Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,134 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes (68372 Views)

Man Banished For Impregnating Daughter Twice In Anambra (photos) / Man & Son Sleep With Daughter In Imo, Impregnate Her, Get Banished (Photos) / Man banished for stealing joystick in Kogi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by zynzyn(m): 3:33am On Jul 28, 2017
dainformant:
Here's the latest update on the 70-year-old widow who was paraded and banished from her Afikpo native for sleeping with her boyfriend on her matrimonial bed. The widow identified as one Mrs Maria Okoh who hails from Amauzzu Nkpoghoro village in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State was on Tuesday, July 18, banished from the community over alleged sex scandal.

The accused was also paraded in the market shortly after being caught by her grand daughter having sex with her younger lover on her late husband’s bed.

Read the update Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi, a member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly

Parading of people unacceptable - Essa Ehugbo.

The member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi (Afikpo Chic), on the 22nd July 2017, complained to Essa Traditional Council of Ehugho, the highest decision making body in Ehugbo (Afikpo), about a 70 year old widow, accused of sleeping with a man in her late husband’s home at Amuzu Nkpogoro, Afikpo, and paraded with the man round the villages; with youths chanting disgraceful songs behind them, thereby creating a scene which attracted condemnation from several quarters, describing such as obnoxious, uncivilized, and other adjectives.

Following the report, the Ekpuke Essa Traditional ruling body on 26 July 2017 at Ulubi Eke Ehugbo deliberated on the matter and stated that the normal thing as Ehugbo tradition demands is that the culprit is liable to atone her misdeed with a goat. The above process, the Essa said is the tradition and not the dehumanising act of parading the culprit. They also advised widows cannot hold themselves, they should re- marry or alternatively pack out from their late husband house.

[i]THE VERDICT IS: No community should parade anyone again and if they ever do, they would be fined N100,000 and another fine of N5000 will be given again to every one in the community who allowed such act. They stated the act of the said community is not acceptable. They frowned at the bad public image the incident gave the town of Afikpo.

PHOTO: On the 22nd of July 2017, when Essa Ehugbo paid me a visit. I tabled up the matter above to them; so they can deliberate on it and give us an official pronouncement on it. Their official stance above will forestall such event from taking place in the future.

Dear media house that contacted me for statement on the matter, I am sorry that I could not make any statement concerning the issue until I consult my people and ascertain the facts and the way forward. And here you have it. The highest ruling body in my land has spoken, and it's final. - Nwanyi Afikpo

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/update-70-year-old-woman-banished-community-sleeping-younger-lover.html

At the risk of sounding archaic, in such a community, she should not have done that on her late husband's bed. It will be assumed she was cheating on her husband even while he was alive!
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by MadCow1: 3:56am On Jul 28, 2017
Odi egwu..

So a Widow must move out of the house she and her husband suffered to build to have sex after he has long died, been buried, has mourned him and moved on.. grin But I guess if a Mans wife died, he can bang as many women as he wants in the house on the mattress without any penalty even if na the late wife build the house abi...

Poverty na federal bastard..

All this so that the late Mans family can inherit the house.

Ask for that snitchass Grandchild.. Maybe if the child's useless parents were successful and had their own home, Grandma would be able to live and enjoy her final years in peace.

F.uck em all and their traditions.

5 Likes

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by basty: 5:24am On Jul 28, 2017
Are the animals called Igbo civilised before?
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by adellam16(f): 6:04am On Jul 28, 2017
dainformant:
Here's the latest update on the 70-year-old widow who was paraded and banished from her Afikpo native for sleeping with her boyfriend on her matrimonial bed. The widow identified as one Mrs Maria Okoh who hails from Amauzzu Nkpoghoro village in Afikpo North Local Government Area of Ebonyi State was on Tuesday, July 18, banished from the community over alleged sex scandal.

The accused was also paraded in the market shortly after being caught by her grand daughter having sex with her younger lover on her late husband’s bed.

Read the update Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi, a member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly

The member representing Afikpo North East in the Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Mrs Maria Udu Nwachi (Afikpo Chic), on the 22nd July 2017, complained to Essa Traditional Council of Ehugho, the highest decision making body in Ehugbo (Afikpo), about a 70 year old widow, accused of sleeping with a man in her late husband’s home at Amuzu Nkpogoro, Afikpo, and paraded with the man round the villages; with youths chanting disgraceful songs behind them, thereby creating a scene which attracted condemnation from several quarters, describing such as obnoxious, uncivilized, and other adjectives.

Following the report, the Ekpuke Essa Traditional ruling body on 26 July 2017 at Ulubi Eke Ehugbo deliberated on the matter and stated that the normal thing as Ehugbo tradition demands is that the culprit is liable to atone her misdeed with a goat. The above process, the Essa said is the tradition and not the dehumanising act of parading the culprit. They also advised widows cannot hold themselves, they should re- marry or alternatively pack out from their late husband house.

[i]THE VERDICT IS: No community should parade anyone again and if they ever do, they would be fined N100,000 and another fine of N5000 will be given again to every one in the community who allowed such act. They stated the act of the said community is not acceptable. They frowned at the bad public image the incident gave the town of Afikpo.

PHOTO: On the 22nd of July 2017, when Essa Ehugbo paid me a visit. I tabled up the matter above to them; so they can deliberate on it and give us an official pronouncement on it. Their official stance above will forestall such event from taking place in the future.

Dear media house that contacted me for statement on the matter, I am sorry that I could not make any statement concerning the issue until I consult my people and ascertain the facts and the way forward. And here you have it. The highest ruling body in my land has spoken, and it's final. - Nwanyi Afikpo

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/update-70-year-old-woman-banished-community-sleeping-younger-lover.html
see d guy 6 packs? D woman needs love so y evils?
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:36am On Jul 28, 2017
kn23h:
Only Yorubas can save Ibo people from their backwardness.

Wetin concern una if old mama youngie wan lick young blokos?

Miserable people won't let the woman rest.

You need another Ajayi Crowther, a Yoruba man, to save you from going back to the Biafran days of underdevelopment. When we give you Biafra, we will govern you for 50 years to make sure you don't cause your own genocide.
did i hear u say yoruba ppl? Buhahahaha...highest for fuckCrimes.a 87yrs oldman can 'rape ' a 4yr old girl or boy. Na life be that?
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by AlwaysUltraPad: 6:52am On Jul 28, 2017
This Ibo people are still backward but flaunts they're ahead of everyone in terms of civilization.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by amadgreat: 7:17am On Jul 28, 2017
Nice to know that your not God,which you can't ever be.look at the issue discussed.when a widow needs a man she better remarry than disgracing her children up MD down.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Mcreloaded(m): 7:17am On Jul 28, 2017
austin2all:
The guy get mind die.
Of all the pussies in this whole wide world.
Kai.

My land lady told me that bonga fish is sweeter than fresh fish and that I should try it and stop paying house rent
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by amadgreat: 7:21am On Jul 28, 2017
Hadone:
The story is much exaggerated to frame the old woman to sound guilty. But which late husband's bed? The man died 30 years ago and as his wife, she inherited the bed in question. She's the LEGAL owner of the bed NOT a so called late husband. Why didn't you people bury him with the bed if he truly owns it?

Bros wise up na please, you done grow pass these thing you write oooooooooo.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by amadgreat: 7:24am On Jul 28, 2017
Mcreloaded:

My land lady told me that bonga fish is sweeter than fresh fish and that I should try it and stop paying house rent

And you still they here they sing am,swing to action as fast as possible and confirm what she said.hope you post the result after the jigijgi
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by amadgreat: 7:33am On Jul 28, 2017
DLondonboiy:
This woman is a widow who probably has not fukced for more than 30years..what exactly is her offence? Fukcing in her late husband's matrimonial bed? Or fukcing?

And it's her grandchild that reported o. So if I see my grandmum enjoying herself, I'd go and report to village elders? I dey mad?

Maybe I don't really understand the story
sha

Correct!! you didn't understand the story,try and read ith you mind.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nov6(m): 7:37am On Jul 28, 2017
dainformant:

This Nwanyi-Afikpo is at it again, i just love what this young woman is doing as a full member of the House of Reps,
SHE IS REALLY PLAYING HER ROLE WELL,
let the younger one rules they said no...
As for you all gunning for ATIKU come 2019 make una kontinue
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nov6(m): 7:39am On Jul 28, 2017
This Nwanyi-Afikpo is at it again, i just love what this young woman is doing as a full member of the House of Reps,
SHE IS REALLY PLAYING HER ROLE WELL,
let the younger one rules they said no...
As for you all gunning for ATIKU come 2019 make una kontinue
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by amadgreat: 7:40am On Jul 28, 2017
modelmike7:

LondonBoy, that is exactly what transpired o!
Imagine the kinda mentality some people have!
She committed no crime as far as the story goes!

Were are you from?do you understand what culture is?do you have tradition?ok imagine you saw your grand mum pant down in doggy position with a guy.hope you go clap for her?use your head
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Mcreloaded(m): 8:01am On Jul 28, 2017
amadgreat:

And you still they here they sing am,swing to action as fast as possible and confirm what she said.hope you post the result after the jigijgi

My brother I am not too sure sha unless naira landers can help confirm if its true that binga fish is sweeter than fresh fish.
Make I no go enter one chance
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by bizzibodi(m): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2017
omoadeleye:
The guy get six packs oo
bros count ^g^in he p^ss 6.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by sagod: 9:16am On Jul 28, 2017
How can a right thinking person claim that the woman did not commit any crime?
Is it morally right for a widow to have sex in her late husbands home?
The Igbos do not encourage sexual promiscuity like the Yorubas who are shamelessly justifying the widow's action.
If the widow could no longer hold herself then she should have moved out of the late husband's house and remarry.
This is the bitter truth that those who have no values and morals are shying away from.

But then, let me also say here that the action of the villagers is condemnable as well.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by NaeChris: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Alexis11:
Igbos are largely uncivilized.

The few " so called educated ones" are noise makers.

The drama was very unnecessary. cry
Just shut the f.uck up.

1 Like

Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by NaeChris: 9:22am On Jul 28, 2017
oglalasioux:
Oh!

Sanity at last!

Afikpo Chic will make a good president.
No be that Igboist boss? President fire. A group where injustice sent equity on exile. She never manage a group which is not upto 500,000 people, talk of over 150m people.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by bentuzene(m): 11:36am On Jul 28, 2017
basty:
Are the animals called Igbo civilised before?

When you make baseless stereotypical statements like these because your emotions got the best of you and you feel you are wise, then you had better sit back and re evaluate the nature of you deranged sanity.

It happened in a community doesn't mean that all Igbos would do the same.

I can't even relate wisdom to the bullocks popping from you at this moment but I hope that after your re evaluation, you would turn out a better being.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by bentuzene(m): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2017
sagod:
How can a right thinking person claim that the woman did not commit any crime?
Is it morally right for a widow to have sex in her late husbands home?
The Igbos do not encourage sexual promiscuity like the Yorubas who are shamelessly justifying the widow's action.
If the widow could no longer hold herself then she should have moved out of the late husband's house and remarry.
This is the bitter truth that those who have no values and morals are shying away from.

But then, let me also say here that the action of the villagers is condemnable as well.

She got married, the man died 30 years ago.

Can she move on? Yes.

Husband's home or not.

If there is a rule that says she can't do it her 30 years dead husband's house (Which she now own if I must state based on Marriage), then I feel it's sad.

Only thing I see wrong here is that she wasn't legally married to the young man but besides that every other thing about judging her was wrong like you pointed out.
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by DemonMonkey7(m): 11:41am On Jul 28, 2017
nothing cracks me open like saying.. how e take concern you?
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
YelloweWest:

It's almost a curse to be born and African woman!
no be small thing
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by Junny04(m): 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
What's bad with her having sex? Atleast she is no longer bound to her hubby anymore: TILL DEATH DO US PART....her husband is dead... So?....Nigerians and joblessness......
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by sayisayi(m): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
Alexis11:
Igbos are largely uncivilized.

The few " so called educated ones" are noise makers.

The drama was very unnecessary. cry

Your post highlights your intelligence...lol grin grin
Re: 70-Year-Old Woman Banished For Having Sex: Maria Ude Nwachi Intervenes by sayisayi(m): 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
DeRay98:
If this had happened in Edo, Igbos will shout "Benin witch".
Yeye people.

E dey pain u finish....lol grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Apprehended While Having Sex With Primary School Student In A Bush. Photo / Man Kills His Boss In Lekki, Steals Her Money & Phone, See Where He Was Caught(p / UNIZIK Female Student Dies Of Generator Fume After Smoking Weed In Security Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.