Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827155 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
lanrayx:

Mazi my own is different after almost 4months that my application as been under review for winter, i was contacted by my department director in french via email, was asked to give them my contact and i was called, he asked about why i choose the uni and all and that i know the uni is bilingual and i might be required to take a course in French, then he spoke on kind french i did not get and the stopped to interpret and did it again, later he told me i would get a decision in the coming week(s)..... i am scared .

Which University is that? Since you applied in such a School, you should have taken concrete steps to study some basic French at Alliance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
GlitteringStar:
@Igbouwanile, check your inbox.
Hello GlitteringStar I have responded.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
bbclue:
Igbouwanile.....Good evening Please I called you yesterday to remain u of what u said u will send to me
Gud evening, sorry i forgot this, will ring u to know abt it shortly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by lanrayx: 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nogen:

Which University is that? Since you applied in such a School, you should have taken concrete steps to study some basic French at Alliance.

uni of ottawa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
Austinpee4:

Oh i see! Well, like you have already seen in the officer's note. He/she was not satisfied about the prospects and benefits of your proposed program in Nigeria when weighed against the cost of completing it in Canada as well as other reasons to warrant such study in Canada. so another question here would be what are you going to study?

Also, having 17.4m in the account may not amount to sufficient for you considering the duration of your program and also considering how the funds were accumulated. Undergraduate study has weight financially. The officer considered the possibility of generating the equivalent of your tuition and living expenses for subsequent years. Undergraduate financial burden is more and now that this information is on your records, you will have to even do more in all ramification to get a re-application approved.

Well, i don't know how you may see this but i would suggest you finish your undergraduate program in Nigeria and then apply to study at graduate level in Canada. I know it may look like a long time from now but your chances would be higher, the financial burden on your sponsor(Father) will be less and overall, it would show that you are not desperate to study in Canada. There would have been a significant progress in your circumstance since you last applied and officers would be more convinced that you would leave at the end of your study. So i suggest you diligently complete your undergraduate study since you are already in 200L, get a good grade and there would be alot that will play out to your advantage in no distant time. Let it be a strategy now for you. This is only my opinion.

cc @ afehin71

If you were my family, I would have advised you to go with the words in bold above by @Austinpee4.

It is good you are here, so by the time you graduate you would have gathered enough strategies concerning your future in Canada.

There is no rush in life, when it is your time to move to Canada, it is your time. But you just have to be ready when that time comes.

So, please complete your studies in Nigeria and get good grades; that gives you one less issue to worry about.

But, if you decide to go ahead, you have to tackle every point the VO raised and proof beyond reasonable doubt that you are a genuine student.

And this is not just about finances, it is all about everything you have in your application.

Good luck and Godspeed.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 9:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
what link did you use to place ur order...i bet its not cic recommended gcms ordering site...quote please
afehin71:
Good morning house,
It's over a month I requested for gcms notes and it's still not sent how long does it take.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
lanrayx:

Mazi my own is different after almost 4months that my application as been under review for winter, i was contacted by my department director in french via email, was asked to give them my contact and i was called, he asked about why i choose the uni and all and that i know the uni is bilingual and i might be required to take a course in French, then he spoke on kind french i did not get and the stopped to interpret and did it again, later he told me i would get a decision in the coming week(s)..... i am scared .

Well boss, just chill and wait for the outcome. I hope you applied to other schools too?

No fear... if them give you funding and tell you say your course na french you go use do am, wetin you go do? grin

People don cross that bridge, so you go cross am.

Trust God...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maziude: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
MrsDot:

Hi, Good afternoon Pls I will like to make some enquiries from you on student visa... Can I mail U?

Yes boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by afehin71(f): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
GREGORIAN:
what link did you use to place ur order...i bet its not cic recommended gcms ordering site...quote please

Already got it...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by johnsonm2g: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Austinpee4:

I can relate and understand the frustration. But u know, when it comes to immigration related issues, you have to be very careful so you don't end up messing up things. These folks are psychologist and know how we Nigerians go about migrating to developed countries. So the fish out people who are genuine and create avenues for different intentions. eg, study route, the express entry route etc.

Alternatively, you can think about what you truly want, start now to build atleast one year activity in it even while you are studying in UI. find out how you can be relevant here in Nigeria proffering solutions, what your plans would be after study and you MUST truly show passion in that area atleast with some evidence and not just writting. Don't forget the know you now.
Hello sir, I sent you and email, please did you see it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by GREGORIAN(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
r u IT inclined...y i asked is because...IT pgd program in lambton has Cisco networking wich is advance networking...so witout IT background of networking basics...it ll be difficult to cope...because u wont be taught basic networking...and VOs know that...so if ur first degree is not IT related im afraid u might be denied...take note...its ok disclosing u have a brother in canada irespective of the fact that he ll apply for PR some time...it has no negative effect to his future PR application....lastly since ur dad is your sponsor n u wont state ur brother as co-sponsor...i will advice ur brother credits ur dads account with ur first/second semester tuition...while ur dad takes full responsibility
OFFICIALAEL:
Good day house. I thank you all for the great support here.
I intend applying for my TRV once I get my acceptance letter from LAMBTON college for the Information technology professional program.
My question to the house is. Is it safe to disclose that I have an elder brother in Canada who is yet to get his PR (he has already started his PR application but he won't be getting it until much later next year).
lastly My dad is my sponsor but my brother would be paying my first & second semester tuition.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by seunnuga: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
NathyBongos:
Good day everyone,I applied for a professional programme in graduate diploma of educational leadership studies for fall 2018 to memorial university newfoundland,i payed the 120cnd application fee and even my professional and academic letter of appraisal have been received by them as they sent me a mail, just awaiting my transcript and other supporting documents to be sent to them,was even issued a mun number but I did not write it down anywhere.i. tried logging into my account few days back to see if my other documents have gotten to them but to my greatest surprise my application was wiped, and i wrote to them they demanded for my student number for reference which i did not copy Down.what might be the cause of the wiped application and how can i retrieve my mun number.Thanks

Hi, what's the update on your wiped application. I experienced same after paying the 120CAD and no student ID was sent to me since Friday that i paid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Once you pay for the application fee, you would then need to upload your credentials and provide English test result later, if the school requires it from you. You might want to talk to the school and see if you can get a waiver of the test. Many schools do not require you to take Ielts if your language of instruction in secondary school and post secondary, were in English. Whatever you are applying, make sure it bears logical relationship with what you studied in your National Diploma. If not, be prepared to write a compelling essay for your visa, why you changed fields.

Thank you Bro for your reply
so, now is it best i go get my N.Diploma Certifiate ready as first thing?
And again, about my accademic (Highschool) should i put in the app form only the senior secondary school 3yrs (2004-2007)? cause i have the Testimonial and the waec result done at school which is poor but i have GCE of 2009 which is good and i don't know if i will also be asked for my junior sec school own (2001-2004) which i dnt have
and about the course i'am applying to is Business Amininstration - Management as (1st choice) and Business Administration - Investment Management as (2nd choice) but i studied (OTM) Office Technology And Management (National Diploma) @ Laspotech PT Prog
And i also have 3-4yrs of working experience at my Dad's company (Air/Sea Frieght Servives + Building And Construction Company) as an Account Manager
So pls, does my info match the course i'm applying for or am i just wasting my time pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sleemzy13(m): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
maziude:

Yes boss.

Good evening Bro,
Pls, can i mail you as well? cause am a novice
but i don't have ur email addy tho sad
pweence@gmail.com pls hi me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by johnsonm2g: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please gurus in the house, is it advisable to submit further documents(e.g SOP, Siblings birth certificate etc) after one has submitted an application online despite the fact that they have not been requested by the VO, or should one wait until they are requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by KingIbot: 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
Good evening everyone please I wanna know if there is any university in Canada that accepts waec for undergraduate planning to study medicine and surgery and maybe with scholarship.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
KingIbot:
Good evening everyone please I wanna know if there is any university in Canada that accepts waec for undergraduate planning to study medicine and surgery and maybe with scholarship.
Thanks

Make google a friend or familiar acquaintance. Start reading on Canadian universities to familiarize yourself with the requirement at different colleges and universities, the course you are interested in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jacksonyito: 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jadel03:
@jacksonyito, can i send you a mail?

I have questions as regards GMAT.

Kindly advise if it's okay. Thank you.

I

Sure...got your mail and I ve responded
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mamacajah: 12:03am On Oct 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

I got no email, try sending again.
@jnyuwa02, I have resent it. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 2:17am On Oct 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Good Gcms question. What is integrated search done? The other day I was looking at somebody's Gcms notes, it also said online presence performed. Are these people looking on social media? I know the other answers, but I will let others chip in first.

Waiting for the gurus to discuss this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sholaystar4me(m): 3:25am On Oct 03, 2017
if they havent requested, i will advise not to send, as this will seem like an act of desperation. I will however suggest you get everything ready in the meantime.

#VICTORY IS FROM GOD ALONE

johnsonm2g:
Please gurus in the house, is it advisable to submit further documents(e.g SOP, Siblings birth certificate etc) after one has submitted an application online despite the fact that they have not been requested by the VO, or should one wait until they are requested?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 5:12am On Oct 03, 2017
abestine:

Apart from the ones I see them take which is, height, weight, BP, BMI, x-ray blood and urine, I don't know what they test for winter in the blood, I think the gurus in the house can throw more light on this.. Ire o...
So they collect 30k to test height, weight, blood and urine? shocked. It is well!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2017
GREGORIAN:

Nawa!!!...survey monkey at first, now this. Thank God she has gotten it because if she hasnt and used a link "GREGORIAN" feels is fradulent, this thread will instantly digress. Not everything is fraud sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by johnsonm2g: 7:40am On Oct 03, 2017
johnsonm2g:
hmm...I get your point, but my problem is that I need employment history to back up my claims. Like on the former application it was stated that the man is my cousin and also my employer, on the real sense I work in a government parastatal and have been working for 6 years plus now. In some of the documents my agent submitted online there was some sponsorship declaration which says I work in company 'A' and that I have been working for five years...
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 7:48am On Oct 03, 2017
Officialcomo:

Waiting for the gurus to discuss this.
Of course social media is looked into, what else will background check be based upon....they leverage thhe internet, use their tools and sometimes even make one or two contacts for test of your character ( they contacted a friend of my friend about her). So apart from looking into the records of other countries, they definitely go and see things like your posts by using softwares (some are free online) to see what your posts have been on all social media..facebook twitter instagram pintrest and the rest.....dont worry whatsapp isnt involved...so all your nasty chats are safe��� cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by arrJay(f): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2017
Hello all. Please i would like to enquire about schools that offer Mass Communication in undergraduate level. Please can anyone who has an idea share?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 5454Darese: 8:22am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=johnsonm2g post=61050437]Please gurus in the house, is it advisable to submit further documents(e.g SOP, Siblings birth certificate etc) after one has submitted an application online despite the fact that they have not been requested by the VO, or should one wait until they are requested?[/quote
Go ahead and forward your omitted documents to them via email. Don't worry they won't penalize you for that .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 9:24am On Oct 03, 2017
GREGORIAN:
r u IT inclined...y i asked is because...IT pgd program in lambton has Cisco networking wich is advance networking...so witout IT background of networking basics...it ll be difficult to cope...because u wont be taught basic networking...and VOs know that...so if ur first degree is not IT related im afraid u might be denied...take note...its ok disclosing u have a brother in canada irespective of the fact that he ll apply for PR some time...it has no negative effect to his future PR application....lastly since ur dad is your sponsor n u wont state ur brother as co-sponsor...i will advice ur brother credits ur dads account with ur first/second semester tuition...while ur dad takes full responsibility
I studied mathematics and statistics, in unilag. I have two years working experience working in a private IT company. Even though I was in the admin dpt I was privileged to learn from the IT guys and I've taken classes previously in Ccna & Mcsa where I sat and passed the Mcsa 410 & Mcsa 411 module. About my brother transferring the tuition fee to my dads account won't the bank exchange rate affect thereby causing me to spend more ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2017
maygreaves:

Of course social media is looked into, what else will background check be based upon....they leverage thhe internet, use their tools and sometimes even make one or two contacts for test of your character ( they contacted a friend of my friend about her). So apart from looking into the records of other countries, they definitely go and see things like your posts by using softwares (some are free online) to see what your posts have been on all social media..facebook twitter instagram pintrest and the rest.....dont worry whatsapp isnt involved...so all your nasty chats are safe��� cheesy cheesy

As far as I know, Canada has only biometrics agreements with only the United States to share in their respective database info. This fact is buttressed by the fact that I have never read a GCMS notes where it said someone applied for a UK, Australia, Germany, Newzealand visas, etc, was denied and refused to disclose it. It's always about applying for USA Visa. If I am wrong someone has ever seen on a denial by CIC where it indicated someone applied for another country other than USA visa and refuse to disclose it, therefore misrepresented, let them speak out!! I stand to be corrected.

On the issue of checking social media and Google to check information about someone, sounds to me like what authoritarian China would do, not a totally freedom loving country like Canada. There is no evidence to back up such assertions that CIC goes looking for people on their Facebook account just because they applied for Canada visa. If they do, that is terribly wrong and unfair. How about if a five year old put some scathing and scandalous information about me on the internet that has no basis in any truth?

That said, I was stopped in my tracks when someone here sent me his GCMS notes and the VO indicated that "online presence," had completed and nothing was found! That one scared the BaJesus out of me. I did not know what to make of online presence that they said they had completed. So will be nice if anyone ever had any experience with this so called "online presence," enlighten the house.

I doubt CIC calls friends of people and referees, I have no experience with tnat. Quite to the contrary,
What I have seen is people frustrated that CIC denied them visa without calling their employers and referees they provided letters from to CIC and Kept those friends and referees everyday on standby, should CIC call.

My five cents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hadeytee: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hello gurus in the house
Quick question pls, I submitted my application online on the 23rd of may, my biometrics was just requested for yesterday, school resumes Oct 15th is there hope that I will get the study permit before then? Pls help s girl in distress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
hadeytee:
Hello gurus in the house
Quick question pls, I submitted my application online on the 23rd of may, my biometrics was just requested for yesterday, school resumes Oct 15th is there hope that I will get the study permit before then? Pls help s girl in distress

Anything can happen in 13 days, but keeping fingers crossed for you. CIC is unprectable and nobody can tell you when they are likely to give you a decision. Just wait and see and if nothing comes, defer till January. Wait for them to request renewed letter of admission even if you get the renewed papers, just wait for CIC to request it, don't just begin to send it to them. Give them a little challenge too, just like they gave you challenge.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
jnyuwa02:

As far as I know, Canada has only biometrics agreements with only the United States to share in their respective database info. This fact is buttressed by the fact that I have never read a GCMS notes where it said someone applied for a UK, Australia, Germany, Newzealand visas, etc, was denied and refused to disclose it. It's always about applying for USA Visa. If I am wrong someone has ever seen on a denial by CIC where it indicated someone applied for another country other than USA visa and refuse to disclose it, therefore misrepresented, let them speak out!! I stand to be corrected.

On the issue of checking social media and Google to check information about someone, sounds to me like what authoritarian China would do, not a totally freedom loving country like Canada. There is no evidence to back up such assertions that CIC goes looking for people on their Facebook account just because they applied for Canada visa. If they do, that is terribly wrong and unfair. How about if a five year old put some scathing and scandalous information about me on the internet that has no basis in any truth?

That said, I was stopped in my tracks when someone here sent me his GCMS notes and the VO indicated that "online presence," had completed and nothing was found! That one scared the BaJesus out of me. I did not know what to make of online presence that they said they had completed. So will be nice if anyone ever had any experience with this so called "online presence," enlighten the house.

I doubt CIC calls friends of people and referees, I have no experience with tnat. Quite to the contrary,
What I have seen is people frustrated that CIC denied them visa without calling their employers and referees they provided letters from to CIC and Kept those friends and referees everyday on standby, should CIC call.

My five cents.

Oga...brand 24, hootsuite and the baba of them Geo feedia, have been used by the police and army to detect events before they occur and to arraign and arrest people or companies that make use of social media that could cause or escalate violence...most popular case was when it was used for the Boston marathon to capture those involved in the shootings....yes it has brought about concerns over privacy....and there us an ongoing case in canada over it....but to think that the canadian authorities won't use it to easily fish out people who may be pervieved as threats is a total joke. If employers of labour do google searches to know a bit more about prospective employees, thats a cue.

When background checks are done.....what exactly do you think they do?

This is just my opinion...i could be wrong, but i dont see any reason why they wouldnt use the internet to their advantage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.