Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (828330 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2018
No ones has answer my questions since 4days

Plz Advise me

Looking at this, Employment letter of sponsor, 6 months Pay-slip.

I want to sponse myself but my net pay every month is around 10,000 natural because I have taken loan, but I want to get money from other sources to improve my account.

My question is that if my payslips read net pay of 10,000 naira won't it raise an issue with visa officer

But my gross is 113,000 naira before any deduction, should I offset all my loans from the payslip

Do you think is wise if pay money into my employer account to serve as if they are sponsoring me, because my employer has a good bank statement that is into millions.?

I am going for PGD in energy management 1 year Algonquin college.

How do I get landed property documents, though I have land but no papers on them

Plz advise me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
mcobex:
Congratulations, all you need do now is upload the medical receipt on your cic account or better still email it to fix immediately and let them know you have done the test already

My days I feel so stupid right now, I don’t think I made a photocopy and I just submitted it..
Do I go bk to the hospital or what?
I’m so confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by yamen21(m): 10:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
Please one quick question.

Is 6pages too much for SOP/LOE?
12font size, 1.5spacing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
Mysine:

My days I feel so stupid right now, I don’t think I made a photocopy and I just submitted it..
I’m so confused

What clinic did you use? if it's Children practice, simply call them and beg for a reprint to be sent to your mail. If you don't want to beg, just go to the clinic, you might be charged a token for refiling or whatever they call it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2018
yamen21:

12font size, 1.5spacing

In my own opinion, I think it's too long... most visa officer will not have time to read a 6 pages explanation considering the number of applications they process everytime.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 10:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
Mysine:

I’m so confused
I know the clinic must have sent the result to cic, try and go back to the clinic to see if you can get a new receipt(though tgey might charge you for it) hope you still remember the date you did the medical?
If you ask the clinic they will tell you the result has bee. sent but beg them to help you with the receipt so you can upload and send to cic just to hasten the process
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 11:54pm On Jan 31, 2018
bbclue:

FRANKROBBN ANYTIME I SEE YOUR POST on how to tackle refusal reasons I like going back to read it everyday....chai you finished work for the reasons God bless u for us here

God bless you more Ma!
How far with your application?. I can smell your TRV Approval soonest.

All the best!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 12:15am On Feb 01, 2018
WEIRDPC:

What clinic did you use? if it's Children practice, simply call them and beg for a reprint to be sent to your mail. If you don't want to beg, just go to the clinic, you might be charged a token for refiling or whatever they call it.

Abuja Clinics
Oh alright I’ll do that very early tomorrow. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Mysine: 12:19am On Feb 01, 2018
mcobex:
I know the clinic must have sent the result to cic, try and go back to the clinic to see if you can get a new receipt(though tgey might charge you for it) hope you still remember the date you did the medical?
If you ask the clinic they will tell you the result has bee. sent but beg them to help you with the receipt so you can upload and send to cic just to hasten the process

Yes I can still remeber the date, I have the receipt showing payment. But cic also sent a form for doctor to fill too? It also has a space for immigration medical examination grading and also panel physician declaration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:36am On Feb 01, 2018
gbemiigbal:

Frank thanks for this, but i intend to you my terminal benefit as part of my POF? Though will still collect letter of introduction from my company. Is it acceptable as my study is for 2 years. How do i explain this in my SOP (terminal benefit as POF)?

Regards

Hello gbemiigbal,

To the best of my knowledge i believe this has to do with personal loan secured by terminal benefits i.e the company you work for writes a letter to the bank confirming that if you leave they will pay off the loan using your terminal benefits and that your salary will be paid to that bank for the duration of the loan.?

How much is allocated to you as your terminal benefits??
How much is your tuition fees and living expenses 10KCAD?
Can this benefits settle for your tuition and living expenses?

These are the questions you ask yourself.
if it can settle for your expense in Canada and can be accounted for, then you use it.
Well generally cic accepts loans as Proof of funds, but can't really tell about terminal benefits.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MichyEhi: 1:50am On Feb 01, 2018
Evening guys,

So my 11 mil for application is broken down like this..

2 mil in my bank account
2 mil in a money market fund with ARM
And 8 mil with a company called Abuja Leasing Company.

Is this sufficient? Or should the money be moved around differently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 5:34am On Feb 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

God bless you more Ma!
How far with your application?. I can smell your TRV Approval soonest.

All the best!!!

Amen oooo

Please frankrobbn how can I explained lump sum of money in my sponsor letter...can I get sample letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Laurel10: 5:39am On Feb 01, 2018
Good day everyone, I'm currently trying to apply for an admission to do my master's in Canada through an agency. Currently, I heard Nigerians have been banned from entering Canada because of the illegal immigrants that crossed into Canada from U.S recently.

My question is, do you guys thinks I'd be able to secure a students visa if the admission pulls through. I don't want to waste my time and money only to end up disappointed. Even the agency told me that Canada isn't a good option for now.

Please I need your suggestions and advice ASAP, I have to start with fall semester, all things being equal.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 01, 2018
yamen21:

12font size, 1.5spacing

What're you writing in your SOP that you've 6 pages?
In SOP writing, make sure that every sentence counts. That is, every sentence must contain vital information that supports your application whicb will make the VO to read it to the end, otherwise, erase.

IMO, SOP should be 3 pages max.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 01, 2018
olugere:
No ones has answer my questions since 4days

Plz Advise me

Looking at this, Employment letter of sponsor, 6 months Pay-slip.

I want to sponse myself but my net pay every month is around 10,000 natural because I have taken loan, but I want to get money from other sources to improve my account.

My question is that if my payslips read net pay of 10,000 naira won't it raise an issue with visa officer

But my gross is 113,000 naira before any deduction, should I offset all my loans from the payslip

Do you think is wise if pay money into my employer account to serve as if they are sponsoring me, because my employer has a good bank statement that is into millions.?

I am going for PGD in energy management 1 year Algonquin college.

How do I get landed property documents, though I have land but no papers on them

Plz advise me

You want to sponsor yourself but your pay is 10k after loan deduction. You can see that this is not possible since you are going to submit 6 months SOA.

I would advise you get a sponsor that can submit SOA on your behalf and you keep some money in your account to show personal savings and submit SOA too.

For the land, you can do survey and power of attorney etc., and submit the papers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 8:13am On Feb 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hello gbemiigbal,

To the best of my knowledge i believe this has to do with personal loan secured by terminal benefits i.e the company you work for writes a letter to the bank confirming that if you leave they will pay off the loan using your terminal benefits and that your salary will be paid to that bank for the duration of the loan.?

How much is allocated to you as your terminal benefits??
How much is your tuition fees and living expenses 10KCAD?
Can this benefits settle for your tuition and living expenses?

These are the questions you ask yourself.
if it can settle for your expense in Canada and can be accounted for, then you use it.
Well generally cic accepts loans as Proof of funds, but can't really tell about terminal benefits.

No my terminal benefit is what is all my entitlement once i separate from my organization (not a personal loan). Though will get an intro letter from my office, but plan to use my emolument as POF when applying and this runs to up to 12m. I also have a personal savings of 5.6m. So can i use my separation benefit as POF?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:06am On Feb 01, 2018
bbclue:

Amen oooo

Please frankrobbn how can I explained lump sum of money in my sponsor letter...can I get sample letter

Hi bbclue,
I have no template available for that.
But from my experience in the Canadain student visa, this is one of the easiest refusal reason one can tackle on his/her GCMS NOTE. Your sponsor needs to address all lump sum deposit with concrete reasons and proof like where the origin of such amount of money is coming from.
Was it through business sales/transcations? You need to provide the receipts of such transactions.
House rents fees - provide reciepts issued to your tenants.
Sales of landed property - provide reciepts of the sold land.

There are no special way of addressing Lump sum deposit. Just provide proof and explanations and you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by WEIRDPC(m): 9:08am On Feb 01, 2018
Laurel10:

Good day everyone, I'm currently trying to apply for an admission to do my master's in Canada through an agency. Currently, I heard Nigerians have been banned from entering Canada because of the illegal immigrants that crossed into Canada from U.S recently.

My question is, do you guys thinks I'd be able to secure a students visa if the admission pulls through. I don't want to waste my time and money only to end up disappointed. Even the agency told me that Canada isn't a good option for now.

Please I need your suggestions and advice ASAP, I have to start with fall semester, all things being equal.

Thanks

Hello Laurel10,

Why are you using an agent for your admission application? It's something you can do yourself. If you're willing to go through the stress, you can get admitted without using an agent

There is no ban placed on all Nigerians. People from Nigeria are still getting their study permit every day. If you go through this thread a bit, you will definitely see recent testimonies.

The chances of getting a study permit is 50 50. Doing everything right and submitting every necessary documentations will definitely increase your chances. You can also get your study permit without using an agent. using an agent may even be detrimental to you as most of them are guilty of misrepresentation which gets people banned.

Best wishes.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:22am On Feb 01, 2018
gbemiigbal:

No my terminal benefit is what is all my entitlement once i separate from my organization (not a personal loan). Though will get an intro letter from my office, but plan to use my emolument as POF when applying and this runs to up to 12m. I also have a personal savings of 5.6m. So can i use my separation benefit as POF?

Sir!
Hope the said terminal benefits of 12M can be easily accessible and exported to Canada for your use? Because thats what the visa officer wants to be sure of and you need to provide proof to your claims, so you don't be a burden to the Canadian government.
Are you self sponsored? Personal savings 5.6M is good to an extent, but it really depends on what you are going to Canada to study, your tuition fees and living expenses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MichyEhi: 9:24am On Feb 01, 2018
Good morning guys..

Please any update on this??

Thank you!!

MichyEhi:
Evening guys,

2 mil in my bank account

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by gbemiigbal: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Sir!
Hope the said terminal benefits of 12M can be easily accessible and exported to Canada for your use? Because thats what the visa officer wants to be sure of and you need to provide proof to your claims, so you don't be a burden to the Canadian government.
Are you self sponsored? Personal savings 5.6M is good to an extent, but it really depends on what you are going to Canada to study, your tuition fees and living expenses.

Yes the terminal benefit can be easily accessible and exported. A document showing the breakdown of my terminal benefit is also available. My job is just to provide my company any account number (whether in Nigeria or Canada/America) i want the money deposited into, luckily i have a Bank of America account, so the money will be transferred there a month after separation. 5.6m is for living expenses as i would have paid my tuition (14000CAD)before applying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2018
MichyEhi:
Evening guys,

2 mil in my bank account

Hello MichyEhi,
Please be guided that Canadian embassy don't regard Company bank statement as proof of funds towards an applicant. The Visa officer knows that no company will spend her funds meant for the maintenance and upkeep/expense of the company to sponsor an applicant abroad. What have you done for the company to deserve such benefit?
How long have you worked for the company that they decide to sponsor you?
You can only include company bank statement to support your application, not as the principal proof of funds. So re-strategies and make sure more funds are readily available in your name or in your sponsor personal savings.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2018
gbemiigbal:

Yes the terminal benefit can be easily accessible and exported. A document showing the breakdown of my terminal benefit is also available. My job is just to provide my company any account number (whether in Nigeria or Canada/America) i want the money deposited into, luckily i have a Bank of America account, so the money will be transferred there a month after separation. 5.6m is for living expenses as i would have paid my tuition (14000CAD)before applying.

Sir!
If funds can be readily exportable and accessible by you, you're good to go just make sure your LOE/SOP addresses this very well for them to understand and once that's done you will be fine.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by bbclue(f): 10:51am On Feb 01, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Hi bbclue,
I have no template available for that.
But from my experience in the Canadain student visa, this is one of the easiest refusal reason one can tackle on his/her GCMS NOTE. Your sponsor needs to address all lump sum deposit with concrete reasons and proof like where the origin of such amount of money is coming from.
Was it through business sales/transcations? You need to provide the receipts of such transactions.
House rents fees - provide reciepts issued to your tenants.
Sales of landed property - provide reciepts of the sold land.

There are no special way of addressing Lump sum deposit. Just provide proof and explanations and you are good to go.

Okay thanks I told my sponsored he said he will give me the invoice of the transaction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 12:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
bbclue:

Okay thanks I told my sponsored he said he will give me the invoice of the transaction

Good! That would be sufficient enough to address the concerns of the visa officer.

All the best in your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Zlatimi: 1:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
Got refused today cc Frankrobbn1

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
Cc @frankrobbn1 you haven't respond to my request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Laurel10:

Thanks

This news is false. I have a person I am helping right here from NL who got approved for a visa just yesterday. I guess he hasn't had the time to come here and give his testimony yet so others can learn. But I am sure he will. Nobody can advice you you if you would get a visa or not. You have to go through it yourself to know. It's like death, it's in dying that you are born to resurrection life. Cheers and good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Cherryola: 3:27pm On Feb 01, 2018
@jnyuwa02 pls help me out also have been refuse twice and I don't want to get refuse for the 3rd time again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sirlaw2(m): 3:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
Please my people. I want to apply for BSc program in Canada and I have no idea how to go about it. Av been reading up trying to get information but to be honest I don't really understand most of the abbreviations used here.

Please anybody that can help, I will so much appreciate it. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Jahluv: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hello @jnyuwa02,

Please have you read my mail and I hope you send me your response ASAP.

Best Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by mcobex: 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
MichyEhi:
Evening guys,

2 mil in my bank account

You didn't tell the house how much your tuition is and the duration of your program . Also if you intend sponsoring yourself or you have a sponsor? Answer those questions to give the house a clearer picture of the situation

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.