Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,312 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? (3735 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me / Airtel Unlimited Free Credit And Browsing Valid For A Month / How To Download Large Files With The AIRTEL Unlimited Social Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Folasho99: 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
These days Airtel unlimited data advert is always disturbing me on my TV screen and I decided to go to their site and understand it better because the advert was not comprehensive enough. Lo and behold, that did not do anything to improve my situation. I still do not understand how unlimited data plans will have different browsing limit, the prices are another thing to talk about as they are too expensive. I am using a Glo sim presently and they have cheaper data plans, if I choose to use their unlimited plans it is trusted because it has been used before. Glo has FUP limit and very straightforward. I compiled a very open table to show you all this. I am proudly Naija abeg

1 Share

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by mariamm234: 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice one OP. Airtel needs to step up especially with their frustrating network.

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by TDonald: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
Two mumu networks undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by loladepr95: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
To me its a scam. Its not even unlimited, why are they trying to make life harder for Nigerians. I mean its hard already cry

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by divinehand2003(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
It's an expensive scam. Don't even bother with the rubbish

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by minniekennie: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
cc lalalastica
Don't mind them, they are seriously confused. A guy called their customer care to even explain and they were saying something different from what was on the site, shows that Airtel workers lack understanding of the package themselves

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by easrael(f): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
I don't believe this one.....So someone that pays 15k for unlimited will enjoy faster internet access compared to someone paying 10k? OR what are they trying to say
Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Jahmalusen15: 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
I didn't even finish reading the story the moment I saw the disparity

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Jahmalusen15: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
Oh I see , so it's like an all you can eat buffet where you give one guy a teaspoon , another guy a dessert spoon and a third a serving spoon. Criminals this Airtel people are scammers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by steevane: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lmao this ting is a sham .

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by headmasta: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lmaoooooooooo ������ I knew this was a scam as soon as I saw Airtel. I can't count how many times these werey people have scammed me ���.

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by ipissvodka: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
It's not unlimited if it has tiered price points.

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Kingpexxie: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Why are there price variation, since its unlimited, scammers everhwhere? I still trust in GLO all day everyday

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by uchekuse: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
Omo I still trust glo o.. compared to this funny airtel guys.. when With #GloETopUp you get more than you bargained for. 8 times more.
Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by abayomiopeoluwa: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
Glo is bae
Me :

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Decale: 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lol

1) Glo 4G isn't everywhere. Airtel 3G is faster in most locations than 3G

2) FUP means when you finish the data allocated to you, the speed is throttled but you can still use any volume you desire. For the 10k, after exhausting the 40GB, speed is throttled to 512kbps. You may get to use another 20-40gb with that speed. At the end, you spend 80GB with 10k on Airtel rather than 46GB on Glo

3)There is no Glo unlimited plan

DO NOT MISLEAD THE PUBLIC!!!!

7 Likes

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by iliyande(m): 8:50pm On Jul 28, 2017
Decale:
Lol

1) Glo 4G isn't everywhere. Airtel 3G is faster in most locations than 3G

2) FUP means when you finish the data allocated to you, the speed is throttled but you can still use any volume you desire. For the 10k, after exhausting the 40GB, speed is throttled to 512kbps. You may get to use another 20-40gb with that speed. At the end, you spend 80GB with 10k on Airtel rather than 46GB on Glo

3) There is no Glo unlimited plan

DO NOT MISLEAD THE PUBLIC!!!!

@bolded
Or you are the one misleading public? Have you tried glo 4glte or just spewing hate against them?

I will not substitute glo 4g for Airtel 3g bro. Let us see your 3g speed test and compare
I will also gladly pick capped data over so-called unlimited because I can always roll over my remaining data balance to reduce costs bro..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Techpaded(f): 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Unlimited 10: full 3G speed up to
40GB usage, then throttled
Unlimited 15: full 3G speed up to 65GB usage, then throttled
Unlimited 20: full 3G speed up to
100GB usage, then throttled

What tf is meant by speed throttling? find out: http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/07/airtel-unlimited-data-plan-fair-usage-policy.html

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by umehoma(m): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2017
I'm just here wondering why Airtel will say it's an Unlimited Data Plan, but still say "Fair data usage applied" You think you're doing me?

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Decale: 11:55am On Jul 29, 2017
iliyande:

@bolded
Or you are the one misleading public? Have you tried glo 4glte or just spewing hate against them?

I will not substitute glo 4g for Airtel 3g bro. Let us see your 3g speed test and compare
I will also gladly pick capped data over so-called unlimited because I can always roll over my remaining data balance to reduce costs bro..

Learn to read properly. Okay?

I said Glo 4G ain't everywhere whereas Airtel 3G is. Airtel 3G is faster in most locations than Glo's 3G network

I said it slowly for you to comprehend

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by Decale: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2017
umehoma:
I'm just here wondering why Airtel will say it's an Unlimited Data Plan, but still say "Fair data usage applied" You think you're doing me?

There is no ISP in the world that doesn't offer fair usage policy on their unlimited.

Stick to your 1GB plan for posterity.

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by iliyande(m): 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2017
Decale:

Learn to read properly. Okay?

I said Glo 4G ain't everywhere whereas Airtel 3G is. Airtel 3G is faster in most locations than Glo's 3G network

I said it slowly for you to comprehend

Ok,........
I just acquired my 3rd glo sim today for just weekend 3gig for 500 that's more reason why I won't trade glo for even mtn talkless of airtel 3G
Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by duwdu: 5:59am On Jul 30, 2017
iliyande:

Ok,........
I just acquired my 3rd glo sim today for just weekend 3gig for 500 that's more reason why I won't trade glo for even mtn talkless of airtel 3G

I wouldn't know why one would need three SIMs, but I use the same Glo SIM for both normal and weekend subs... the weekend sub actually pauses any pre-existing normal sub during the weekend, so one can safely use the weekend sub during the weekend, thereby preserving any pre-existing normal sub until the weekend is over.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: The Airtel Unlimited Data Plans, How Advisable Is It To Use? by akefede: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2017
sincerely, I have a Glo sim and airtel sim but the package Glo provides is better: glo has a 4glte ntwk (airtel: 3g), 3x recharge (airtel 2x), consumption rate manageable (airtel high, especially with instagram), glo has no facebook free mode (airtel has face book free mode but in fairness, its a scam, how do I face book without pictures and several redirecting? so airtel plays on your thirst hence out of frustration you pay for data to feed the temptation).

(1) (Reply)

2019 Glo Special Data, Get 1.2gb For N200 And 6gb For N1000 / What Does This Phone Symbol Mean? / Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.