Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage (10381 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nairalandsss(m): 12:50am On Jul 28, 2017
Most people get married in the hope of finding a partner with whom they can share anything and everything. Many hope to find their best friends in their life partners. Many get married thinking that they will never be lonely again, especially if you marry late in life.But, it is an unfortunate truth that many people do not find what they seek in their marriage. Many are left unsatisfied and lonely as their partner fails to understand them. This usually happens if you have a workaholic partner or if they were forced into marriage with you. Other times, your partner may not be aware that you are feeling lonely in the relationship.

Whatever be the case, it is not wise to simply throw in the towel and call it quits before trying to deal with the problem. In fact, loneliness in relationships can have devastating effects on you. You might tend to perceive others as less caring and affectionate than they really are.Here are some ways to deal with loneliness in mariage.

Ways to deal with loneliness in marriage are:

1.Take the initiative: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in marriage, you need to take the initiative and take down the walls you have built around yourself. Encourage your partner to do so as well.

2.Shared experience: [/b]The key to how to cope with loneliness in a marriage is to have shared experiences. This can be something mundane like taking the dog for a walk or going to the supermarket for a shopping.

[b]3.Stand in their shoes:
When the situation comes and you feel that your partner is neglecting you, try to understand their behaviour from his/her point of view. It may not be about you at all, he might simply be frustrated from work.
4.Do not blame yourself: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in a marriage, you need to stop blaming yourself. It is also a good idea to refrain from blaming your partner. Instead, work on constructive ideas to solve the issue.

5.Go on a date: A return to the times of your courtship is a good idea when you want to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. Go on a date at least once in every month and reconnect with your partner.

5.Be communicative: Open and honest communication is key in learning how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. When you start talking with each other, even trivial things, you pave the way to getting rid of loneliness.

6.A good listener: What is more important when talking to your partner is listening to him. While you learn how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, you realise that not everything is about you. Be an attentive listener to your spouse.

7.A time for each other: In order to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, set aside at least an hour each day to spend with your spouse. Leave the worries and responsibilities of your life aside and devote this time only for your spouse.

These are the ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

Mynd44 lalasticlala
http://www.naijabroad.com/deal-loneliness-marriage/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Ezigboune: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2017
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Collyno82(m): 3:05am On Jul 28, 2017
Ezigboune:
Nice piece
oh my Ezigboune! always on point

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 28, 2017
Did this get to FP because Op bears Nairaland as moniker?
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Papishi(m): 6:43am On Jul 28, 2017
And this has been most people's deadliest fear. Loneliness

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Destined2win: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 28, 2017
why get married and be lonely.
why not just leave. loneliness leads to depression which leads to suicide, leave before that man or woman drives you to kill yourself

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Toladipupo995(f): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2017
. OK oh
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Ariba2(m): 6:48am On Jul 28, 2017
[quote author=Evaberry post=58902914]why get married and be lonely.
why not just leave. loneliness leads to depression which leads to suicide, leave before that man or woman drives you to kill yourself [/quote

Talking from experience, right?
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by gbaskiboy: 6:53am On Jul 28, 2017
According to Ashanti proverb, marriage is not a palm wine to be tasted before buy it, look before you leap.....

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:58am On Jul 28, 2017
Loneliness is awesome.

Are you tired of being scammed by mechanics.

Are you tired of being ripped off by traders. Don't cry anymore because chi spare parts is here for you.

We deliver quality spare parts to you where ever you live in Nigeria. No matter how remote your area is chi spare parts will deliver.

Do not hesitate to give us a call today on +2348121069256

Chi spare parts quality parts for your car's wherever you are
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Narldon: 7:03am On Jul 28, 2017
The key Point to reduce loneliness in marriage is....

MARRY YOUR BESTFRIEND!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by harbisorl: 7:05am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmm
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by infogenius(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2017
And if all stated above does not work,
Kindly take a bow.

It is not by force

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Divay22(f): 7:29am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Thermodynamics(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2017
Don't really like the idea of marriage, I which I could just go around bleeping anyone I want forever, but if you are not married at s certain age, you seem irresponsible to people. Don't know if I could stick with one woman for years, I easily get tired of women when am close to them, especially if I witness any irritating character, all feelings are gone. All I know is that, future wife must not mess or shit or blow catar for my front, otherwise, the love go suspend for like 6months before e come back.
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Abiagirl777(f): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2017
Thermodynamics:
Don't really like the idea of marriage, I which I could just go around bleeping anyone I want forever, but if you are not married at s certain age, you seem irresponsible to people. Don't know if I could stick with one woman for years, I easily get tired of women when am close to them, especially if I witness any irritating character, all feelings are gone. All I know is that, future wife must not mess or shit or blow catar for my front, otherwise, the love go suspend for like 6months before e come back.

like you are perfect,better not marry than to put one of us in perpetual misery.when she starts to complain, all you men and your village elders +pastor will say she isn't submissive .

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Estiara(f): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2017
Nos 5.5.6. and 7. Great advice! Btw, you typed 5. twice.

Nairalandsss:

Most people get married in the hope of finding a partner with whom they can share anything and everything. Many hope to find their best friends in their life partners. Many get married thinking that they will never be lonely again, especially if you marry late in life.But, it is an unfortunate truth that many people do not find what they seek in their marriage. Many are left unsatisfied and lonely as their partner fails to understand them. This usually happens if you have a workaholic partner or if they were forced into marriage with you. Other times, your partner may not be aware that you are feeling lonely in the relationship.

Whatever be the case, it is not wise to simply throw in the towel and call it quits before trying to deal with the problem. In fact, loneliness in relationships can have devastating effects on you. You might tend to perceive others as less caring and affectionate than they really are.Here are some ways to deal with loneliness in mariage.

Ways to deal with loneliness in marriage are:

1.Take the initiative: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in marriage, you need to take the initiative and take down the walls you have built around yourself. Encourage your partner to do so as well.

2.Shared experience: [/b]The key to how to cope with loneliness in a marriage is to have shared experiences. This can be something mundane like taking the dog for a walk or going to the supermarket for a shopping.

[b]3.Stand in their shoes:
When the situation comes and you feel that your partner is neglecting you, try to understand their behaviour from his/her point of view. It may not be about you at all, he might simply be frustrated from work.
4.Do not blame yourself: In order to know how to cope with loneliness in a marriage, you need to stop blaming yourself. It is also a good idea to refrain from blaming your partner. Instead, work on constructive ideas to solve the issue.

5.Go on a date: A return to the times of your courtship is a good idea when you want to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. Go on a date at least once in every month and reconnect with your partner.

5.Be communicative: Open and honest communication is key in learning how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage. When you start talking with each other, even trivial things, you pave the way to getting rid of loneliness.

6.A good listener: What is more important when talking to your partner is listening to him. While you learn how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, you realise that not everything is about you. Be an attentive listener to your spouse.

7.A time for each other: In order to know how to deal with feeling lonely in a marriage, set aside at least an hour each day to spend with your spouse. Leave the worries and responsibilities of your life aside and devote this time only for your spouse.

These are the ways to deal with loneliness in marriage.

Mynd44 lalasticlala
http://www.naijabroad.com/deal-loneliness-marriage/
Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by glossy6(f): 10:06am On Jul 28, 2017
You can't change some partners

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by Uzyvicks(f): 10:43am On Jul 28, 2017
Thermodynamics:
Like u don't mess, poo and blow cater. Mtchew. You better remain single for life

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage by MissRaine69(f): 11:19am On Jul 28, 2017
Loneliness in marriages is when couples do not have a relationship with each other. If you don't have a relationship with each, no common ground chose to overlook the blaring signs that the pair of you were not compatible at all but chose to have the wedding because you placed your hopes on a whim. A whim that maybe he/she will change. Loneliness is when an individual realises that the person they fell inlove with is not the person they married. And finally some forget that after the wedding comes marriage.

(1) (Reply)

Let Go Of Your Past / Channels Tv Newscaster Loses Husband 5 Months After Wedding / Saving Yourself For Marriage - Reasons To Wait Until Your Wedding Nighf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.