Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix (3747 Views)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / How To Download Videos On Android Using Phoenix Browser / Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Timothy11(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2020
Just admit it Opera is the worst browser. Okay I'll tell you why.

First, the company say they have an inbuilt ad blocker that helps block ads from site, and they do know that ads is what publisher uses to make money. So they block site. But the funny thing is this. They're the one still showing you ads even with full pop up. Block other people own and show your own. Not a good company I must say.

For the fact — that why I don't even use Opera, the browser is some how, Chrome is still the best and the faster, Firefox, edge, safari but Opera it a no no. I don't recommend it.

Block publisher ads and display you own. Africa go still dey Happy put embarassed.

Please what's your take?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by baysan(m): 6:48pm On Sep 22, 2020
Opera that you cant install after receiving it through xender is that one a browser,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by OneKinGuy(m): 7:12pm On Sep 22, 2020
It's been more than 3 years I stopped using opera. I never even install Phoenix for once grin.
What I currently use now is kiwi browser. I also recommend Brave browser, Samsung browser and via browser (if you want something light) wink

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by iTroll: 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
lol fvck you, i have opera on all my phones, so na your own come different

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Norman4real(m): 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
iTroll:

No suprise, you seem to be using an old java phone with 2G internet

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Olamyyde(m): 7:51pm On Sep 22, 2020
Kiwi browser is virtually the best android browser. I've been using it for 2 years now.

I use opera lately because of the free 50mb browsing tho. It's a solid browser but the downloading and ad-blocking are crap.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Cosmicstranger(m): 8:03pm On Sep 22, 2020
Well chrome is worse to me...the ads in chrome browser is much than on opera.
The few times I attempted using chrome browser i noticed that there isn't an option to turn off ads and it very annoying..i dislike the designs and it has less options to do things however it's a fast browser.

Opera mini still remains the best to me..
It blocks ads (not all)
It converts pages to pdf
Has night mode
Comes with inbuilt vpn and crypto wallet
I love the design and speed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
You would not have condemned opera if you had used OPERA BROWSER before. I am currently using it. Not the mini version. Mini versions are mostly for phones with lower android versions.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Flytime: 10:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
Norman4real:
No suprise, you seem to be using an old java phone with 2G internet
na how he take screenshot from am shock me
iTroll:

bros how you do am?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Flytime: 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2020
Safari is still the best and I'll pick it over any browser anytime any day twice on Tuesdays

Chrome is the runner up but the number one problem it has is the inability to have a stable download when you're not a a very fast network,it's either it doesn't download or cuts off.pausing downloads is also risky on chrome and that's were phoenix comes in,it's only useful for quick downloads and uninstalling
Ads are also rampant on chrome

Many sites don't support operamini's format,most especially because of that so it gives you a terrible feel of the site or not opening at all which makes it a dead end except you're into that free mb thing
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Desgidi99(m): 12:50am On Sep 23, 2020
Why will u say opera is the worst....U should have term it as a personal opinion.....To me opera is the best

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by judgementyard(m): 1:13am On Sep 23, 2020
Your opinion

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Binance(m): 2:35am On Sep 23, 2020
So many sites don't open with opera, some not properly.
I only use them cos of free browsing,,else I wouldn't even open shit

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by KrazyDave16(m): 6:20am On Sep 23, 2020
Cosmicstranger:
The few times I attempted using chrome browser i noticed that there isn't an option to turn off ads and it very annoying..i dislike the designs and it has less options to do things however it's a fast browser.

It blocks ads (not all)
It converts pages to pdf
Has night mode
Install blokada from GitHub (the play store version doesn't block ads), netguard (GitHub) or use dns dot adguard dot com in the VPN option in settings if you don't want to download any app to block all ads.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Thecreatorx: 6:55am On Sep 23, 2020
Lol y'all should try Epic browser. It has it's dedicated VPN proxy and is very fast. Only downside is; it uses it's personal search engine which is Epicsearch and yahoo. So no Google but Epicsearch works fine.
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Ebenezer2021(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2020
iTroll:

you're still using a Java phone?
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Ebenezer2021(m): 7:36am On Sep 23, 2020
Cosmicstranger:

It blocks ads (not all)
It converts pages to pdf
Has night mode
I'm always frustrated when I use chrome browser to download movies.
which version of opera mini has night mode?
cos mine doesn't have nightmode
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Timothy11(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2020
Thecreatorx:
Lol y'all should try Epic browser. It has it's dedicated VPN proxy and is very fast. Only downside is; it uses it's personal search engine which is Epicsearch and yahoo. So no Google but Epicsearch works fine.

Epic is powered by chromium engine. And chromium engine is made by Google and for Chrome, and every browse now is using chromium engine even Edge.

So that's eh I don't want to argue
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Timothy11(m): 8:00am On Sep 23, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
I'm always frustrated when I use chrome browser to download movies.
which version of opera mini has night mode?
cos mine doesn't have nightmode

grin Why is the that you network is slow. How can you be us in slow network to download.

You can only browse the web not download. Please get this.
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Thecreatorx: 8:02am On Sep 23, 2020
Timothy11:

Epic is powered by chromium engine. And chromium engine is made by Google and for Chrome, and every browse now is using chromium engine even Edge.

So that's eh I don't want to argue
Yes epic actually looks similar with chrome, but that proxy part is an advantage
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by chingle5(m): 8:09am On Sep 23, 2020
Google chrome is a browser with very good user experience coz it load the webpage the way it is meant to look without excluding some coding script while operamini super fast a bit faster than chrome coz most of them are light-weight and it doesn't load a lot of script which in turn makes webpages load fast but all this also affect the user experience cos it renders webpages in a weird way especially sites with a lot of functionality..... But the downfall of this two browsers is the downloading capabilities is not very good especially the pause and resume capability... For those of us that use IDM for system will know what I am talking about.... Another problem about chrome is the ram usage... It consumes Ram a lot especially people with low ram memory on phone and system can relate bt it still render webpage very good.... Which is why chrome is consider as the peoples choice browser for coding or programming... There are also a lot of browser like puffin, kiwi, brave browser I hv not try them but I hv heard that they are also good... Bt the best for me is Ucbrowser because of the stronge download capability... I can download 5gig or more with rest of mind and one can also fix failed downloads without starting from beginning but ucbrowser now have start incorporating some other unnecessary features to the browser in other to be like other browsers... In other to monetize and other shit like that...
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 8:12am On Sep 23, 2020
Timothy11:

First, the company say they have an inbuilt ad blocker that helps block ads from site, and they do know that ads is what publisher uses to make money. So they block site. But the funny thing is this. They're the one still showing you ads even with full pop up. Block other people own and show your own. Not a good company I must say.

For the fact — that why I don't even use Opera, the browser is some how, Chrome is still the best and the faster, Firefox, edge, safari but Opera it a no no. I don't recommend it.

Block publisher ads and display you own. Africa go still dey Happy put embarassed.

Please what's your take?

I hate chrome
* Can you save a page on chrome = no
* I can open 30 pages at once on opera and read then later which can never happen on chrome
* Your chrome don't have navigation bar ( <---- and ----> )
* Forget ad, opera is still one of the best browser ... I have 3 different version of opera on my phone

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 8:24am On Sep 23, 2020
Timothy11:

Please what's your take?

I hate chrome
* I can open 30 pages at once on opera and read then later which can never happen on chrome
* Forget ad, opera is still one of the best browser ... I have 3 different version of opera on my phone
* the older version is kind of annoying but it's still ok
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 8:25am On Sep 23, 2020
Cosmicstranger:

It blocks ads (not all)
It converts pages to pdf
Has night mode
Wow
What version of opera is this
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by chingle5(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2020
Classickj:

I hate chrome

Chairman I disagree with u first fault 1 if u don't no how to save page on chrome just Google it first answer this question do u no that chrome have something call offline pages If u don't no I can continue arguing with u... Fault 2 chrome can open more than 50 pages... Fault 3 chrome have nav bar bt when u scroll down it become hidden new functionality.. For 3 u r just being bias

1 Like

Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2020
Flytime:
Safari is still the best and I'll pick it over any browser anytime any day twice on Tuesdays

Chrome is the runner up but the number one problem it has is the inability to have a stable download when you're not a a very fast network,it's either it doesn't download or cuts off.pausing downloads is also risky on chrome and that's were phoenix comes in,it's only useful for quick downloads and uninstalling
Ads are also rampant on chrome

Many sites don't support operamini's format,most especially because of that so it gives you a terrible feel of the site or not opening at all which makes it a dead end except you're into that free mb thing

That is the older version of opera not the latest opera mini
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Classickj(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2020
Binance:
So many sites don't open with opera, some not properly.

I only use them cos of free browsing,,else I wouldn't even open shit
cos you are using the the older version
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by chingle5(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2020
Bt mind u I am a core fan of UC BROWSER
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Binance(m): 8:47am On Sep 23, 2020
Classickj:
cos you are using the the older version
Yes, very very old

Been trying to attach screenshot of the version here but it always return without posting.

Not because of the size but simply because opera browser is just wack!! then!!!
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:12am On Sep 23, 2020
Classickj:

I hate chrome
Chrome has all these features you mentioned
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by ddjay: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2020
Timothy11:

Please what's your take?
Opera is only good for java or Symbian phones and not android.. which one is Phoenix?
Re: Why Is Opera The Worst Browser Follow By Phoenix by SIONKPO1(m): 11:11am On Sep 23, 2020
you lie,chrome doesn't save pages and it consumes data alots

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

***what Goes Up. . . . . / Glo Data Bundle Plan / Airtel Data Bundle Plan That Will Let You Check Mb Balance With *123*10#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.