Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Damn... Why Am I Shrinking?????? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Damn... Why Am I Shrinking?????? (491 Views)

Fibroid : Natural Ways Of Shrinking Fibroid Group / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? / Powerful Natural Tea For Shrinking Fibroids & Tumors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Damn... Why Am I Shrinking?????? by delerx(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2017
Read more on tbsmedlink.com
HOME
TBSMEDLINK
FOR IMMEDIATE AND PROPER DIAGNOSIS
MENU
DAMN….. WHY AM I SHRINKING
JULY 25, 2017ADMIN 2 COMMENTS

Sudden weight loss without a reason can be sign of a health problem. If you are overweight it is necessary to work on losing weight but losing weight without working out and without day to day stress could be sign of some abnormalities.

There are a number of them but these are the ones to pay attention to

HYPERTHYROIDISM: A thyroid gland produces thyroid hormone when the thyroid makes too much thyroid hormone it revs up metabolism so you burn more calories and lose weight

DIABETES: This is when the sugar in the blood becomes high. Insulin is a hormone your body makes to turn blood sugar into energy. In Type 1 diabetes the patient is not producing insulin while in type 2 there is production but the patient can’t use it the way he or she need to.

Weight loss occurs when the cells run out of fuel, the body think it’s starving and starts burning fat and muscle. This causes you lose weight

CELIAC DISEASE: This disease is related to gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat and other grains like beans. It is also present in Milo (beverage). When you eat it your immune system attack the small intestine by mistake which can make it hard for your body to take in nutrient leading to weight loss.

MEDICATIONS: Some drugs used to treat health conditions may ramp up your metabolism so you burn more calories or probably make you less hungry. Example of such drugs include

Stimulant- methylphenidate, amphetamines, cocaine and nicotine. These are drugs that increase the activity of the body such as alertness, attention and energy and could also elevate blood pressure

Chemotherapy- Drugs used to treat different types of cancers

Anti diabetic drugs-some drugs used to treat this condition can make you lose weight

STRESS: My Lagos people, this is the major reason why a lot of you lose weight. The stress of waking up as early as 5am to avoid traffic and getting back home 7pm -8pm after spending several hours in traffic is enough to make you lose some pounds

Psychological stress due to workload, mental state, family or marriage issues is also a clue to why you are losing weight

CANCER: cancer cells make you burn more calories due to the stress imposed on the immune system. The cancer cells make use of your energy and make chemicals that change the way you digest food. Overall it makes your body burn more calories which can lead to weight loss.

And lastly, DRINKING ENOUGH WATER: Drinking 2 and 6 cups of clear plain water each day can help you lose extra pounds. Water has no calories at all, so it satisfies your thirst without adding weight. And when you drink enough water you may be less likely to grab sodas, juices or coffee drinks packed with sugar. High calories in sweet drink can add up to a big weight gain. when the urge to drink water is much you need to talk to your doctor

THANKS FOR READING…. PLEASE SHARE.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! I Swim Without A Life Jacket And This Happen / Baby With Bent Hands And Legs / HELP! My Friend Head Is Shaking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.