.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:28am On May 08, 2013
Bussyme: My work skills fall under NOC 7241 industrial electrican with my HND in electrical/electronic engr. I did assessment and my scores was 68 pionts. About 500 of us sat for exam on that day. I dont have interest anymore but whoever have interest and needs my guide line/assistance am fully ready from a-z. I must confess to e-family that I know it. Thanks.

You obviously have not fully acquainted yourself with the new FSWP new rules! Your occupation is no longer on the new eligible occupations!

Remember only an UNBIASED assessment will give you the required points {67} needed to scale through. You must have awarded points for yourself to have claimed 68 points. You need to break down what your age is,your work experience,Education {Obviously,HND will not be rated as the same with Bsc.},Language{You need to state for each skill tested, i.e Speaking,Listening,writing an reading,what your score was},adaptability/arranged employment.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blaze007(m): 8:01am On May 08, 2013
solomonwis:

The processing fee varies but the principal applicant has to pay CAD$550. You have to approach the assessing bodies for Educational Credentials assessment {ECA}. The cheapest you can get is from WES and it cost CAD$203.24.

You don't have to have anybody in Canada to apply for FSWP neither do you need anybody in Canada to pay any fee. With our local Master card,you can pay for both your assessment fee and your application/processing fee.
tanx boss. So al in al, i need lyk cad $750. D money much o. Haaa!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:39am On May 08, 2013
blaze007: tanx boss. So al in al, i need lyk cad $750. D money much o. Haaa!

Aside the processing fee,the cost of registration for IELTS and assessment fee,you also need to show you can support yourself and family members while in Canada.if you are the only applicant,you will need to show CAD11k unencumbered,readily accessible and readily available fund as proof of settlement fund.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by michaeladesiyan: 9:50am On May 08, 2013
Hi house why is it that most times when u post ur documents they tend to always post it back to u. And the problem then was the employment and work evidence i attached. Pls for those that have been succesful wit d application, what best way can the employment letter presentation look lyke? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2013
michaeladesiyan: Hi house why is it that most times when u post ur documents they tend to always post it back to u. And the problem then was the employment and work evidence i attached. Pls for those that have been succesful wit d application, what best way can the employment letter presentation look lyke? Thanks.

Every time your application is posted back to you,there's always a letter attached stating why your application was returned.

You have several reasons why your application can be returned. You should not lose sight of the fact that for your eligible occupation,you have a cap of 300 which means you have to be thorough in packaging your application to meet up with the required points.

Your work experience must be in line with what is stated in the NOC occupation.You need to fully acquaint yourself with the job description,job requirements and job details before sending your application.

Time is of essence here and a well packaged application will scale through.
That is the reason for this thread. You can post the steps you've taken or you took so people can comment,give you the needed guideline as you go through the process.

It is not just about gathering documents but about being articulate in presenting yourself worthy for positive consideration in your quest as a skilled worker with benefits to the Canadian economy.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blaze007(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2013
solomonwis:

Aside the processing fee,the cost of registration for IELTS and assessment fee,you also need to show you can support yourself and family members while in Canada.if you are the only applicant,you will need to show CAD11k unencumbered,readily accessible and readily available fund as proof of settlement fund.
oboy!!!! Wher i wan get dat kind money? Chineke!! Mak i beta join dose who dey go dubai. Tanx boss 4 d info

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SOTAJ: 10:17pm On May 08, 2013
@solomonwis,

I have sent my certificate for ECA through WES, waiting for it to be evaluated. Meanwhile, please do we still need to notarize all the photocopies to be included in the package since it was not clearly spelt-out in the updated checklist for this year's submission?

Kindly shed more light.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:10am On May 09, 2013
SOTAJ:
@solomonwis,

I have sent my certificate for ECA through WES, waiting for it to be evaluated. Meanwhile, please do we still need to notarize all the photocopies to be included in the package since it was not clearly spelt-out in the updated checklist for this year's submission?

Kindly shed more light.

Thank you.

Note that it is not just your certificates that will be assessed but your transcripts have to be included. Transcripts are usually sent directly by the issuing authority to the assessing body who will ascertain the authenticity as well as the canadian equivalence of the academic qualification.

You do not need to notarize any document you will be sending.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SOTAJ: 7:49am On May 09, 2013
@solomonwis,

Thanks for your response. Of course my transcript has also been forwarded directly by my institution to WES aside from the photocopy of my certificate that I sent by myself.

What I was actually trying to ask about notarizing the documents, I was referring to the documents to be sent to CIO Sydney (ie) do we notarize the photocopies to be enclosed in the package to be sent to CIO in Sydney?

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:20am On May 09, 2013
@Solomonwis; i work as a mobile financial services(mobile money) analyst. Can i be considered under •1112 Financial and investment analysts. Reply ASAP would be appreciated. thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:43am On May 09, 2013
SOTAJ: @solomonwis,

Thanks for your response. Of course my transcript has also been forwarded directly by my institution to WES aside from the photocopy of my certificate that I sent by myself.

What I was actually trying to ask about notarizing the documents, I was referring to the documents to be sent to CIO Sydney (ie) do we notarize the photocopies to be enclosed in the package to be sent to CIO in Sydney?

Thanks

No need for notarization sir but if you wish to notarize you can do that too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SOTAJ: 9:04am On May 09, 2013
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 11:09am On May 09, 2013
i av HND in accounting, l have a farm business l'm doing also. My question now is that, which of the eligible skill trade is appropriate for me 2 apply into btw financial analyst & farm supervisor, livestock services. Suggestions ar welcomed asap.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2013
austengold: @Solomonwis; i work as a mobile financial services(mobile money) analyst. Can i be considered under •1112 Financial and investment analysts. Reply ASAP would be appreciated. thanks

I believe this answer your question:

1112 Financial and investment analysts
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company's clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage houses and fund management companies.

Example Titles
chartered financial analyst
financial analyst
investment analyst
money market analyst
portfolio manager
research associate, financial services

View all titles

Main duties

Financial analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
Analyze investment projects
Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
Follow up on financing projects with financial backers
Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
Prepare a regular risk profile for debt portfolios
Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets.

Investment analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in commerce, business administration or economics
and
On-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually required.
A master's degree in business administration (MBA) (concentration in finance) or in finance may be required.
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, available through a program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in the United States, may be required by some employers.
Additional information
Progression to management positions, such as securities manager, is possible with experience.

Source: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1112
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:00pm On May 09, 2013
valentino81: i av HND in accounting, l have a farm business l'm doing also. My question now is that, which of the eligible skill trade is appropriate for me 2 apply into btw financial analyst & farm supervisor, livestock services. Suggestions ar welcomed asap.

Your work experience and qualification should fit under the eligible occupation you may choose to apply under (There are exceptions however as in the case of a General Farm Worker,see the bold part under).

if you choose to apply under Financial Analyst and Investment Analyst,you should take note of the following:

Main duties

Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write reports and recommendations
Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and calls for tender
Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio

Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence.

Employment requirements
and
On-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually required.
A master's degree in business administration (MBA) (concentration in finance) or in finance may be required.
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, available through a program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in the United States, may be required by some employers.
Additional information
Progression to management positions, such as securities manager, is possible with experience.

If you choose to apply under General farm Worker (This is not an ELIGIBLE OCCUPATION UNDER THE PROGRAM FOR 2013-2014):

8431 General farm workers
General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. This group includes operators of farm machinery. General farm workers are employed on crop, livestock, fruit, vegetable and specialty farms.

Example Titles
beef cattle farm worker
cattle ranch labourer
dairy farm worker
farm machinery operator
general farm worker
grain farm worker
harvester machine operator
hatchery worker
poultry farm worker
vegetable farm worker

View all titles

Main duties

General farm workers perform some or all of the following duties:
Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
Feed and tend livestock and poultry
Milk cows
Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.

General farm workers can become specialized in a particular type of crop or livestock production through experience.
Employment requirements
There are no specific education or training requirements. However, a college certificate or specialized courses related to farming, such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning and pesticide application, are available.
Basic farm knowledge, usually obtained from working on a family farm, may be required for employment.
A course or certificate in first aid may be required.
Additional information
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
Classified elsewhere
Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers (8252)
Harvesting labourers (8611)
Managers in agriculture (0821)

You are qualified to apply under Financial Analyst with your educational qualification BUT your work experience will definitely attract a zero point.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2013
[quote
author=solomonwis]

Your work experience and qualification should fit under the eligible
occupation you may choose to apply under (There are exceptions however
as in the case of a General Farm Worker,see the bold part under).

if you choose to apply under Financial Analyst and Investment
Analyst,you should take note of the following:

Main duties

Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing
scenarios and other documents concerning capital management, and write
reports and recommendations
Advise on and participate in the financial aspects of contracts and
calls for tender
Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial
portfolio

Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks,
bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic
forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals,
company financial statements and other financial reports and
publications
Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected,
including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and
future trends and other investment information
Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company
officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports,
briefing notes and correspondence.

Employment requirements
and
On-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually
required.

A master's degree in business administration (MBA) (concentration in
finance) or in finance may be required.
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, available through a
program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in
the United States, may be required by some employers.
Additional information
Progression to management positions, such as securities manager, is
possible with experience.

If you choose to apply under General farm Worker (This is not an
ELIGIBLE OCCUPATION UNDER THE PROGRAM FOR 2013-2014)
:

8431 General farm workers
General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise
livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and
buildings. This group includes operators of farm machinery. General farm
workers are employed on crop, livestock, fruit, vegetable and specialty
farms.

Example Titles
beef cattle farm worker
cattle ranch labourer
dairy farm worker
farm machinery operator
general farm worker
grain farm worker
harvester machine operator
hatchery worker
poultry farm worker
vegetable farm worker

View all titles

Main duties

General farm workers perform some or all of the following duties:
Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
Feed and tend livestock and poultry
Milk cows
Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and
chicken coops
Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.

General farm workers can become specialized in a particular type of crop
or livestock production through experience.
Employment requirements
There are no specific education or training requirements. However, a
college certificate or specialized courses related to farming, such as
farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning and
pesticide application, are available.
Basic farm knowledge, usually obtained from working on a family farm,
may be required for employment.
A course or certificate in first aid may be required.
Additional information
Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
Classified elsewhere
Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized
livestock workers (8252)
Harvesting labourers (8611)
Managers in agriculture (0821)

You are qualified to apply under Financial Analyst with your educational
qualification BUT your work experience will definitely attract a zero
point. @ solomonwis, thanks 4 taking ur time 2 explain the info. my question nw is that, is it advisable for me 2 proceed on wit d ielts & application as well based on code 1112, financial analyst category? waiting 4 ur response sir.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2013
[quote author=valentino81][/quote]

You can proceed if in your self assessment,you meet up with the minimum required score point of 67 having regard to your Language (you don't have this yet),Age,work experience,Adaptability and Arranged employment. Only you can assess yourself with regards to meeting up with the required minimum points.

Please note that you might score zero in your work experience if it those not show that you have experience as outlined in the National Occupation Classification (NOC).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.