Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Religious Intolerance???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Intolerance???? (485 Views)

America Is Not The Paradise You Think It Is,religious Intolerance In America. / Thoughts On Religious Intolerance And Muslim - Christian Relations / Religious Intolerance: Here Are discriminatory Signs In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religious Intolerance???? by atheistandproud(m): 3:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Religious intolerance
There have been posts accusing irreligious people and atheists of being intolerant of other religions. I have done my research as well gathered observations from my personal experiences and I have a few questions:
1. Why is that when someone identifies himself as a religious person, be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism e.t.c, people generally let them be but they find the idea of a human living without a supervisor sky daddy so irritating, so personal?
2. Religious people generally try to talk others out of their own religions but it becomes an insult or intolerance to talk them out of theirs?
3. Why do religious people (especially Christians and Moslems) insult, threaten physical, emotional and supernatural violence and practice social defamation against people of no faith?
4. Why do religious people systematically ostracize and try to isolate people of no faith?
5. Why do religious people antagonize people of other faiths or no faith and expect them to roll over so as to have their tummys tickled?
There are more questions but these will suffice for now.
Please feel free to add your questions. Happy weekend!!!
Re: Religious Intolerance???? by hopefulLandlord: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2017
OP, have you read "The emperor's new clothes"?
Re: Religious Intolerance???? by Amberon11: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Cry me a river cry cry cry

Like y'all don'twaste your entire lives insulting and deriding Christians and other religious adherents. My advice? Don't give what you can't take.
Re: Religious Intolerance???? by atheistandproud(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
OP, have you read "The emperor's new clothes"?
No I haven't. Do you currently have it?
Re: Religious Intolerance???? by atheistandproud(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Amberon11:
Cry me a river cry cry cry

Like y'all don'twaste your entire lives insulting and deriding Christians and other religious adherents. My advice? Don't give what you can't take.
Actually it's the other way round.
Re: Religious Intolerance???? by CuteMadridista: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2017
Re: Religious Intolerance???? by atheistandproud(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2017
Right, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Gunmen Attack Assemblies Of God Church In Onitsha / When Was The Last Time You Went To Church With A Bible (hard Copy)? / Unpacking My New Airtel Wifi Internet. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.