Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (827845 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Vickenny: 9:05am On Dec 02, 2017
Congratulations. Been waiting for your testimony for a long time
Abiodunne:
yayyyyy help scream God is good!!!! Finally my application has been approved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by LifeIsGuhd(f): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2017
Congrats Abiodunne.
It can only get better!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nogen: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

Yes! Yes! Yes! Congratulations dear. Well deserved.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:22am On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:
As expected!! Congratulations bro. Happy for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2017
remebombom:
please how long did it take for you to get the admission. I applied there and I am still waiting for a reply.

Sorry for the late response it took about 2months. When did u apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Austinpee4: 11:30am On Dec 02, 2017
DareAkande:
So, this life can be very funny.

I wanted to school in Canada but due to circumstances beyond control, I can't go to Canada soon despite having my TRV approved.
Why is this so? I had two admissions: One in the USA and one in the university of Ottawa.
The school in the USA gave me a lot of funding and UOttawa didn't give me any funding. Still, I wanted to go to Canada.

I applied for the Canadian study permit visa in May and used the USA school as my back up.
Three months later (August, 2017), as I was not getting any younger, I had to get my USA visa because I could not model my progress on the uncertainty of the Canadian visa officers. Still I wanted to go to Canada.

I flew into the USA in September, 2017 and started my masters in the USA and I was blessed and excelled, I got more research, connections and exposure scholarships in the USA. Until October, 2017, I still wanted to go to Canada.

But as the visa application was not yet forthcoming, I had to send an email to the University of Ottawa to terminate my admission offer as I was not allowed to defer. This was in October, 2017.

Of course, I had settled down in the USA after all the blessings, hoping to complete my masters and apply for permanent residency in Canada.
I didn't tell CIC anything as I had paid non refundable application fees and I deserved to at least know the final status of my application

And that's how my TRV was approved on November 30, 2017. After I have already settled down in the USA. I don't even know where to start.

Firstly, congratulations!

I think you should follow the leading of your mind and do what you truly want and that which would give you peace of mind. If you can afford the fees in Canada, it's not a bad option. If you the USA education is giving you a lead start to you desirables academically, still not a bad option. Everything comes down to what it is for you and your goals. You should adequately identify them and proceed as you deem satisfactory.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by JoseJonn(f): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

yea I think that letter did some magic with the help of God. Thanks baba I really appreciate.

Mighty Congratulations Abiodunne!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by dayusin: 11:54am On Dec 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Mighty congratulations!! Must be that letter I helped you write asking them to process your application or withdraw you and refund all your money. They listen to things like that. God's help and your patience foremost. Go make us proud bro!! Mighty congrats!!

Bro I just sent you a pm. Please respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Twallace: 11:54am On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

Wow wow Congratulations bro..... You deserved it. God has proven Himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nowayo4Real: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
jnyuwa02:

Mighty congratulations!! Must be that letter I helped you write asking them to process your application or withdraw you and refund all your money. They listen to things like that. God's help and your patience foremost. Go make us proud bro!! Mighty congrats!!

Good Day!

Pls I need help from you gurus, I have been having challenges in writing my sop and paying application fees. Pls I would need suggestions on 1. The major points to address in my sop to make my application stands out of the crowd. 2. How to pay my application fees using naira credit card or other possible means. I am applying for MASc in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Thank you very much. I just got into this thread after several search for help, and hopefully my challenges will end here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by valenti12(m): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2017
Nowayo4Real:

Good Day!

Pls I need help from you gurus, I have been having challenges in writing my sop and paying application fees. Pls I would need suggestions on 1. The major points to address in my sop to make my application stands out of the crowd. 2. How to pay my application fees using naira credit card or other possible means. I am applying for MASc in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Thank you very much. I just got into this thread after several search for help, and hopefully my challenges will end here.
am guessing some scammers must have PM you on helping you pay the application fee. Any suggestion that isn't made openly here on this forum is a fraud.

Use a GTB or First Bank card to pay your app fee

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nowayo4Real: 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
valenti12:

am guessing some scammers must have PM you on helping you pay the application fee. Any suggestion that isn't made openly here on this forum is a fraud.

Use a GTB or First Bank card to pay your app fee

Thank you brother for your reply.
I tried using first bank card to pay but was declined. So while searching for alternative means, l was advised to buy dollars and use domiciliary account card for the payment that naira cards can't be used for international payment now based on present CBN polices. I am just wondering how others get their application fees paid.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mb92: 1:22pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello broand sisin please I need assistance I trying applying for gcms note bout they it's only the in Canada dat can apply for it I later got some one there bout the person was telling to pay 5,000 first even when I was trying explain to him dat the $5 written on the website is not even up to 2k bout he told me dat is not going collect Any less than that amout please am helpless if there is any one is Canada that can help me out with it or if someone can even share me the link of where am going to applying directly pleas am helpless and I really need it to address my issues
GodBless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

Ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppraise the lord oooooooooo

I said it.....before xmas you will rejoice....it has happened....and it is permanent...

Congratulations sir

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by RAY12345(m): 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:
Finally Finally, Victory at last. Congrats Abiodunne.

cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by funshow247(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

Praaaaise God! Eureka...
I am happy for you Abiodunne..ahn ahn wetin. Go and shine jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by HiredGames(m): 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2017
Nowayo4Real:

Thank you brother for your reply.
I tried using first bank card to pay but was declined. So while searching for alternative means, l was advised to buy dollars and use domiciliary account card for the payment that naira cards can't be used for international payment now based on present CBN polices. I am just wondering how others get their application fees paid.

Get a GTBank card.

Rate is at N290 to $1CAD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by emmanuelebhos: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2017
Can I apply for a canadian study permit in America? Am in Atlanta right I don't know what to do or document to take along with me. Please I need your help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Tombrook0: 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
Please guys between this two state, which is preferable to live.
How is the tax system there.

Newmarket, Ontario

Hazelton, British Columbia

I will appreciate ur kind response.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

Chai, I don't even know you and I'm so happy for you!!!!
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by abestine(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:

Wow! I have been waiting to receive your testimony... When God ordains a thing the devil can only try yo delay, but he can't deny it from becoming a reality... It is God that had done it, it is no man... You have a great destiny awaiting you in Canada as you can see for yourself from all this delay...

Congratulations bro... Go and succeed in Jesus name...

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2017
@jnyuwa02

Well done Sir!!!

You're doing an amazing job helping out.
Even though I don't always agree with everything you say lol

But kudos to you...TRV for all of us! Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2017
bbclue:

Ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppraise the lord oooooooooo

I said it.....before xmas you will rejoice....it has happened....and it is permanent...

Congratulations sir

I remember you said so!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2017
Tombrook0:
Please guys between this two state, which is preferable to live.
How is the tax system there.

Newmarket, Ontario

Hazelton, British Columbia

I will appreciate ur kind response.
Thanks

It's actually called provinces for Canada

You best get info from Google as most here don't live in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Adesire1: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2017
Abiodunne:
Congrats bro!!! Chai at last o... go and prosper o here! Haba
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Pyale: 8:39pm On Dec 02, 2017
Hello,
I will be going for my Biometric in Lagos on Monday. I was told it takes just 5 mins to do it. So was wondering if I should dress smartly or just any casual wear would do. I would prefer to dress casually, though. Those that have gone, please advise me so I don't go to Lagos with shoes that I don't need tomorrow. Thank you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
@ezducan

Please stop advertising that website here. People should use official Canadian embassy link to order their gcms.

No 3rd party website will be allowed here.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by UrRealG: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2017
justwise:
@ezducan

Please stop advertising that website here. People should use official Canadian embassy link to order their gcms.

No 3rd party website will be allowed here.
Chief, pls check your inbox. I mailed you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by UrRealG: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.