Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Choosing The Right Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Choosing The Right Career Path (1259 Views)

Ever Lost A Job Doing The Right Thing? My Experience Doing One / 5 Career Path You Can Easily Gain Valuable Experience From Home / How To Choose The Right Career Path (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing The Right Career Path by Shrekyfiona(f): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hiya People.
I need ur urgent advice

I currently work with Stanbic Ibtc bank and earn 120k monthly(did not join as a graduate trainee), the bank is an amazing bank, so much respect for each other irrespective of rank and has the world best work environment (as far as am concerned) with great work-life balance.
Recently, am undergoing Access bank's graduate trainee recruitment exercise and am currently awaiting the TMI(Top mgt interview).
I have read lots of reviews abt Access bank and they are quite scary and crazy. The reviews painted the work environment and work-life balance black but I always try to convince myself that I wouldn't have such ugly experiences.
Now guys, am in dire need of ur advise. I plan quitting Stanbic for Access bank cos of the salary(heard Access pays 249+, yes am aware of the crazy bond) I also feel am gonna have an amazing experience joining as a graduate trainee and it will also mean me starting off nice am will be duly exposed positively but I don't know what awaits me there. I know training school awaits me though but am not scared of it, at the same time am not Einstein.
.Juxtaposing: Stanbic increases/ reviews salary annually according to performance, promotion is fair and transparent. Has unquestionable integrity, am currently doing my M.sc online at the university of south Wales and got a recommendation letter from my HR to the school, am so much at home with Stanbic but I really want to try something new and amazing

Dear Nairalanders and fellow bankers in the house, pls pls pls I beg you, kindly help a soul and guide me against making a mistake I might forever regret.

I don't want to ask for advise from colleagues as am still keeping my plans low and wouldn't want to shot myself in the foot.

NB: Am 24 and have worked in Stanbic for a year plus

2 Likes

Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by emyboy94: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2017
you are still young. why the rush for big pay cheque? anyways... if u are certain u will get the access bank job, cool.
but i personally would like you stay where you are and grow in rank and the work-life balance is awesome there too. whc I dnt really think, access has bcus of crazy targets.

is it the pay that is driving you ?

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by Shrekyfiona(f): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
emyboy94:
you are still young. why the rush for big pay cheque? anyways... if u are certain u will get the access bank job, cool.
but i personally would like you stay where you are and grow in rank and the work-life balance is awesome there too. whc I dnt really think, access has bcus of crazy targets.

is it the pay that is driving you ?

God bless you. I wouldn't deny the pay being a huge motivation but that's not the primary motivation anyway, I appreciate your concern and will think about it.
Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by ed0001(m): 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
I like career talks this.

Boost your career with the knowledge of:

-Digital Media Marketing Package IV

-Social Media Marketing

-Phyton

-Email Marketing

-Mobile App IOS

- Video Editing

-Mobile App Android

-Motion Graphics

-3D Animation

-Web App Laravel Package I

-Web App Javascript Package III

-Web Application Code Igniter Package II

-Web Design

- Web development

For weekend training, check my signature for contact details.

Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by Ikultra1(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
In choosing your career also consider what is obtainable in your country Nigeria. The practical application what of whatever you study is at peak, very important for survival after school. Learn what is practiceable in your environment, so you can easily engage yourself somewhere after. For instance someone that studied computer science, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, physics etc can learn any of this skills after school and become self employed with all possibility of growing into a big firm :

-Digital Media Marketing Package IV

-Social Media Marketing

-Phyton

-Email Marketing

-Mobile App IOS

- Video Editing

-Mobile App Android

-Motion Graphics

-3D Animation

-Web App Laravel Package I

-Web App Javascript Package III

-Web Application Code Igniter Package II

-Web Design

- Web development

-Mobile App Development

For any of this training check my signature for contact details.

Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by josh001(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Shrekyfiona:
Hiya People.
I need ur urgent advice

I currently work with Stanbic Ibtc bank and earn 120k monthly(did not join as a graduate trainee), the bank is an amazing bank, so much respect for each other irrespective of rank and has the world best work environment (as far as am concerned) with great work-life balance.
Recently, am undergoing Access bank's graduate trainee recruitment exercise and am currently awaiting the TMI(Top mgt interview).
I have read lots of reviews abt Access bank and they are quite scary and crazy. The reviews painted the work environment and work-life balance black but I always try to convince myself that I wouldn't have such ugly experiences.
Now guys, am in dire need of ur advise. I plan quitting Stanbic for Access bank cos of the salary(heard Access pays 249+, yes am aware of the crazy bond) I also feel am gonna have an amazing experience joining as a graduate trainee and it will also mean me starting off nice am will be duly exposed positively but I don't know what awaits me there. I know training school awaits me though but am not scared of it, at the same time am not Einstein.
.Juxtaposing: Stanbic increases/ reviews salary annually according to performance, promotion is fair and transparent. Has unquestionable integrity, am currently doing my M.sc online at the university of south Wales and got a recommendation letter from my HR to the school, am so much at home with Stanbic but I really want to try something new and amazing

Dear Nairalanders and fellow bankers in the house, pls pls pls I beg you, kindly help a soul and guide me against making a mistake I might forever regret.

I don't want to ask for advise from colleagues as am still keeping my plans low and wouldn't want to shot myself in the foot.

My younger sister works at access and the stress is killing. Pay is good but they will tire you out.When the time comes, make a goodly thought out decision. Btw- how did you get in pls? Some of us need that kind of chance too.

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by Tobbey(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2017
Pray

1 Like

Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by zizytd(m): 5:19am On Aug 21, 2017
Shrekyfiona:
Hiya People.
I need ur urgent advice

U sent me a pm, I can't reply u, just email me directly on onyitoc@yahoo.com
Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by mscheev02(f): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2017
Shrekyfiona:
Hiya People.
I need ur urgent advice

Thats nice but it really all depends on you actually. Quick one, is it the Lagos office? I am trying to apply for the graduate trainee 2018 program but I have no idea how the banking industry is. I am having a career change from the media industry.
Re: Choosing The Right Career Path by dapova: 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
Stay in stanbic and build your career. Why go back to access bank training school because of the pay? Seem you have forgotten that access bank will give you a car and you will pay for that car from the same salary. Once you are done 2years where you are, you should be negotiating next level with another bank if you ain't promoted already.
Pray well and think well. This move isn't very strategic.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Most In-demand IT Certifications Right Now! / Comedian Ada Jesus Renders Apology To Odumeje And Others She Offended.(video) / Thank God I Just Got An Appointment As A Logistic Officer I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.