Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 (830614 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Doraries: 1:27am On Feb 25, 2018
Nice one Frankrobbn1... thanks for these helpful tips and keep up the good work you're doing here.

Please I would like to know if it's advisable to go for a PGD in Project Management in Canada after an MBA program in UK or would another Masters in project management be ok?

Reason I'm going for project management is because
I run a company here in Nigeria, partly projected towards conference/workshop organization. But from my experience so far, I discovered that I need to learn more on how to handle these projects and I feel that an in-depth project management course/program would help a lot.

On another note, I don't mind going for a PhD in Canada but how easy is it for me get through the admission process including finding a supervisor as well as getting funding for the program?
Your candid advice will be highly appreciated.
Cheers

Frankrobbn1:
Hello Room!

I was going through the thread and I noticed that most applicants were refused of their study visas based on the following grounds shorlisted on this post and this has given most of them sleepness night, some have decided to quit the Canadian dream and end up having the mindset that Canadian study visa is tough and can not be easily approved unless you use an AGENT, some even go as far as paying millions to AGENTS just to get their study visa. I must tell you that it is a lie, most agents even go as far as complicating issues for applicant, which most times lead to misrepresentation and a 5 years Ban. After reading this post, you have to get up to your feet , beat your chest and do things in the right way and get your study permit app approved Asap.

RECENT REFUSAL GROUNDS:

1-) Purpose of visit
2-) Current employment situation
3-) Personal asset and financial status.
4-) family ties in Canada or home country.

In this post I'll address the above reasons and give POSSSIBLE WAYS to tackle the concerns of the visa officer.

1-) PURPOSE OF VISIT -

It is important that your visit coincides with an important event in your life or the purpose of the visit can be reasonably explained in your SOP. If it is for study you must have qualifications in that field or have the expertise in that area. Most times, your job role or company should be relevant to previous studies and to your chosen field of study in Canada.
If you decide to change career path, it should be clearly stated on your SOP with compelling/strong/ and convincing reasons to why you decide to change a career path.

Your letter of intent should reflect the following and should be addressed in each paragraphs to avoid repetition.
1-) Describe your academic background briefly.
2-) Why you choose Canada not Nigeria.
3-) The school.
4-) The program of choice.
5-)How you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
6-) What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in the future.

Everything should point to 'studying in Canada' not working or visiting friends and family in Canada or securing a PR after completion of studies.

Address all academic backlogs, study gaps, study plans etc... on your SOP.

2-) CURRENT EMPLOYMENTSITUATION

Every embassy will like to satisfy themselves that the applicant has a gainful employment in their country of residence and that the prospects of getting a job when they loose their current one is high. That satisfies them that you won’t leave your job when you travel to their country. Canada’s High Commission is no exception. You need to prove to them that you’ve been working for at least 2 years continuously, you earn a good salary, say CAD$400- CAD$1,000 plus a month depending on the level of your education, you have leave to travel, and you are qualified for the job you are currently employed in. So add your CV, school certificates, previous and current job offer letters, leave letters, pay slips and introductory notes from your firm to evidence your employment.

3-) PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCIAL STATUS

Like most embassies, the Canadian High Commission will also be interested in your finances. Show a 6-month bank statement or more for any Canada visa application; both current and savings accounts, showing your salaries or income from employment. If you have treasury bills, building society savings, mortgages, microfinance or credit union savings and the pass book or certificates, share investments in companies etc, add all to prove you have enough financial resources before and after your trip. There is no cut off bank statement figure. So try as much as possible to show your monthly inflow and outflow of salaries in your salary bank statement with a good closing balance as a proof of financial establishment.

4-)

FAMILY TIES IN CANADA OR HOME COUNTRY

Prospective travellers who were refused with this point wondered why they should have a family in Canada before being given the visa. Note that the full statement is “family in Canada OR family in your home country”. So its either you failed to prove each criterion or both criteria, that is, whether you have family ties in Canada or whether you have family ties to your home country. This is what you do :

Show sufficient ties to your home country i.e. what will compel you to return home?

1-) Do you have a spouse and kids(minors) and are you leaving them behind?
2-) Do you have elderly parents who depend on you?
3-) Do you own businesses/property that you need to continue managing?
4-) Do you have adequate funds?
5-) Do you have family members whom are not accompanying you to Canada?

All these mentioned are HOME TIES, so if you have any of the following listed, endeavor to show evidence to each of them and make sure you add it to your application.

The above information is Legit and was obtained from a Canadian Legal personnel.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

All the best to the hopefuls and to the approved, CONGRATULATIONS!!!.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ChuksEbube: 6:29am On Feb 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Ekoishome,

You have a good profile for Express Entry pool, since you have grand intention to reside legally with your family in Canada, go for EE using the below link:

https://www.nairaland.com/4212543/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/342

I'm certain you will attain a great CRS score. Canada needs people like you. Please rush into the pool.

All the best!

What about PNP, was thinking the profile is good for PNP also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:39am On Feb 25, 2018
Ekoishome:
Hello House,
I would like to know from more experienced people if with my profile can get admitted to a Canadian University for an MSc program up to PhD. Though my grand intention is to remain after studies and raise my family there. Please see my profile,
Close to 39 yrs, married no kids yet, 12 yrs work experience in multinationals for which 2.5yrs was for a Canadian coy based out of Nigeria on a managerial position, I have assets I can dispose to raise funds tuition,feeding and housing even up to 4years if I chose not to work in addition to other yielding investments at home.Education Bsc, MBA
My ultimate desire would be for hubby to join me.
Would like to know if my application can fly.

Thanks as I await feedback.

Yours can be a double pronged approach. You can apply for express entry and see if you make it. At the same time apply to schools and see if you can get in. Seems like you have a lot of experience that you can bring to the table of discussion in the classroom. Canadian schools like to give people like you a chance. I will advice you start with the Express Entry first because recently it was revealed that having an Express Entry and Student visa application at the same time can be counterproductive. Someone I am currently talking to devise a way out of the conundrum, was denied visa for having an EE application. They cited his active EE application as a reason to believe he is not going to come back to Nigeria. So approach the issue wisely. It's getting too late to apply for fall 2018. So set your mind on applying to school for 2019 while you undergo the Express Entry application. If you are approved for the EE, you can attend school paying resident fee. If you are not approved for the EE, you would still have a chance to apply for student visa in 2019 and still make it to school in Canada. With this double prong approach, you can kill two birds with one stone.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 6:39am On Feb 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Thebushboy1,
The listed documents of yours are pretty okay. Just make sure your SOP is convincing enough and your intended program is reasonable in light with previous studies/job role and your application will turn out to be successful.

All the best!

Thank you Frankrobbn1

God Bless

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 6:41am On Feb 25, 2018
Austinpee4:

You are absolutely good to go. As per notorizing of document, it should only be in a case of no official signature/stamp or seal on the document. The essence of notorizing any document especially for the Canadian visa application is to show it's authenticity when there are no seals/stamp/signatures of issuing body or organisation. If you have this on your documents, there is no need to notarize for attestation unless specifically mentioned.

Cc: people in same uncertainty.

Thank you Austinpee4. I appreciate you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 6:45am On Feb 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

All good and dandy if you add LOE. If you are doing paperoute just a heads up, the officials at embassy contracted outpost have an eye for detecting errors and can help you arrange your documents in the order they should go.

Hello Jnyuwa02,

Thank you for the heads up. Just a quick one, should my LOE only contain explanation of all documents submitted and what they stand for/represent? Do I still need to put reason why I am going to study since its already in my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 6:55am On Feb 25, 2018
Thebushboy1:

Hello Jnyuwa02,

Thank you for the heads up. Just a quick one, should my LOE only contain explanation of all documents submitted and what they stand for/represent? Do I still need to put reason why I am going to study since its already in my SOP?

LOE and SOP are same names for one beast. Only one needs to be included, not both. Reasons for why you are going to study and why study in Canada and why not in Nigeria and why you think you would come back to Nigeria after your studies, should be effectively explained. Short, concise and straight to the point. Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Thebushboy1: 7:16am On Feb 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

LOE and SOP are same names for one beast. Only one needs to be included, not both. Reasons for why you are going to study and why study in Canada and why not in Nigeria and why you think you would come back to Nigeria after your studies, should be effectively explained. Short, concise and straight to the point. Good luck!

Thank you bro. God bless our husstle in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by jnyuwa02: 7:35am On Feb 25, 2018
Thebushboy1:

Thank you bro. God bless our husstle in Jesus name. Amen

Amen!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by sogima(f): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2018
Doraries:
Nice one Frankrobbn1... thanks for these helpful tips and keep up the good work you're doing here.

Please I would like to know if it's advisable to go for a PGD in Project Management in Canada after an MBA program in UK or would another Masters in project management be ok?

I run a company here in Nigeria, partly projected towards conference/workshop organization. But from my experience so far, I discovered that I need to learn more on how to handle these projects and I feel that an in-depth project management course/program would help a lot.

On another note, I don't mind going for a PhD in Canada but how easy is it for me get through the admission process including finding a supervisor as well as getting funding for the program?
Cheers

Please is SOP same as Letter of Intent/ letter of explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by adesbaba: 11:13am On Feb 25, 2018
Na wa o...so those with 2:2 now...na wahala to go Canada....Every country with their cons....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thanks bro

mcobex:
Bro like I said sometime ago, FORGET THIS VERY ADMISSION! Try and apply again to schools that will give you funding, the fact you are yet to get your PhD offer doesn't mean it won't come. Still send out some mails to some more schools and professors and you might be lucky (you can ask some PhD students here like @Mazi or any other guru here to help you proof-read it before you send out). Don't be in a hurry and feel you can't get another offer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 2:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
sogima:

Please is SOP same as Letter of Intent/ letter of explanation.

Yes it"s thesame. It's left for you to decide which name suits you best. Most applicants here uses SOP mainly for their study intent and Letter of explanation to address the concerns of the visa officer regarding their previous denied application. So it's left for you to choose anyone.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
Doraries:

Cheers

Doraries,

Option 1-) If you've so much interest in this program PROJECT MANAGEMENT, having an MBA in Uk. I best suggest you go for a Phd. I'll like to also let you know that there are PhD students here in person of MAZI (Maziude) who is already in Canada, you can possibly Pm him and get informations from him and Silk07 who is presently active on this great forum. The both of them can be of paramount assistance in proof reading your letters and securing funding for you.

Option 2-) Go for another Masters degree in project management in Canada and don't disclose it to CIC that you already have an MBA in UK. This will also fly.

The above are my two opinions. As for the PGD, Its not a welcome idea.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by swisster: 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
happy Sunday fam.
please house, which hospital is the cheapest for medical clearance and how much does it cost.please help me out. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Gifty28(f): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2018
Gud evening guys, pls i need answers to my questions.. most/all Canadian skls require 2.1 for masters(nija standard) 3.0/4.0 us standard but with sm1 who had 2.2, with Wes free evaluation cgpa it turned out to be 3.0/4.0 can I still apply for MBA in any Canadian university? And secondly do they give funding or scholarship to MBA students in Canada. Thanks and waiting for response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Ekoishome: 5:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Many thanks Chuks, Frank's, Jny and all the people that responded!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
Sir, I need PhD admission, I have written to all professor; mechanical engineering, pgd I got self no funding to move on
Advise me please

Hello,

How do I defer my Algonquin college admissions, o have been asked to pay atleast 8000 out of 28000 of my both school fees, living allowance for the whole program before March 1, and I don't have money.

I will to defer the admission as style to keep the admission because I don't have money and I want to keep admission, or can I write them that they should give more time before paying.

Tuition Fees and Estimated Expenses
The following is an approximate breakdown of fees and expenses for the first year of study.
Program: Energy Management
Tuition Fees (2 semesters of study) in CAD * $ 16,200.00
Estimated Annual Living Expenses in Ottawa $12,000.00
Total Approximate Expenses for 1
st year $28,200.00

The program is 1 year, please advise I don't know what to do

I just want to secure this admissions in as my PhD admission did not click

maziude:
Hello Bosses,

Special thank you goes to everyone who has been helping out, one way or the other. May God richly bless you.

Yes, I have been AWOL, it wasn't intentional. Mehn, the school thing for here no be beans (No be as we think am but thank we thank God for grace). There is no time to reason about anything. So, on behalf of those that landed this past August/September 2017, I apologize to you.

Congratulations to those that got approvals; to those waiting for their approvals, may God see you through ; to those delayed, repackage and refire.

A quick one about letter of introduction/correspondence. You do not need to fret about it. Your approval is on the system, all you need is to present your PP at the POE and all should be good with respect to your VISA confirmation. Not everyone that is here got that letter. Some even got the letter few weeks after they got here... So fret not and start preparations.

If you are landing in December/January... I beg you in the name of God, "gadge up". The weather no be joke... It is cold, yes very cold.

For those sending PMs, I got your PMs but I am time constrained, so responding in a timely manner will be difficult. So if you need an urgent answer to any inquiry, please use this space.

We are sorry once again.

Peace....

Mazi

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 6:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
swisster:
happy Sunday fam.
please house, which hospital is the cheapest for medical clearance and how much does it cost.please help me out. Thank you.

Children Practice Ikoyi Lagos. It cost 28,050K.
You need two (2) passport photographs and a copy of your int'l passport bio data page.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

You need two (2) passport photographs and a copy of your int'l passport bio data page.

Please do you have to wait until you're instructed by the vfs before doing medical test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
For those applying for PGD. I think it's advisable to apply for a 2 year program.. Because the V.O might probably think someone going for a year program could be desperate to run out of Nigeria. My thought..

Bosses in the house. What do you guys thiNk about my submission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Prudento: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2018
Hello Guys,
I just got admission and Research Assistantship funding of $12,000CAD/year for two years at Mcgill, MSC. My fees is $10100 Cad. I do not have ANY supplemental funding. But my supervisor at McGill keeps saying I should apply for TRV with that amount and it would fly. Please how do u advise?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2018
Prudento:

Please do you have to wait until you're instructed by the vfs before doing medical test?

Prudento,

No! If you wish you can complete upfront medicals and attach the E-medicals slip to your application. Upfront medicals helps in faster processing of your visa. So, if you do not undergo an upront medicals then you have to wait for CIC to instruct you to complete medicals, when such notification comes from CIC then it's a sign of success/visa approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Asapant:
For those applying for PGD. I think it's advisable to apply for a 2 year program.. Because the V.O might probably think someone going for a year program could be desperate to run out of Nigeria. My thought..

Bosses in the house. What do you guys thiNk about my submission

Asapant
You're correct Sir! The length of stay in Canada matters alot on applicant application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ParadiseAce: 7:35pm On Feb 25, 2018
blessedmumi:

CGPA of 3.10/5 should be in the range of 2.4 on a scale of 4 (I stand to be corrected).
Figure out your second questions using Google, it will be easier for u.
People without prior travel history got their visa approved, it all depends on how well u package your application.
pls I need help here,I want to apply for my masters degree in a school at Canada and Australia but the school I wanted to apply dont offer my course of study,please can someone send me a link of school that offers Accounting or any related course...thanks...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:37pm On Feb 25, 2018
Prudento:
Hello Guys,
I just got admission and Research Assistantship funding of $12,000CAD/year for two years at Mcgill, MSC. My fees is $10100 Cad. I do not have ANY supplemental funding. But my supervisor at McGill keeps saying I should apply for TRV with that amount and it would fly. Please how do u advise?

Prudento
Get a SPONSPOR to support your visa application, preferably a close relative with good bank statement, this will help alot in tackling the issues of insufficient funds that will be raised by a visa officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:46pm On Feb 25, 2018
ParadiseAce:
pls I need help here,I want to apply for my masters degree in a school at Canada and Australia but the school I wanted to apply dont offer my course of study,please can someone send me a link of school that offers Accounting or any related course...thanks...

Explore to schools like: University of Saskatchewan.
Memorial University of Newfoundland.
University of British Columbia .
Univeristy of Manitoba.
Carleton university

Lastly check this site: www.google.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Asapant: 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Asapant
You're correct Sir! The length of stay in Canada matters alot on applicant application.

Thanks boss.. Are you planning admissions into any institution ?? Let's share ideas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by Frankrobbn1: 7:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
Asapant:
Thanks boss.. Are you planning admissions into any institution ?? Let's share ideas

No Boss. Currently on visa process now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by swisster: 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by ParadiseAce: 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
[quote author=justise post=58862613][/quote] Hello, pls I need a link of school where I can do my masters degree in Canada(accounting course or any related course).thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 by MICHV1: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2018
The humble return of MICHV... for those who could recognize my moniker!!!

TRV Doctor..... Sacrificial Lamb!!! I will be back with full update and to give the hopeless, hope!

On this thread I started my journey and on this thread I ll come to give back and convert and win souls

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (501)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.