Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,345 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Saraki Reiterates Commitment To Freedom Of Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Reiterates Commitment To Freedom Of Speech (265 Views)

Saraki Reiterates Senate’s Commitment To Passage Of Police Reform Bill / 26 Nigerian Women Buried In Italy: Saraki Reiterates Senate’s Resolve For Justic / 26 Nigerian Women Buried In Italy: Saraki Reiterates Senate’s Resolve For Justic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Reiterates Commitment To Freedom Of Speech by ridwanomooba: 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
Saraki Reiterates Commitment to Freedom of Speech

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Friday reiterated his commitment to freedom of speech and the use of social media.

In a series of tweets on his personal account @BukolaSaraki, the Senate president was responding to a story carried by some publications that a civil servant was sacked for criticizing him.

“I use social media, so I am a firm believer in freedom of speech and using social media to air out ones views. This will never change,” he said, “As Governor, Senator and now as @SPNigeria [Senate President], I have never attempted to stifle anyone's freedom to speak his [or] her mind. This will not change.”

The Senate President also said: “As a public servant who has subjected myself in the service of my country, I face criticism everyday from many quarters. Criticism does not deter me from serving my country. I learn from constructive criticism. It inspires me to continue working.”

Following the completion of the Constitution Review Exercise at the Senate this week, Saraki also reassured the public that he and his colleagues in the 8th National Assembly will continue to work towards accomplishing a legislative agenda that will improve the state of the nation.

“My colleagues and I will continue to always work to pass a legislative agenda that will make life better for all Nigerians,” the Senate President tweeted.

Media Office of the Senate President
Re: Saraki Reiterates Commitment To Freedom Of Speech by Ayatul(m): 12:21pm On Jul 28, 2017
They come out to tell media lies when in real sense they are bullying common man for criticising them. Everything is wrong with this country, May God help us.
Re: Saraki Reiterates Commitment To Freedom Of Speech by namqul(m): 12:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
nigerians hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Testimonials On Safety And Security In The Oyo State / Ajimobi Calls For Diaspora,africa Cooperation Culture & Tourism / Oyo State Target Over 50% Exclusive Breastfeeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.