Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Let Go Of Your Past - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let Go Of Your Past (10387 Views)

How To Get Over Trauma Of Wife Past Life / What Is It With My Wife And Her Past Boyfriends? / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Go Of Your Past by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 21, 2019
We all have a past, some of us have nothing to worry of our past while some of us are not too proud of it. You may have done or involved in some reckless or silly acts in time past, it may be because you were younger and naive, it may be Youthful exuberance, it may be a wild sense of adventure, you might just been plain stupid or you may have been a victim of other’s wickedness. Whatever is it, you seem to be struggling with its memory and scars.

It called past because it has happened and there is nothing you can do about it. Understandably, some things interfere with our normal psychic and affects the way we think. Your past may be a traumatic event, you may have been used in a way unimaginable, abused, assaulted, violated, maltreated, debased or put through hell and the world made it look like it was your fault. Now you are depressed, feel rejected, probably tired of life and thinking you should just end it all. You wish to let go but it’s difficult and you don’t even know how to start. You are actually stronger than you think and that is why you are still alive.

However your past is, either it was something you did or something done to you. You have a whole life in front of you. No matter the weight of your past, or the gravity of sin committed against you, you can pull through it. Realise that you may not be the first to have gone through that, others have been there, they survived and are living thier best life. Realise also that you are not alone, a lot of people may be going through same problem as you right now.

Forgive

Forgive yourself for all the things that has happened, this is the first step to gaining your freedom. It was not your fault, there is little you could have done about it. Let go of the anger you feel towards yourself, you have punished yourself enough. Cry, grieve, breathe and let go.

Forgive the people that have put you in your present state. They put you through misery, made you feel worthless and kept taunting you until they almost broke you. Its is hard and you want your revenge. Sometimes the best revenge is forgiveness, forgive them! They probably may not know what you are passing through because of them but trust me, karma has kept records and will visit them in due time. Just let your anger towards them go and you will see how lighter you have become.

Pick Up And Move On

Finally, pickup what is left of you, rearrange your self, seek further counselling, speak to a trusted family or friend about it. Just pour your heart out to them and let them help you feel better. Get busy, get a job, try hanging out, make new friends, meet new people and give life another chance. Never be a prisoner of your past, yesterday is gone, today is fresh and tomorrow is beckoning. Forgive yourself, forgive the world, let go and let God deal with it.

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2019/10/27/let-go-of-your-past/

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by 1kworks: 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
That's easier said than done.

Mostly the forgiving part.

Imagine someone that escaped with ya money. Chai, e go hard.

Anyways, send me 1k today. Also, send your logo and contact details along so I will customize these season's greetings for you.

If you also want the 3D logo mockup, just holla at me.

Merry Christmas

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Marshal3045(m): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
How
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by ijewejones: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nice one op..good teaching as a take home lesson this December

Forgiveness can be considered but not for the likes of some zombies.. especially the dead rotten meat griller on this forum.

Stay off my post rotten zombie meat griller

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by vincentjk(m): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Forgive but don't forget. Always remember this

2 Likes

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Devops: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Easier said than done.

My past is the one thing. I can't never let go. No matter how you try. It will always hunt you down. You can only make peace with it.
One thing about the past is that you can never let it go!. You live with it. It is what it is.
We have to live with the consequences of our action.
The more you try to let go of your past the more it sticks to you!.
Just live with it while concentrating on the present and the future.

8 Likes

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Conceptman: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Living with ur past will never create opportunities for u, you tend to live within the circles of that past without allowing your present and future to grow properly. The strength u build to survive your past will give you more courage as you journey on
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Waakanda: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Yes o
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bye Bye Past....

Welcome tomorrow.

Ignore foolish, negative people and haters to enjoy a good and positive life God has in store for you.

Cheers everyone kiss kiss

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Sukueponmalu: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Thank you
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by ForeThinker: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nice

4 Likes

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
ok
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Jackyboy: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
person wey no know where e dey come from no go know where e dey go oh............. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
For the wise ones.......

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
Take this to heart peeps......

Let go of the past and focus on the future.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Sholaco: 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Okay
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Righteousness89(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Yesterday is GONE!!
Today is A Beautiful Day That The LORD has Made! I will Rejoice and be Glad in It

4 Likes

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Kwamecron(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ok
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by NaijaOlosho(f): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
cheesy
ok let me sit here
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Not always an easy task.Nice write up @Op
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by patotie(m): 12:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Devops:
Easier said than done

Very easy to say especially from motivational big mouthed talkers.

Well have made peace with my past
But sometimes the shadows don't sleep
And want me to join them

But grew stronger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by SweetPreeq(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
Forgive ke

I go first beat you die, before I go reason to forgive you
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Richdad50(m): 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
:ow
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Miracle4Sure: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hmmmmm..
Okay oo
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by ainas247: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
cool Nice one OP...
Forward ever backward never.

Rank your website too Google page one
guarantee result

1 Like

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by UnitedNigeriaUN: 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
There is nothing like the past or future, it is only an ideology that have put the mind into trickery.

The only thing you and I have is NOW (TODAY).

The only things that counts are the things you do NOW.

Fail to grab today and you'll Fail today.

Take your NOW serious like its all you have.
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by zekepio(m): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
STRANGER: I'm depressed.

OP: Don't be depressed.

STRANGER: Oh wow. Why didn't I think of that? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by talk2hb1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
What Past?
Re: Let Go Of Your Past by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
Let me summarize what op said. Do you own a car? Which is easier?driving forward or reversing backward?When you drive forward do you have a destination in mind? when you reverse back were would your destination be? Answer those questions&thank me later

5 Likes

Re: Let Go Of Your Past by millionboi2: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nothin wrong with ur decision,just dat u focus more on ur mistake than u do to ur benefit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Tips To Sustain Your Marriage / Parents That Don't Let Their Children Out Of The House / The Benefits Of Having A Family Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.