Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] (38754 Views)

Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There / We Spent Last 2 Years Digging Nigeria Out Of Mess We Met –president Buhari / Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Elcasper(m): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
It doesn't change d fact dat there's still "kwaraption"
Nne5:

Lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/27/nigeria-out-of-top-10-most-corrupt-nations-full-list/
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by jlauren2006: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
I'm sure u are the most foolish and senseless in Nigerian for coming out crazy corruption list with the smallest population countries that doesn't have money not to talk of unity. Its shows u not a Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Elcasper(m): 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
Wetin concern me... Kwaraption kary qo
Nne5:
Good news. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by joepentwo(m): 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
I knew it...
Give me overdose
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by tosinjay(m): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
Abeg Nigeria na number #1 jor
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by nwaire: 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by cooljoe(m): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
benedictnsi:
If I hear.....
People weh carry out this statistics obviously didn't visit Nigeria....with this kind money weh our leaders d loot upandan......

Abeg Make we no d happy for wetin we no merit

they did; they were bribed
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by AreaFada2: 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2017
authority2006:

Somalia Yemen Iraq and Afghanistan were not there under PDP when we used to be in the first ten positions? Give commendation when and where it is due.
Due? How? Who on ground has noticed the difference?

At least people use the trains GEJ brought, people attend the almajiri schools & 14 Fed universities, basic necessities were more affordable, farmers got their fertilisers, employees of Iberia & America airline did not loose their jobs due to closure.

These are what impact on people's lives, not some league table drawn up abroad that they have even only marginally put us up. The basis of which are very nebulous.
Was it not even the toga of anti-corruption he wore to campaign? So what is big deal about lifting us above Somalia on corruption while plunging us into the economic abyss?

The stock market they said rallied lately, I'd like to see how it reduces price of plate of eba at Iya Mutiat's bukateria tomorrow. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by maisauki: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2017
IF I HEAR WETIN! THUMBS UP FOR OUR DEAR PRESIDENT JOO
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by moninuola65: 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2017
AreaFada2:

At leat use the trains GEJ brought, people attend the almajiri schools & 14 Fed universities, basic necessities were more affordable, farmers got their fertilisers, employees of Iberia & America airline did not loose their jobs due to closure.

These are what impact on people's lives, not some league table drawn up abroad that they have even only marginally put us up. The basis of which are very nebulous.
Was it not even the toga of anti-corruption he wore to campaign? So what is big deal about lifting us above Somalia on corruption while plunging us into the economic abyss?

The stock market they said rallied lately, I'd like to see how it reduces price of plate of eba at Iya Mutiat's bukateria tomorrow. cheesy grin
this one is the follower of Goodlocked jonathan!
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by AreaFada2: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2017
moninuola65:

this one is the follower of Goodlocked jonathan!
I follow nobody.
In fact I was a big critic of his here on NL. But later I saw that most of certain tribes were not interested in reality. They just condemned endlessly. Subsidy time was a turning point for me.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
APC have bribed so called transparency international organizations.

This is to proof that APC is using their security agencies to arresting and intimidating opposition parties PDP members in particular with lies that PDP looted billions.

We now see that APC government led by Buhari's family wants to kill those hand over power to them by all means, with images and integrity assassination. By locking up PDP government officials with accusations against their right to defend their rights in open court over corruption allegations.

This statistic is completely corrupt.

How did they come up with their statistics in the first place

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by ezugegere(m): 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by moninuola65: 10:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
AreaFada2:

I follow nobody.
In fact I was a big critic of his here on NL. But later I saw that most of certain tribes were not interested in reality. They just condemned endlessly. Subsidy time was a turning point for me.
am not say Good luck Jonathan
ok!
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by hollywater: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2017
The money that was discovered in Ikoyi house of Amaechi and co , who owns it? This government is more corrupt, than the previous one.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by goshen26: 10:20pm On Jul 27, 2017
Oyinbo are self centred , once they have issue with you they start rating u negatively. North now corrupt cos of personal issue the world is having with them
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Ups01(m): 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
This is one reason why I still support Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Leez(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nne5:
sarrki the patriot
Be like your patriotism is paying off.
cheesy Do you also whistle blow in your spare time? shocked

Lalasticlala mynd44 naija don change!
grin but wia is sarrki sef
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by EmpressT(f): 10:29pm On Jul 27, 2017
Of all the countries listed, africa and asia dominate the most.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Rozaytee: 10:35pm On Jul 27, 2017
If i hear
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by bejeria101(m): 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
No wonder zombies were all over fb today. Still doesnt make your dullard last cowbender hale and hearty or smart. The dullard in command!
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by GoodMuyis(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
smartty68:

And you're happy over our position bah

Obviously, the statistics is wrong about Nigeria. Now tell me what you or any other person can boast of as a Nigerian...

Listen dear, what's bad is bad nothing can dispute that. Sin is sin no matter how small it is.

America is far worst than Nigeria, and those who ranked Nigeria knew what they are doing and have access to what you dont know.

As to the bold Try to do something for yourself. To motivate you go and watch Shark Tank Series you will see how guys have put down investment, registered their Company only seeking money to boost.

Am sure you will thank me later for 2nd paragraph

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Nigeria is supposed to be no one on the list.It must be a very big mistake.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by biblegirl: 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2017
If u check well most of those countries re poor n i shake my head why Nigeria, the giant of Africa would ever be thr.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Aragon: 12:11am On Jul 28, 2017
benedictnsi:
If I hear.....
People weh carry out this statistics obviously didn't visit Nigeria....with this kind money weh our leaders d loot upandan......

Abeg Make we no d happy for wetin we no merit

Neither did they visit Denmark the number 1 and least corrupt Country in the world. Rather it's based on the Criteria listed above. Also, regardless of what anyone thinks of this Government "At no time in the History of Nigeria has Corrupt people Voluntary Returned Stolen Money" But it is happening today. And because of the FIGHT against corruption and pressure from this Government, Nigeria's Stolen Money Stashed abroad is also being returned back. Recently the Government shared some of that money amongst States. Nigerians should make sure their Governors utilise that money on the States. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Naruto87(m): 12:14am On Jul 28, 2017
even if Nigeria was ranked the least most corrupt country some people would still complain. congrats to my country at least in over a decade we are finally getting it right little by little. to those who understand the political system and also economics would know that we are finally moving in the right direction.. let's pray for the betterment of our country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Aragon: 12:20am On Jul 28, 2017
Naruto87:
even if Nigeria was ranked the least most corrupt country some people would still complain. congrats to my country at least in over a decade we are finally getting it right little by little. to those who understand the political system and also economics would know that we are finally moving in the right direction.. let's pray for the betterment of our country.

Bless you for this nice and matured post

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Naruto87(m): 12:23am On Jul 28, 2017
AreaFada2:

At leat use the trains GEJ brought, people attend the almajiri schools & 14 Fed universities, basic necessities were more affordable, farmers got their fertilisers, employees of Iberia & America airline did not loose their jobs due to closure.

normally when I read statements like this I just ignore it but I'll take an exception to this... clearly speaking I'll advice you study the economy pre Jonathan and post Jonathan to ascertain what lead us into recession and for the supposed project achieved.... hmmmm... their is a word called "lip service". research before you criticise.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by santicruz: 1:12am On Jul 28, 2017
Still in d list
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 28, 2017
SegunAdewole:
zoogerians come join me, so we unite our skulls in corruption. grin

Skulls, as in skull mining? shocked shocked shocked

Why did you use the word 'skull'

Is it a cultural/ethnic thing for you or what?
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by AreaFada2: 2:07am On Jul 28, 2017
Naruto87:

normally when I read statements like this I just ignore it but I'll take an exception to this... clearly speaking I'll advice you study the economy pre Jonathan and post Jonathan to ascertain what lead us into recession and for the supposed project achieved.... hmmmm... their is a word called "lip service". research before you criticise.

If you choose not to ignore, then as our "resident professor of Nigerian economy", enlighten those of us who are not economics research fellows. grin cheesy
Fact remains that the common man/woman had a better life under GEJ than under Buhari govt.

And anyone around then would also tell you that he had a better life under Shagari than under 1983 Buhari coup regime.

What led us into recession was poor economic policies & policy somersaults. Economies abhor uncertainties & indecision. Oil prices were already fluctuating and going down during latter part of GEJ government. In fact Buhari promised to "stabilize" oil price in the world market, something we seriously & rightly lampooned here then. grin cheesy

He said he had solutions to decreasing oil income. Something we all knew he couldn't even if he wanted to.

The other nonsense talk is that Nigeria did not save for the rainy day. The economy needed investment in railway, aviation, education, agriculture, infrastructure and more to turn around the rot everywhere. Economies do not boom just by keeping money in the bank, but through sensible investment. A booming economy creates wealth, which in turn creates jobs and increase govt tax receipt.

India & Brazil have around 6 times more foreign reserve money than Germany, but none is anywhere close to Germany in development.
Thailand even has more foreign reserve than USA.

When Jonathan introduced end of thievery of oil subsidy money, all the "pekelesi" goons & economists organised nationwide protests. Because they wanted to use the ignorant masses to preserve thievery.
Re: Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations – [full List] by sarrki(m): 3:12am On Jul 28, 2017
Nne5:
sarrki the patriot

Be like your patriotism is paying off.

cheesy
Do you also whistle blow in your spare time? shocked

Lalasticlala mynd44 naija don change!

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Announces Major Shake-up, Top Generals Affected [full List] / Atiku Visits Emir Sanusi Of Kano / Aso Rock Cabal In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.