Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828080 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2017
jnyuwa02:

You are absolutely correct. Sworn affidavit adds nothing to a person's profile. Anyone that used it and succeeded, it was not because of the sworn affidavit, it because the VO saw merits to his application. That said, been denied PR because of what was written in a SOP or affidavit makes no sense. The two relief forms are separate and apart and not meant to effect each other. Except in cases of misrepresentation, if you were banned for 5 years applying for visa and you run and apply for PR through EE, your ban carries over there too. No rest for the wicked, no hiding place for the transgressors.

But to be fair, the person said he was denied PGWP, not PR. There are numerous factors that can effect approval of PGWP. Like if you worked illegally more than 20 hours mandated by Canadian law, they could deny you relief when it comes to PGWP time. But even with PGWP, hardly do I see a correlation of denial because of what you have written in SOP swearing to return to your country. PGWP is only postgraduate work. You may still complete the PGWP and return back to your country. Nothing in conflict with your expressed intent of return initially in a SOP or affidavit. So that leads me to believe either this friend is lying or does not understand the real reason he was denied PGWP. I am reasonably confident it was not because of his SOP declaring that he will come back to his country! If this story is true, can he come here himself and ask and show evidence?

Yes! I thought as much too. Well said Bro!

Cc: OFFICALAEL, EJIZY. Take note!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dodoa: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Hi Sir/Ma,

You did upfront medicals and you were called for medicals. If you have a copy of your E-medical sheet, which bears your Unique UMI Number. kindly upload it to your CIC account and let them know you did upfront medicals prior to the submission of your app. More so, try reach out to the hospital to forward your results again ASAP.

Congratulations in advance.

Thanks. Is there a way to upload again or any email address to send it to. The Hospital already confirmed to me that they sent it in September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jeri(m): 9:53am On Oct 26, 2017
Please house I need urgent response to all these questions and no insult please I need real answers, thanks

1. I am doing paper application for Canada study permit, should I submit my original credentials along with the copies and how do I get my original credentials back?
2. Where do I submit my paper application? Lagos or Ghana and their addresses please
3. How do I make my make my application payment and biometric payment?
4. Where should I address my recommendation letter to?

Please I need responses as soon as possible.
Abeg make ene help your boy oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2017
dodoa:

Thanks. Is there a way to upload again or any email address to send it to. The Hospital already confirmed to me that they sent it in September.

As i said earlier Sir!, Kindly Upload it to your CIC account and let them know you have already done an upfront medicals.
You will find a space where the Request for Medicals close to your Applications message. Upload it there.

You need their email address - accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

Please don't hesitate to ask your questions, if you find any difficulties.

Attached is a screenshot that will guide you.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jonaslokk: 10:04am On Oct 26, 2017
kindaguy:
Hello Family..
i intend applying for an undergrad studies to a Canadian school for fall 2018... i want to know if there are Canadian schools that offer either full or part funding to intl. student? .
And preferably schools that have low tution fees.... thanks y'all

Try Holland college in PEI Canada it's pretty low
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tunba28(m): 10:07am On Oct 26, 2017
Zlatimi:

Thank you so much i did form A today so am expecting it to go tru latest 48hrs...

Please how much did you get the conversion rate, I need to make a payment of $2,200 CAD too. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jejelaye1: 10:17am On Oct 26, 2017
1. I am doing paper application for Canada study permit, should I submit my original credentials along with the copies and how do I get my original credentials back?= I did online application. However, in my opinion, photocopies will be sufficient for your application.

2. Where do I submit my paper application? Lagos or Ghana and their addresses please = You can submit in VFS center either in Lagos or Abuja. For Abuja, the address is Silver bird entertainment center, Central Area. Abuja.

3. How do I make my make my application payment and biometric payment? = All payment will be made at VFS center.

4. Where should I address my recommendation letter to? = recommendation letter? If this mean SOP/LOE, I address mine to:

High Commission of Canada,
Visa Section,
P.O.Box 1639,
Accra,
Ghana.

However, you don't need to bother yourself much, just go to the application center with original copies, photocopies, enough money - 100k (application and biometrics). You will be rightly guided and there should not be a problem.

Jejelaye1

jeri:
Please house I need urgent response to all these questions and no insult please I need real answers, thanks

1. I am doing paper application for Canada study permit, should I submit my original credentials along with the copies and how do I get my original credentials back?
2. Where do I submit my paper application? Lagos or Ghana and their addresses please

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Shancca: 10:21am On Oct 26, 2017
Oben209:

Did you do upfront medical?.

not at all..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=justwise post=58862664][/quote]Hello chief, any prospects for persons interested in studying Architect in Canada as an undergraduate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2017
jeri:

Hello Boss, Congratulations on your admission.
1-) Be guided that you are only expected to submit Originals of bank statement, Originals Letter of sponsorship addressed to the embassy at Accra, Originals Passport.

All other documents should be photocopies in as much as your documents won't be returned back to you after your application has been processed expect your ORIGINAL PASSPORT.

2-) You are expected to submit your application at VFS Lagos. The address is stated therein.

√√Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos
Manor Hall, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I – Lagos√√

3-) Since you are going for paper route you are mandated to pay for your application fees of 55,000 and complete your biometrics at the VFS Office Lagos.

4-)
All letters are addressed to the below addresss:

High Commission Of Canada
Visa Section,
P. O. Box 1639,
Accra Ghana.

Please endeavour next time you make google your best friend and other search engines.
Also try as much as possible to read through Page 0 of this thread to get relevant information. Then come here and ask related questions, you seem not to understand.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Chinlov: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2017
hello gurus,

please i need guidance for PhD application and Gmat hints.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bigmove: 10:53am On Oct 26, 2017
bigmove:
hello everyone,
please how do I get additional page for employment section as the provided one cannot contain the required past 10years experience??
Thanks in advance...

Gurus in the house please help oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2017
Tunba28:

Please how much did you get the conversion rate, I need to make a payment of $2,200 CAD too. Thanks

1770 usd ×360 for gtbank thou
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jeri(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

1-) Be guided that you are only expected to submit Originals of bank statement, Originals Letter of sponsorship addressed to the embassy at Accra, Originals Passport.

All other documents should be photocopies in as much as your documents won't be returned back to you after your application has been processed expect your ORIGINAL PASSPORT.

2-) You are expected to submit your application at VFS Lagos. The address is stated therein.

3-) Since you are going for paper route you are mandated to pay for your application fees of 55,000 and complete your biometrics at the VFS Office Lagos.

4-)

Visa Section,
P. O. Box 1639,
Accra Ghana.

Please endeavour next time you make google your best friend and other search engines.
Also try as much as possible to read through Page 0 of this thread to get relevant information. Then come here and ask related questions, you seem not to understand.

Cheers!

Thanks very much, is the application fee payment made at the VFS office during submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2017
please family....can anyone share their experience about this homestay stuff ..staying with a Canadian family

Also,for someone in finance related course going for may 2018 intake pgd 8 months..what are the prospect of getting residence permit ,though sole plan is later going fr msc after sometime and do my CPA too as an accountant....love yall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2017
So I just went to pick up my passport and I was denied. Reasons is DAT the person sponsoring me is not related to me. He is a family friend! So sad. So what can I do now cos I would want to reapply but I really do not have someone who is related to me that can sponsor. Pls someone advice me on wat to do. Thanks
Austinpee4:

I'm afraid you application has been refused. It is mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to a study permit approval .The only exception is when your program is less than 6 months.

A right thing to do is to get you returned document, enlighten people here about the reason(s) for the refusal and folks here will proffer a suggestive path to follow incase you consider reapplying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 11:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Lols
Just do as instructed.......

Jejelaye1:

1. I am doing paper application for Canada study permit, should I submit my original credentials along with the copies and how do I get my original credentials back?= I did online application. However, in my opinion, photocopies will be sufficient for your application.

2. Where do I submit my paper application? Lagos or Ghana and their addresses please = You can submit in VFS center either in Lagos or Abuja. For Abuja, the address is Silver bird entertainment center, Central Area. Abuja.

3. How do I make my make my application payment and biometric payment? = All payment will be made at VFS center.

4. Where should I address my recommendation letter to? = recommendation letter? If this mean SOP/LOE, I address mine to:

High Commission of Canada,
Visa Section,
P.O.Box 1639,
Accra,
Ghana.

However, you don't need to bother yourself much, just go to the application center with original copies, photocopies, enough money - 100k (application and biometrics). You will be rightly guided and there should not be a problem.

Jejelaye1

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
10shuare:
So I just went to pick up my passport and I was denied. Reasons is DAT the person sponsoring me is not related to me. He is a family friend! So sad. So what can I do now cos I would want to reapply but I really do not have someone who is related to me that can sponsor. Pls someone advice me on wat to do. Thanks
Your sponsor does not have to be related to you. The VO was only not satisfied that your sponsor will truly sponsor you. I suggest you pay your first year tuition and have funds for your living expenses in convertible currency. Doing this will mean that you have access to funds for your first year which is the main thing officers look out for.

You can add an affidavit of sponsorship from your sponsor too.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Majestgift: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house, Please i want to know if universities in Canada accepts international students for spring semester, as am already late for Winter semester.
I wish to apply to MUN and UPEI, and your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by matic12: 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

4-)

Visa Section,
P. O. Box 1639,
Accra Ghana.

Cheers!

kindly, clarify sir......

All the letter I submitted was addressed to:

The Consular officer,
Canadian Deputy High Commission Office,
2, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Me too o

matic12:

kindly, clarify sir......

All the letter I submitted was addressed to:

The Consular officer,
Canadian Deputy High Commission Office,
2, Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OmalichaUC: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
OmalichaUC:
Pls house, I need the $5 GCMS NOTES link. Thank you.
Please can someone help me with this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nwebele:
Hello everyone, I got my gcms notes yeaterday and it goes like this "40 year old married mother seeking SP attend a Law Clerk Program at Humber College. Financing from family business- funds seen and appear ok. PPT shows good travel history Personal finance appears modest PA is on a resident permit in ........ Application shows gap in work history and in education. Study plan suggests she is pursuing program to help with the business which they want to grow but the program is a Law Clerk one and not a business administration one Not satisfied with purpose and intent. Refused"

I have gained admission in my country of resident to do a PGD in Business Administration. But I still have my mind in Canada. Do you think I have chances if i apply for masters after my pgd? Because this VOs keep giving reasons. First was finance and personal asset. Now Purpose and intent

The VO did you a favor by pointing you in the right direction. What does law clerk have to do with business?

From your Statement, you already know what to do...do the PGD where you are and apply for masters. It might be a good idea to address in your SOP why you're going back to school at your age.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by someborry(m): 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
OmalichaUC:

Exactly with mine and PhocusJosh. It's like they dish the same reasons to every Nigerian applicant. Sorry bro. If you mean business you gaht to repackage.

Problem is I don't even know what to work on or repackage on the application so I don't make the same mistakes. hope gurus can advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Shancca: 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
Oben209:

Did you do upfront medical?.
not at all..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Msp: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hello all,
Please for those that applied online, does IRCC accept online generated statement of accounts Or you have to do suffer head and scan the paper statements? Please anybody with experience epp me. Vfs has stopped submission of application without passport. It's now mandatory to submit your passport with your documents.

Welp pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Philadelphia: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
Somebody please reply me.
I have been accepted for M.Sc in McGill and I've been required to pay $300 CAD as deposit. Is this the only amount that I need to pay before I proceed to apply for my TRV?
Also, is it when I get to Canada that I will be required to pay my tuition. Please reply, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 10shuare: 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
OK thks can I reapply immediately or I should defer my admission and wait for the next 6 months [qquote author=Austinpee4 post=61786493]
Your sponsor does not have to relate to you. The VO was only not satisfy that your sponsor will truly sponsor you. I suggest you pay your first year tuition and have funds for your living expenses in convertible currency. Doing this will mean that you have access to funds for your first year which is the main thing officers look out for.

You can add an affidavit of sponsorship from your sponsor too. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Msp: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
The 300$ is mandatory to hold down your seat. But if you want to pay the whole tuition I guess it's okay to do so. Ask your school if you can pay? paying your tuition strengthens your application.

Philadelphia:
Somebody please reply me.
I have been accepted for M.Sc in McGill and I've been required to pay $300 CAD as deposit. Is this the only amount that I need to pay before I proceed to apply for my TRV?
Also, is it when I get to Canada that I will be required to pay my tuition. Please reply, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maygreaves(m): 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mikky4canny:
list of TRV hopefuls (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical Mail 14th february
2. Ayos16, Submitted 22nd Dec,2016, Upfront Medical.
3. Ayoola03, 12th Jan, MESc UofWestern Ontario, paper route, Upfront Medical (passed). APPROVED 08/06/2017
4. Yamen21, Jan 13th, MSc MUN, Paper route, upfront medicals passed 27th Jan
5.Vinci500 January 18th, Msc. Uof BritColumbia, Online Route.
6. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route. Medical mail 24th April. Medical passed 12th May, APPROVED 11th July 2017

7. Deckonne February 3rd, PGD Lambton, Upfront Medical. APPROVED 23rd February
8. VVVVVV February 18th,UDalhoiuse, Online Route, Upfront Medicals.
9. Yemdogg, February 21, MA, CMU, Paper Route.DELAYED
10. Piethewitch, March 8th, ....Durham College, Paper route, Approved.
11. Ibbravura, March 9, Masters applied computer science, Dalhousie university, Paper route, APPROVED on 25th July
12. Kof99, March 9, PGD, Humber college, online route
13. Proxy, March 11, PGC Georgian College, Online Route.
14. Akanmu2013, 14th march,online PGD Seneca college
15. Osemigho, March 14, MA, UofCalgary, Upfront Medical passed. APPROVED on 06/07/2017
16. Trexxbanks,March 14th,PGD,Durham college,online route
17. Maxicon, March 14, PGD UWinnipeg, Upfront Medical, Paper route
18. Newman10100(lil bro), March 22, Master of Comp.sc URegina, online route.
19. Canadian nurse, March 28,university of Manitoba, paper route. Med&Evidence of fee Paymt rqt on 04/05. Med Passed on 15/05.APPROVED

20. Kprake9, March 29, Pilot training, Paper Route, Upfront Medical.
21. bdcity2, march 30, PGD, NSCC, paper route.....DELAYED May 2017
22. aliACCA, March 31, MA, UoM, Paper Route, Upfront Medical Passed.
23. Ozzy 2, April 3rd, LLM, York University, Paper Route, Upfront Medical passed.
24. Darrelah, April 3rd, MSc, University of Regina, Online route
25. Chonewillie, April 11, LLM, USask Paper Route, Medical mail 31/05, APPROVED on 04/07/2017
26. Maziude, April 17th, phd, uottawa,onliine route, Medical mail on 24/04. Medical passed 2/5/. PR-11/05 APPROVED on 19/05/2017
27. Kranjar, April 18, MA, UNB, paper route, upfront medical.
28. Ope100, April 19th, College Diploma, Holland College, Online route.
29. Folumade1, April 19, Humber College PGC Global Business Management, Paper route, upfront medical
30. newman1010 , April 22 Master of Finance, SMU, online route.
31. CPA01, April 25th, MBA, University of New Brunswick, paper route
32. SmartLawyer, April 26, PhD in Law, Queen’s University,online route MEDICAL REQUEST- PR and APPROVED ON 14/06/2017
33. Gfeuxay, April 27th, pgc, Centennial college, Paper route.
34. Tobyharze, April 28, PGC, Conestoga college, paper route, upfront medical.
35. Judebebo32 , April 28 , PhD University of Saskatchewan, online route. APPROVED on 09/05/2017
36. O2, May 2, Post Baccaleurate diploma Thompson Rivers University, paper route, Upfront Medical Passed
37. tysaxmalomo, May 2, MA, CMU, Online route
38. DeCrystal1, may 8, UG, keyano college, online route
39. Rocorleone, May 10, MASc, Paper ,Upfront Medicals
40. uvagho,May10, MA Peace &Collaborative development, CMU, Online route
41. Yasmine04, May 11, M.sc computer science, lakehead university, Paper route
42. PureRuby May 12, Msc Geology, UWO,Paper route, Upfront medicals passed
43. adiukuonyebuchi, May 16, PGD, college of the Rockies British Columbia, Paper Route
44. bosbebe, May 17, MBA, VIU, Paper route
45. Samo16, May 18, Masters in Applied human nutrition, MSVU Nova Scotia, Paper route. Upfront Medicals
46. Sugaro, May 16, PGD, MUN, online route, Upfront medicals
47. LightandDarkness, May 19, MSc, UofA, Online
48. deolutolu, May 26, diploma, RRC, paper route.
49. Tjaz, May 26, Master in Power systems, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals PASSED
50. Frankrobbn1, May31, UG, MUN, Paper Route, Upfront Medicals PASSED
51. McOsheBaba May 31, Msc, Dalhousie, Online Route
52. SPOILT9JAOLOSHO, May 31, MA, UNB, Paper Route
53. Igbouwanile, June 1, MA, UNB, Paper Route.
54. Cnwag, June 3, Msc, UOttawa, online route
55. DrND, June 5, MASc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MUN, paper route, Upfront medicals Passed.
56. Samjumbo, June 6, MSc. Rehab Sciences, UWO, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
57. 4Gzus, June 7, MSc , USASK, Paper Route, Upfront medicals Passed
58. Maygreaves, June 7, PGD Financial Planning, Seneca College, Paper Route Approved 24/10
59. OpeLovely, June 9, MSc, MSVU, Paper route, Upfront medicals
60. Emmane, June 9, PGC, Loyalist College, Paper route, Upfront medicals.
61. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals
62. Vanod, june 13, Dip International Business, Seneca College, Upfront Medicals
63. Alantobie​, June13, MSc, Concordia University, Paper route, upfront medicals passed
64. mcobex, June 16, tech Dip, MUN, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed July 5th
65. Kayeyes, June 23, diploma, Northern lights college, BC, paper route.
66.Ceslause, Submitted 18th April 2017,MA French and Francophone Intercultural Studies,Univ of Regina,Upfront Medical,Paper route
67. Yitodoo June 5th, Msc, WLU online route app, Upfront Medical
68. Mabs16, July 4, UG, MRU, Paper route.
69. DereI, April 28, PDD - Camosun College, Paper RouteDELAYED July 2017
70. Yomalicious June 19th PGD McGill paper route. Upfront medicals [color=#990000][/color]Delayed August 3
71. Jahluv, 23 June,Msc MUN paper route, no upfront medical
72. Grace101, July 12 UG, upei Paper Route
73. Mikky4canny, July 15th MSC, university of Regina, online route, upfront medical
74. Juicyboy126, may 9th, UNB MSC , computer science, paper route
75. Hallasheyi92, May 23rd, MAsc , MuN , online route
76. Jummolami , June 8, MSC Business economics, online route,upfront medical June 8, medical passed August 4
77. Moley22 August 4th,BSc Paper route,Biometrics done

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.