Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. (1295 Views)

Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? / Please Help Sanchez My Puppy Is Dying / What Could Be Wrong With My GSD? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by themayor4542(m): 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hi guy's. Please I need your experience and expertise on the condition of one of my puppies. The said puppy is about a month old.
I discovered what looks like a cut on its lower jaw of this particular puppy. But on closer glance and exermination I discovered what looks like boils very deep in the flesh of the puppy. Also a resemblance of the boil-like thing is also on some other part of the puppy but not as severe as the one on its lower jaw.
Please guys,what could be wrong and what I do?

Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by VickyRotex(f): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
Take it to a vet please.

Cc:
Seun, Prodeegee cry cry
Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by babythug(f): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Looks like a bot fly infestation. Before you get it to a vet you can apply palm oil on the area, wait for a few minute and apply pressure by pressing. Some maggots will likely pop out. Do wear gloves or a nylon bag and wash hands thoroughly with disinfectant afterwards. Clean the dog's infected area with disinfectant too

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by themayor4542(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2017
babythug:
Looks like a bot fly infestation. Before you get it to a vet you can apply palm oil on the area, wait for a few minute and apply pressure by pressing. Some maggots will likely pop out. Do wear gloves or a nylon bag and wash hands thoroughly with disinfectant afterwards. Clean the dog's infected area with disinfectant too

Good luck
Thanks, most grateful.
Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by babythug(f): 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
themayor4542:

Thanks, most grateful.

Did it work? How's the dog doing now?
Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by themayor4542(m): 12:22am On Jul 29, 2017
babythug:

Did it work? How's the dog doing now?
Actually, I just saw your mention.
You were right. It looks like it's bot fly after all. After I saw your quote I goggled it. You were right sha.
However, please I'd like to ask. Have you had similar experience before? Why I'm asking is cos of the palm oil you asked me to apply after removing the worms. Will be wonderful if I can get a feedback on time as I plan to remove the worms first thing in the morning.
Once again, I'm really really grateful for your input and experience. You are a life saver.

1 Like

Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by babythug(f): 12:30am On Jul 29, 2017
themayor4542:

Actually, I just saw your mention.
You were right. It looks like it's bot fly after all. After I saw your quote I goggled it. You were right sha.
However, please I'd like to ask. Have you had similar experience before? Why I'm asking is cos of the palm oil you asked me to apply after removing the worms. Will be wonderful if I can get a feedback on time as I plan to remove the worms first thing in the morning.
Once again, I'm really really grateful for your input and experience. You are a life saver.

The Palm oil is to be applied before pressing out the maggots. It's supposed to stimulate the bugs to come to the surface of the skin:

Yes I've had a similar experience with my dogs
Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by themayor4542(m): 9:18am On Jul 29, 2017
babythug:

The Palm oil is to be applied before pressing out the maggots. It's supposed to stimulate the bugs to come to the surface of the skin:

Thanks. I'll get back to you to give you update on how it goes.
Once again I'm so very grateful.

1 Like

Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by Namdeenero(m): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2017
babythug:

Spot on! Just disinfect the area after removing the larvae. The place will heal on its own but you might want to go get some antibiotics shots at the vets

1 Like

Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by themayor4542(m): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
It worked like magic. So very grateful. The Palm oil actually pushed those suckers out. All I had to do was applied a little pressure and they all came out. Studied the puppy for about two hours. I noticed improved movement. Hopefully the open flesh doesn't get infected.
Once again, I'm really very grateful.

1 Like

Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by Namdeenero(m): 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
themayor4542:
It worked like magic. So very grateful. The Palm oil actually pushed those suckers out. All I had to do was applied a little pressure and they all came out. Studied the puppy for about two hours. I noticed improved movement. Hopefully the open flesh doesn't get infected.
Once again, I'm really very grateful.
Did you disinfect the area??
Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by themayor4542(m): 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
Namdeenero:
Did you disinfect the area??
Yeah,I did. The puppy is doing alright by now. Though I'm still on the lookout for any sign of more bot fly or infections. Hopefully I won't find any. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by Namdeenero(m): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2017
themayor4542:

Yeah,I did. The puppy is doing alright by now. Though I'm still on the lookout for any sign of more bot fly or infections. Hopefully I won't find any. Thanks.
Just feel it's body for tiny lumps. Last time my dog has botflies infestation was when I took him out into a grassy area for training so try to clear the grasses around your side. Good luck
Re: Please Help. What Could Be Wrong With My Puppy. by themayor4542(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2017
Namdeenero:
Just feel it's body for tiny lumps. Last time my dog has botflies infestation was when I took him out into a grassy area for training so try to clear the grasses around your side. Good luck
Nooooo wonder! Where I live is surrounded with bushes. By the way the puppies are yet to be going out. It probably must have contacted it from the mother who go out and come in at will. I will check for more lumps again.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

3month Male&female Corso Available / GSD Or Rott Needed / 3 Solid Female Gsd Pups Available For New Home(ADVERTISEMENT CLOSED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.