Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830797 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2017
JayFaddy:

I want to be able to concentrate fully on my studies hence my reason for leaving them behind. I'm also using a sponsor and its not logical having someone sponsor my kids and I.
What do u advise?

The wellbeing of your kids comes first and in Canada and other western worlds children wellbeing are a priority.

Your ambition to pursue your education in detriment of your young kids is actually wrong. At this age they need you more than anyone else and no matter how high you attend in terms of education and career if you are not there for those kids at this tender age then those achievements means nothing.

No matter how ambitious you are if you don't factor-in your kids in your planing then you haven't started.

Tell me this..what will happen if you don't travel to Canada now for studies? Will you lose your job? Starve or unable to look after your family?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by CAstruggle(m): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2017
esteeino13:

indeed God is the greatest, congrats dear. pls can u explain those abbreviations.. the only one I know there ppr.. pls help me with the rest congrats again

Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission.

BG: Not Applicable (NA1)
Medical passed – (MEP)
BG: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
BG: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
BG: In Progress (IP2) –
BG: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
PPR: Passport Request
CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence
So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP3 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day, PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible is many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 10:32am On Nov 11, 2017
Nogen:

Greatest Akokite! Amen!!! Ensure you submit a tight application and trust God to seal it.

Aunty Nogen tnx. pls tell uncle Jeremy and uncle Mazuide to help me on my application sad cry

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by kcwitch(m): 10:57am On Nov 11, 2017
Hello everyone,
I finally settled on some university choices and MUN tops the list. But can anyone please help me with the advantages and disadvantages of MUN. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by awuf: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2017
justwise:

The wellbeing of your kids comes first and in Canada and other western worlds children wellbeing are a priority.

Your ambition to pursue your education in detriment of your young kids is actually wrong. At this age they need you more than anyone else and no matter how high you attend in terms of education and career if you are not there for those kids at this tender age then those achievements means nothing.

No matter how ambitious you are if you don't factor-in your kids in your planing then you haven't started.

Tell me this..what will happen if you don't travel to Canada now for studies? Will you lose your job? Starve or unable to look after your family?

Wow! Things are changing by the day.
It was also on this thread, part 10 or so, that I saw an infant's refusal. VO wrote PA approved as she seems a genuine student and primary purpose of going to Canada is for study and not babysitting. The baby's application was denied.

I think she was not elaborate enough as to how her children will be taken care of in her absence and concentrated more on why she wasn't going with them. My 2cents though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by maplemum2017: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2017
awuf:

It was also on this thread, part 10 or so, that I saw an infant's refusal. VO wrote PA approved as she seems a genuine student and primary purpose of going to Canada is for study and not babysitting. The baby's application was denied.

I think she was not elaborate enough as to how her children will be taken care of in her absence and concentrated more on why she wasn't going with them. My 2cents though

As a mother I dont see any reason why you cant leave your kids for study initially. I just belive the V.Os have a particular target of visas to give and so any avenue to deny is used....if she was taking children he would have definetely cited purpose of visit.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by eldee365: 11:42am On Nov 11, 2017
@CAstruggle

morning Boss, For a student with just one year Nysc work experience nko?

What do you think?

can i get ppr?

i meant for the Express Entry stuff.

Age ===>23
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2017
awuf:

Explain to me how she will be able to explain to the VO that 4 and 2 yrs old kids will be taken care of in her absence,

The husband will stay home to look after them or a family member?

This is not a month or two thing but at least a year long thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
JoseJonn:

Aunty Nogen tnx. pls tell uncle Jeremy and uncle Mazuide to help me on my application sad cry

They didn't work on my application. I did it myself but gave them to review my SOP and asked some questions where I needed help. Please get to work and then ask questions where necessary. Jerry can review your SOP. He is not in school now. Maziude is very busy now but tries to assist once in awhile.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
awuf:

That's the thing. Mothers going should research daycare Centres and schools near the University. Write to them to demand a space for your child/children. I did all that and got 2 daycare centres willing to accept us. In my case, my children have been attending school since they were 3 months. They are used to classroom setting . I cited that too. So it would not pose any challenge.

There's no way on Earth, I would concentrate on my studies if my children are in Nigeria while I'm in Canada. Depression will set in walahi!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Sharles: 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
CAstruggle:
Hello guys,

I wish to share my joy with all of you on this thread, because just like you i was planning on going to Canada on student visa come January. I applied for masters to several schools but none gave me admission. As at May this year i started applying to colleges in Ontario and got admission. I have read through Canada Student Visa Threads after seeing some seniors here discuss how they got PR via Express Entry. I made up my mind to dump applying for student VISA and went for PR because of the rate of rejection for Student Visa. @Osemigho can bear me witness. His post also inspired me he has his PR now as well. In just a month i have gotten my PPR while my cousin who submitted student Visa even before i created my express entry profile is yet to get his visa.

My advise is that, if you have the work experience go for Express Entry. Use the big school fees money as POF. When you get your PR you can easily get admission into your school of choice even at a cheaper rate.

Below is my timeline:

FSW-O
WES – 31 AUG 2017
1st IELTS – 03 AUG 2017
2nd IELTS – 09 SEP 2017

CRS - 441

ITA – 4 OCT 2017
AOR – 10 OCT 2017
MEP – 24 OCT 2017
IP1 – 25 OCT 2017
NA2 – 27 OCT 2017
IP2 - 9 OCT
PPR: 11 NOV

Thanks everyone for all the contribution. Its still like a dream... I never thought i would get PPR now.

Above all... Pray Pray Pray

God is the greatest.

I sent you a PM.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nogen:

That's the thing. Mothers going should research daycare Centres and schools near the University. Write to them to demand a space for your child/children. I did all that and got 2 daycare centres willing to accept us. In my case, my children have been attending school since they were 3 months. They are used to classroom setting . I cited that too. So it would not pose any challenge.

There's no way on Earth, I would concentrate on my studies if my children are in Nigeria while I'm in Canada. Depression will set in walahi!

Exactly! That is why daycare is there. If you have a viable plan in place and the financial ability to take care of your children while in school, It is not a problem with VOs approving your visa. That is how Nogen won her visa. Personally I don't advice people to leave their children behind as home ties, when a husband can fufil the same role as home ties. The bond of a mother and child is one of the strongest known to man, most mothers can't stand separation with their children and rightfully so. Leave your children behind only if you don't have the money to cater for them in Canada as the cost of such care is very expensive, almost like the care of an adult. $10k a year.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by rosegoldd: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nogen:
With great joy in my heart, I want to inform us that my application I submitted exactly 2 weeks today has been APPROVED!

cangrats ,we thankGod for your swift and successful visa application

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by hotcakept2: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
I will like to do my masters in canada

Can someone be kind enough to post the procedures

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
Bro please let me send you a mail for SOP review. I have done that in the past - not just you but also to other gurus and yet no response from anyone. Please help a brother. God bless

jnyuwa02:

Exactly! That is why daycare is there. If you have a viable plan in place and the financial ability to take care of your children while in school, It is not a problem with VOs approving your visa. That is how Nogen won her visa. Personally I don't advice people to leave their children behind as home ties, when a husband can fufil the same role as home ties. The bond of a mother and child is one of the strongest known to man, most mothers can't stand separation with their children and rightfully so. Leave your children behind only if you don't have the money to cater for them in Canada as the cost of such care is very expensive, almost like the care of an adult. $10k a year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dannydenzy: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
Rocorleone:
Attaching the stated documents is fine.
But be sure your previous work experience coincides with your prospective study. This also is well important and if it does go for a Master program instead of PGD.
I hope this helps.

I studied microbiology in my undergraduate and applied for masters in vaccinology and immunotherapeutics. Both area are related
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adeoyeyemi(m): 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hello @jnyuwa02, please, i would like you to kindly help me on my SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SimmsK(f): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hello everyone. Didn't know about this thread until I got denied a study permit. Here's my profile:
Submitted 7th June 2017 got a refusal early September with the following documents:
Letter of acceptance from Niagra College to study PGD in Environmental Management &Assessment
Receipt of fully paid tuition fees for the 1 year of study
My resume
Unofficial Transcript (1st degree in Industrial Chemistry )
Police Character Clearance Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Son's Birth Certificate
My birth certificate
Employment letter
ID Card ( Role: Environmental Research & Sustainability Analyst)
6 months pay slip
Letter of consent from husband
Husbands passport page
Statement of purpose of two pages (But maybe wasn't even half as good as it should have been)
Old & New passport pages
My 6 months bank statement (showing salary inflow but low balance
6 months bank statement of savings account showing a bank draft of 3M from my sponsor who's my dad
My dad's landed assets and bank statement with a balance of about 14M
Family composition for study permit questionnaire
Main form
Waec Certificate
Degree Certificate

I got a message on the 8th of September that I should come pick up my passport. On the grounds of:
Purpose of visit
Travel history (I have Virgin passport)
US visa refusal not declared
Have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada
Family ties in Canada and country of residence

I recently travelled to Dubai with my son and husband. Now am about to travel to SA alone though. My twin brother in Canada (travelled since 2014 December ) requested for GCMS and here is what they said:

Refused A/16. Integrated search done. US Visa refusal (s) not declared. Having reviewed the file in its entirety. I am not satisfied that the applicant is eligible for a study permit as per R216:- the applicant has failed to satisfy me that the course of studis is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits. The local options available for similar studies, and the applicants personal circumstances. The applicant has failed to stingy me that the probability of funding for future years exists. I am not satisfied that the applicant is a genuine TR who would depart Canada before the end of the authorised stay as per R179, having taken into consideration travel history/family tiwa/ source of funds/ purpose of travwl/failing to answer all questions on the application truthfully.
I plan to apply again January/ Winter 2018. But I need help with my SOP on how to even go about it. Then what I can do better. Should I not put forward my statement of account at all only my sponsors? Then is the program ok cos Masters isn't so easy to get. I had a second class upper with Cgpa of 3.87. Pls help....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by awuf: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2017
maplemum2017:

As a mother I dont see any reason why you cant leave your kids for study initially. I just belive the V.Os have a particular target of visas to give and so any avenue to deny is used....if she was taking children he would have definetely cited purpose of visit.

The bolded is so true
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
hamddy:

Exactly as the message I received yesterday. I was denied too. Just trying to get off the shock don't really know if I can reapply.
am reapplying o!
I PM-ed you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Somat4ril(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
Guys, a quick one please.. Does one's sponsor being a PR holder gives an applicant any edge in the visa application process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Markab: 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
I really do not think there is a plus for having a PR or citizen as sponsor, infact from experience, you have to demonstrate having strong ties back in your home country to avert being perceived as an economic migrant. In order words, it's always better to have your sponsor in your home country or in another country but Canada. My opinion though! .

It's been a while here family, good luck to us all

Somat4ril:
Guys, a quick one please.. Does one's sponsor being a PR holder gives an applicant any edge in the visa application process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
Officialcomo:
Bro please let me send you a mail for SOP review. I have done that in the past - not just you but also to other gurus and yet no response from anyone. Please help a brother. God bless

Send again. But realize I am very busy if I don't get back to you immediately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
JayFaddy:

I want to be able to concentrate fully on my studies hence my reason for leaving them behind. I'm also using a sponsor and its not logical having someone sponsor my kids and I.
What do u advise?
You are right to leave them behind since you are not sponsoring yourself. A well structured sop will do justice to that(that you want to fully concentrate on studies that's why you intend going alone, that your husband and your mum or his mum will be taking credit of the children while you are away..... your husband should also write a letter stating he supports the idea.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
adeoyeyemi:
Hello @jnyuwa02, please, i would like you to kindly help me on my SOP.

Pm me, but realize I am very busy and have a life, if I don't get back to you quickly. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
dannydenzy:

Pls can help me review my sop and application

Pm me, but realize I am very busy and have a life, if I don't get back to you quickly. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
justwise:

I disagree with you on this bro. She is using a third party as sponsor so any move for her to include her children will be a RED FLAG, I will advise she applies without them and state that she wants to concentrate on studies and that her husband and mother/mother-in-law will be the ones taken care of the children while she is away. Her husband should also write a letter stating he is fully in support of the move

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adeoyeyemi(m): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Would do that. Much thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Officialcomo: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
Ok bro. I will send it. Thank you very much!

jnyuwa02:

Send again. But realize I am very busy if I don't get back to you immediately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nogen:

This lady's case is different as she is using a third party as sponsor, so if she includes her two children the financial burden will be much on the sponsor which will in turn affect her application. I still say that she should explain and tell the vo that her husband and no mum will take good care of the children while she is away and to seal everything that husband and if possible the mum should write letter of support that the children will be in good care with them. SHIKENA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
JayFaddy:

@jnyuwa02 as the new of King SOP, please help review my GCMS notes and advise. Thanks

Haba, King of Sop now? Only the day before yesterday, I was getting tarred and feathered and beaten up by everyone just because I had the audacity to state what I believe is true challenging some of the status quo held believes here, now I have become the king of SOP? My people, my people, my people ooh! How many times did I call your name? Oh for the grace of God, send me let me see what I can do for you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2017
SimmsK:
Hello everyone. Didn't know about this thread until I got denied a study permit. Here's my profile:
Submitted 7th June 2017 got a refusal early September with the following documents:
Letter of acceptance from Niagra College to study PGD in Environmental Management &Assessment
Receipt of fully paid tuition fees for the 1 year of study
My resume
Unofficial Transcript (1st degree in Industrial Chemistry )
Police Character Clearance Certificate
Marriage Certificate
Son's Birth Certificate
My birth certificate
Employment letter
ID Card ( Role: Environmental Research & Sustainability Analyst)
6 months pay slip
Letter of consent from husband
Husbands passport page
Statement of purpose of two pages (But maybe wasn't even half as good as it should have been)
Old & New passport pages
My 6 months bank statement (showing salary inflow but low balance
6 months bank statement of savings account showing a bank draft of 3M from my sponsor who's my dad
My dad's landed assets and bank statement with a balance of about 14M
Family composition for study permit questionnaire
Main form
Waec Certificate
Degree Certificate

I got a message on the 8th of September that I should come pick up my passport. On the grounds of:
Purpose of visit
Travel history (I have Virgin passport)
US visa refusal not declared
Have sufficient and available financial resources without working in Canada
Family ties in Canada and country of residence

I recently travelled to Dubai with my son and husband. Now am about to travel to SA alone though. My twin brother in Canada (travelled since 2014 December ) requested for GCMS and here is what they said:

Refused A/16. Integrated search done. US Visa refusal (s) not declared. Having reviewed the file in its entirety. I am not satisfied that the applicant is eligible for a study permit as per R216:- the applicant has failed to satisfy me that the course of studis is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits. The local options available for similar studies, and the applicants personal circumstances. The applicant has failed to stingy me that the probability of funding for future years exists. I am not satisfied that the applicant is a genuine TR who would depart Canada before the end of the authorised stay as per R179, having taken into consideration travel history/family tiwa/ source of funds/ purpose of travwl/failing to answer all questions on the application truthfully.
I plan to apply again January/ Winter 2018. But I need help with my SOP on how to even go about it. Then what I can do better. Should I not put forward my statement of account at all only my sponsors? Then is the program ok cos Masters isn't so easy to get. I had a second class upper with Cgpa of 3.87. Pls help....

Man this your case is a very hard one to overcome. Having lied or omitted the fact that you were denied a USA visa, what makes you think they will believe you this second time if you file? I will say when you file your next application to tell the truth that you were denied USA visa before and explain why you omitted. Applying for masters program and getting in will make your application stronger than a PGD. Second class upper will definitely get you a masters program as this is what most schools in Canada accept for admission from Nigerian applicants. That lack of credibility finding carried over to why they didn't believe your sponsorship and even the one year fees you paid. In fact, it tainted everything, even your family ties that you showed. Soiled your credibility on everything you submitted to them.

Keep the sponsors when you file next and tell the truth. Resubmit everything, but do get into a masters program. There are no guarantees that you will get a second chance having been caught in a lie before. But you can try and I wish you the best. Nothing is impossible. By all means though, have plan B. Start looking for school in Germany. Many of them are tuition free. And visa not as hard as USA and Canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.