Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App (5644 Views)

Guys Help With This Annoying Notification App On My Fone / Please how can i uninstall this notification app / Please What's This Annoying "Notification" App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by TheControversy: 11:27am On Jul 28, 2017
Hey guys is anyone else being bothered by this strange notification app. It appears in your SD card as com.rlk.frameworkservice1.0.4.apk (screenshots below). It pops up weird news stories from eagleheadline.com. I've tried uninstalling several times, but somehow it magically appears back and installs itself. This had led me to believe it's an adware from a separate app. I've scanned with malawarebytes with no success. It's not much of a nuisance but the thought of an app installing itself leaves me unsettled. Freezing the app turns off the notifications but I'd like it gone for good. Has anyone else experiencing a similar problem been able to trace the root cause to solve the problem. I use a Tecno j7.

Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by olatpic(m): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
I am having the same issue for over a month now. I will be happy to finally find a solution to removing this notification app for good.
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by Olarababy(f): 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheControversy:
Hey guys is anyone else being bothered by this strange notification app. It appears in your SD card as com.rlk.frameworkservice1.0.4.apk (screenshots below). It pops up weird news stories from eagleheadline.com. I've tried uninstalling several times, but somehow it magically appears back and installs itself. This had led me to believe it's an adware from a separate app. I've scanned with malawarebytes with no success. It's not much of a nuisance but the thought of an app installing itself leaves me unsettled. Freezing the app turns off the notifications but I'd like it gone for good. Has anyone else experiencing a similar problem been able to trace the root cause to solve the problem. I use a Tecno j7.
i have too....what you have to do us to clear the data and disable it.....if u uninst it, it comes back
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by Ebonygift(f): 11:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
Olarababy:

i have too....what you have to do us to clear the data and disable it.....if u uninst it, it comes back
I was able to get rid of it by deleting this file: com.rlk.frameworkservice1.0.4.apk, from my SD card
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
I had an issue like that with my former phone.
Perhaps you installed the app unknowingly. That's why I don't like downloading apps from anywhere apart from play store.
Just find the app and delete it.
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by pcwizzy: 6:59am On Aug 04, 2017
The app should be a malware that granted itself or permission so just disable it from administrator list and uninstall.check on google for how to remove apps from administrators permission
TheControversy:
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by kelvin7: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2017
I too had same problem some weeks back. I uninstalled it, came back. Then I installed Norton Antivirus and uninstalled it. Till now, baba never show again. However I'm still on my Norton Antivirus trial period.

P.S
I used Norton to scan my phone and it said the app was OK. SMH
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by SunnyD77: 4:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
I also have the same issue with my Infinix Hot S. Just deleted it now. I hope it won't come back o. grin grin grin
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2017
Guys I found the app and I've deleted it. Here's how:
Download Es Explorer [Because the app won't show in Android settings] then go to apps on es explorer. Click the Notification app and uninstall. Then the headlines would cease.

1 Like

Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by seunope2004(m): 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2017
After installing Avast and Norton, the problem still persist. I finally got a fix. I observe that each time I searches from 'file manager' for 'com.rlk.frameworkservice' .' Notification app' always show up. I deteleted the com.rlk.framework service folder and unistall Notification app to resoleve this issue.

Follow this path: Settings->apps-> Notification app to uninstall 'Notification'. This removes this adware completely

All my notification on other app works fine. I hope somoeone found this useful
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by trekkie: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2018
Thanks everyone. My phone is free at last
Re: Eagleheadline.com Adware Notification App by zoeA: 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Thank u

(1) (Reply)

Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? / Etisalat Back And Better On All Opera And Ucweb Handler / What Is The Name Of This Photo Application?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.