Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,407 members, 7,812,204 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate (682 Views)

Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors / Benjamin Mzondu Introduces A Bill To Raise Academic Qualification For Presidents / Buhari Rejects Four Bills Passed By Reps, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by solomorinho(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2017
After the march by the youths of our country, for the #NotTooYoungToRun Bill. This has promted the Senate yesterday to pass the bill making the new age qualification to run for
President as 35years,
for Governor as 30years,
for House of Representatives as 25years,
for State House of Assembly as 25years,

In which 86 Senators voted "Yes" for it,
10 Senators voted "No" for it & 1 Senator vote "Abstain" for the bill…

Re: The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by samwise99(m): 8:00am On Jul 27, 2017
They are only interested in minimum age.

what about the maximum age..... Mtcheeeeeew
Re: The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by Dunamiz(m): 8:02am On Jul 27, 2017
I thinks it's best we first make political positions less attractive. You can't be spending millions or billions of Naira (party ticket, primaries campaign, main campaign and all other settlings) to get to power and end up not embezzling.

The Senate should pass a law that will place a cap on the maximum amount that can spent for campaigning.

1 Like

Re: The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by nrexzy: 8:02am On Jul 27, 2017
I'm sure running for governor...
Re: The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by OnowuOra(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2017
Age limit should include minimum and maximum. Them old guys won't let us younger dude get there, except there is restrictions on maximum age.

In my opinion I will suggest 25 to 60
Re: The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by Ogalanyachieze: 8:51am On Jul 27, 2017
Dunamiz:
I thinks it's best we first make political positions less attractive. You can't be spending millions or billions of Naira (party ticket, primaries campaign, main campaign and all other settlings) to get to power and end up not embezzling.

The Senate should pass a law that will place a cap on the maximum amount that can spent for campaigning.
godfatherism loading
Re: The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by Dunamiz(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
godfatherism loading

EXACTLY. That's what the Not Too Young To Run Bill will end up producing
Re: The New Age Qualification For Running Office As Passed By The Senate by Ogalanyachieze: 2:28pm On Jul 27, 2017
Dunamiz:

EXACTLY. That's what the Not Too Young To Run Bill will end up producing
just imagine a competent you running against an incompetent dangote's buss associate. You will end up shouting hoarse in court to another dangote paid judge

(1) (Reply)

"Yahaya Bello Is Not An Elected Governor" – Dino Melaye / Now DNA Tests Have Confirmed Igbos Are Jews / Edo Man In Europe Spits Fire, Tales of Suffering And Swears War For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.