Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827877 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by 4peace4: 11:13am On Nov 28, 2017
JoseJonn:
I just want to say God bless uncle jnyuwa!
yes ooo abundantly although he hasn't replied to my pm yet but I have been seeing efforts made by him to help novice out.I initially thought he was a she bcuz jny seemed to me like the short form of Jennifer lolzzzz

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by AKUPSME: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2017
Good morning Everyone,
Please how do I notarize my documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2017
hotcakept2:
Austinpee.....can someone that graduated with 2.50 CGPA go for masters in economics in canada? If yes, which university in canada accept such CGPA?
I hardly would know precisely any school that would accept your CGPA. You need to search for yourself and read the minimum requirements for your interested program. So do well by identifying your area of interest and use the internet resources to your advantage. Also note that admission is not only subjected to your CGPA. Depending on the type of master program you are interested in, requirements could cut across a sound research interest proposal, exceptionally good academic or professional profile etc.

All these informations are usually stated on the website of most universities in Canada but firstly, you'll have to meet the minimum requirement for the program you are interested in. Sadly, It may be highly competitive considering your CGPA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by aranymous: 12:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hi Austineepee,

Please could i send you a PM, i need help reviewing my SOP..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2017
House please I need help .. I wanna order for gcms file thru https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation, am there is a audition that day I must be a PR or citizen , how do I go about that

Please which route had the 5$ price tag
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jfan(m): 1:59pm On Nov 28, 2017
hicanada:
I applied for Interdisciplinary PhD at MUN this Winter 2018. Application status says Decision Made, but nothing is communicated to me yet. What does it mean?

The decision must have been sent to the mailing address provided during application. You can mail gradapply@mun.ca starting your situation. Please include your student number and date of birth.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hello My Senior,

Am resulting to apply for MASc in mechanical engineering because it seems am not getting PhD admission.

My question is that can I used my published journal paper at M. Eng (GPA 3.64), in Nigeria as supporting documents while contacting professor, though myB.Eng, GPA is low 2.86.
Because I had published one journal.

Do I need to let them know I have done one Master before but now I would like do another?
Plz advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Fantastic2m(m): 2:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
olugere:

Hello My Senior,

Am resulting to apply for MASc in mechanical engineering because it seems am not getting PhD admission.

My question is that can I used my published journal paper at M. Eng (GPA 3.64), in Nigeria as supporting documents while contacting professor, though myB.Eng, GPA is low 2.86.
Because I had published one journal.

Do I need to let them know I have done one Master before but now I would like do another?
Plz advise.
Yes you have to divulge all info. Indicating you want to do a second masters is not a problem, the problem usually is with getting a visa. Be ready with convincing reasons to demonstrate to the VO that a second masters is warranted and genuine and not simply as a means of effecting entry to Canada as an immigrant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Aallizzwellwole: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hello gurus in the house.. Pls I requested for my Gcms note for over 3weeks Now and haven't received any mail from embassy. I have mailed them several times on it. Pls guys please put me through on how to go about this.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

So I applied for my study permit 7th July,2017 and I’m yet to get a reply. It was 20weeks on Friday.
I’m thinking of sending a mail but my friends are saying I chill.
Please I need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OjoIberu: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2017
I appreciate all the wonderful support received on this forum. I just submitted my application but I did not pay for the first semester when I was submitting the online application. Can I go ahead and make the payment now? Is it acceptable to send the payment receipt from the school to cic by mail since there is no way to upload any document to the application again.

Pls advise the best approach in this case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by akmog: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nogen:

I have sent the mail. They are yet to respond. Thanks

Nogen, Pls any response from Cic? I have also send mail to them, but no response yet. Can u plz send me a pm, I tried sending to you but not successful. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
The applicant with a son, don't ever hide your son. Let them know you have a son. In your SOP, explain how he would be catered for and be taken care of in your absence.

Hide him today, you will hide him for life when immigration to Canada issues pop up tomorrow. I'm sure you wouldn't like that!

That's how I was advised not to include my children in my application because I could be denied. Thank God for conscience , Maziude and Jyunwa who encouraged and strengthened my belief in adding them to my application.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2017
akmog:

Nogen, Pls any response from Cic? I have also send mail to them, but no response yet. Can u plz send me a pm, I tried sending to you but not successful. Thanks.

I haven't o.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2017
Aallizzwellwole:
Hello gurus in the house.. Pls I requested for my Gcms note for over 3weeks Now and haven't received any mail from embassy. I have mailed them several times on it. Pls guys please put me through on how to go about this.[color=#000099][/color]
Hello bro,

it takes atleast 30days to be out. Relax.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by OFFICIALAEL: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2017
Nogen:

I haven't o.

Good day, can you please help me with reviewing my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
When submitting online, there is no need to print the cic forms for signature as they will request for the electronic signature?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
Aallizzwellwole:

Did you request for your note from the embassy? Please note it does not come from Embassy but from independent organization affiliated to CIC. In any case, it takes 30 to 40 days to arrive.

Good day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Oben209(f): 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2017
Tweesy:
I applied for a Study VIsa first week in August.I have sent Emails severally.
Scanning through Canadian website I saw the Minister of Immigration and Citizenship Canada email’s.

I am thinking of copying him when I send another mail.whats your take people?

Please can I pm you in regards of the mail stated above
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sucrecruz: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2017
phemmzy96:
Am 22 yrs applying for an undergraduate program. Am single but have a son.
Should i add dis in my application?

I will suggest you add your son so by the time you’re done and applying for your residency your son can come to Canada too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2017
Qadi:
When submitting online, there is no need to print the cic forms for signature as they will request for the electronic signature?

Can someone please answer me this,i just need a confirmation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Qadi:

I chose GCkey, is that strictly for online?

And this too? Plus i didn't get any the check list code when i created an account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2017
Frankrobbn1:

Hello Sir/Ma,
You are not legally married and you have a son.
I'm sorry that won't add any advantage to your TRV application. I don't see any reason adding such to your application, it will raise eye brows and visa officer will question such act and your intend to study. I have come across a particular GCMS Note where such was noted
[/b](APPLICANT NOT LEGALLY MARRIED BUT HAVE A CHILD, APPLICANT APPEARS TO BE USING STUDY PERMIT AS A MEANS TO FACILITATE RELOCATION TO CANADA. BASED ON THIS I'M NOT SATISFIED THAT APP IS A GENIUNE STUDENT, THAT WILL COMPLETE A COURSE OF STUDY IN CANADA AND DEPART. REFUSED!!!)[b]

Ask yourself this, you are travelling to study in Canada and you have a son that is dependant on you, what is his fate? Do you intend leaving him here being stranded without care until you finish your 4 years academic program. I want to believe you want to use him as your home tie right?
I must tell you that you don't have any legal claims/prove/evidence that he is truly your *SON*

My candid advice is you shouldn't add such to your application, it will lead to your visa been denied.

If you decide to go by that route, i'll best suggest you are legally married. So you can be able to claim the little boy as your SON by LAW.

I hope this helps
All the best!

Hmmmmmmmm..that son is a strong tie to nigeria....not a red flag....if he gives a good point of him having a child out of wed lock....and beside the he has parents or sibling that can take care of d son

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tweesy: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
Oben209:

Hello,
I replied to ur mail
Please can I pm you in regards of the mail stated above
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
Yes, you're right on track.
Qadi:

Can someone please answer me this,i just need a confirmation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ope100:
Yes, you're right on track.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ope100(m): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
Yes you can go ahead if you feel it'll aid the approval of your application. All the best
OjoIberu:
I appreciate all the wonderful support received on this forum. I just submitted my application but I did not pay for the first semester when I was submitting the online application. Can I go ahead and make the payment now? Is it acceptable to send the payment receipt from the school to cic by mail since there is no way to upload any document to the application again.

Pls advise the best approach in this case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2017
jnyuwa02:

It all boils down to if she has the financial support for her education in Canada and can prove she would return to Nigeria. I see the child's circumstance helping her, not disadvantaging her. She can come home every summer and see and spend time with son and she should state that in her SOP eloquently. Applications require grit and stamina and persuasion. Its a winnable case.

Yes oooooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Lagos2canna: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
Mysine:
Hello everyone,

So I applied for my study permit 7th July,2017 and I’m yet to get a reply. It was 20weeks on Friday.
I’m thinking of sending a mail but my friends are saying I chill.
Please I need your advice
If you used online route you can send a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
Lagos2canna:

If you used online route you can send a mail.

Thank you so much for replying

What if it’s paper route?

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.