Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,510 members, 7,954,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt (34997 Views)

Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / 44 Kano Students Sponsored By Kwankwaso Graduate From Al Mansoura University / Kano Students On Scholarship Graduate From Egyptian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by lonelydora: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
There's always three sides to a story.....your side, my side, and the truth.
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by eyeview: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lets send nursing students from the south east and see if they wont make us proud.
These people are used to being passed on lowered cut offs

2 Likes

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by chinawapz(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
The cause is due to poor foundation
If you need a professional web designer and web developer. just give us a call or WhatsApp: 08130767357
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by ultra1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
Aboki Egypt is not naija where u guys always have ur way. Go to bayero university

3 Likes

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by GentlemanAyo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2017
modsfucker:

Go to Bayero University Kano, I doubt if you would be able to graduate with a 2:2....

We saw your likes who came to Northern schools thinking they would find studies easier but manahe to graduate with passes.

Grades are acquired throuhj cultists threats to lecturers and Mr. Lecturer style in the east.

Besides, who sang Mr. Lecturer song?
Wait, what are you saying? Admission is very easy in the North than in the West, u see pple with 190 gaining admission to courses that 270 won't help you get in the West. For your info North is always referred to as Educational Less Developed Area (ELDA) no wonder schools like UI have a separate cutoff mark for northerners. You see Medicine and Surgery: Ogun 75%, Oyo 76%, Lagos 75%, Ekiti 76%, Ondo 75%, ELDA 50%. So what are you saying? Meanwhile Bayero University is not a school to brag with, what school is that? Who knows the school? Abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by lonelydora: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
UncleJJ:
Ganduje .. where art thou.

Why sending your children to a racist school.

We have Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, China, Cyprus, India, South Africa

Racism at the bolded is more than Egypt

2 Likes

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by lonelydora: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
UncleJJ:
Ganduje .. where art thou.

Why sending your children to a racist school.

We have Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, China, Cyprus, India, South Africa

Racism at the bolded is more than Egypt
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
modsfucker:
The 37 Kano nursing students currently on scholarship in Egypt have cried out over the state government’s plan to withdraw them over alleged poor performance.

In a statement sent to DAILY NIGERIAN, the affected students explained the reason why their performance was below average, saying the botched plan by the state government to transfer them to another school was the cause of the problem.

Below is their side of the story…

The issue we are currently dealing with actually started last year. In January 2016, some group of students wrote a letter to the Deputy Governor of Kano State Professor Hafeez Abubakar, telling him about the problems students were facing regarding the school, the racism in the street (we are the first group of black people to live in the city for long), the issue of upkeep allowances and our problem with the agent.

The Deputy Governor, after going through the letter, asked the students whether they wanted to be transferred and they answered ‘Yes’.

After that, the director of scholarship board sent a message to our then president, ordering that all the students should stop going to school till the issue of the transfer is settled. She (the director) came here (Egypt) early March, after we spent two months doing nothing, and asked us to move to October 6 university in Cairo. There we spent another 3 months doing nothing while classes are still going on. By July, she sent a new message that the government couldn’t fulfil the condition of the transfer set by the contractor. So, we should go back to Mansoura University and continue with our studies without a single problem being solved.

We returned back late July and took some Summer courses since we’ve already missed a semester and our GPA was calculated with 0.00 of the semester we missed.

We filed a complaint to the scholarship board, to the embassy and we even told the governor about it when he visited us, but nothing was done. So after we finished the Summer courses in December 2016, the contractor/agent wrote a letter to the government, telling them that the students’ performance was very low, especially the 37 students whose GPA was less than 2.00.

We heard nothing about it until April, after we already finished another semester.

Suddenly, we read in the news that the Kano state government had decided to return those 37 students on the basis of low performance. We tried to explain that it wasn’t because we’re not doing well but because of that missing semester, which resulted in our scoring low GPA. Even at that, most of us are now above 2.00 points, some even above 3 points. We improved and we’re improving despite the setbacks. They promised to investigate again and consider.

A couple of weeks ago, we heard they called our patents (we the 37 students) and handed them flight tickets that they should send it to us. The government can no longer pay for our education, our parents were told. The parents were disappointed and refused to accept the tickets.

So on Friday, without telling us, they came directly to Egypt. A 3-man delegate, including the director Higher Education Board and the Permanent Secretary Higher Education Board, with the intent to ask the university to withdraw the students and allow them to take them back home. We held a meeting with them, and they told us that they personally believed it wasn’t our fault, but it’s government’s decision – they’re only following orders. They promised to write a new report to the government but the next thing we saw was our last year’s results posted publicly online (mind you, it was the result we got immediately after we returned from October 6 University, calculated with 0.00 GPA).

We are terrified right now, we’re nobody’s sons and daughters. If we return to Nigeria without completing our degrees, most of us won’t have the courage to restart again. Some of us have already started some higher institutions in Nigeria before acquiring the scholarship, and now they want to bring us back with nothing.

Please Sir, help us. Speak up for us. We’ve faith if people like you speak out, our lives could be saved.

They publicly said we’re thugs and drug addicts, it’s unfortunately not true. We’re sons and daughters of Kano State. If someone from Kano calls us thugs in a foreign land he’s destroying the image of our dear state. Nobody needs to assassinate our characters for personal gain. Imagine if it’s your children!

Note that the GPA system is 4.00 maximum, unlike the Nigerian system of 5.00

Thank you so much Sir. This is what happened.

*The student who sent this to DAILY NIGERIAN on behalf of the affected students pleaded anonymity for fear of victimisation

https://dailynigerian.com/the-nation/our-side-of-the-story-by-37-kano-nursing-students-in-egypt/

How them go sambi something when them cut their clitoris.
Don't you know you understand more with sensation?
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by CYBERWEAVER(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2017
dull brain...god pls offer me a scholarship
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Nukilia: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

[b]I swear ehn! if many of these Nigerian muslims could only know how their arab brothers hate and despise them, they would think twice about burning USA, Israel flags all in the name of solidarity to their arab "brothers" lol. These arabs are on a mission to conquer and colonise Africa, they did it to Libya, Carthage (now Tunisia), Morocco and they even wiped out the Nubian dynasty in Egypt, more recently they successfully used that tactics to divide Sudan, after they did that, they weakened the ACTUAL Sudanese, killed them in their thousands and now they have taken another large part of Africa = NORTH SUDAN. I have nothing against anyone practising any religion they find suitable, however all I would say is READ BETWEEN THE LINES, do some personal research of your own, read about the arab invasion of the Maghreb and figure out the tactics they used to invade and conquer NORTH AFRICA that was predominantly BLACK AFRICA at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_of_the_Maghreb

Open your eyes people.
[/b]

The last religion a black African should join is Islam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by abdulbnyusuf(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
Aboki dey read before ni.. Make we hear word jare.

One day your unborn child will be ashamed to call your name as his father

1 Like

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by osusuallstars: 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
they even dont want them in a core muslim country. na we go like them
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2017
This girls wan dey bobo us...dem think say we no go school...which yeye Zero dem use cut una GPA.... if u miss a semester, it only means u have outstanding and u'll cover for it in the summer or the following year with ur juniors like in most Nigerian public schools...

Their GPA don get k-leg from start...it wasn't the movement or the semester exam they missed that caused it...they even had the opportunity for summer to cover up the whole lost semester....them no try joor
If na naija public school, dem go sit for the whole courses of the missed semester with present level courses...

#i remember when boys go role rizla cos u no wan sleep for 1 week straight when u have about 13courses of present level and extra 6 wey u miss last session

4 Likes

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2017
this people from desert are unproductive, even if i skip classes for a full calendar year , put me in exam hall I will never score 0 ... excuses again abi kwuntunue

4 Likes

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by VeraNathaniel(f): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2017
Why spend millions of naira in sending this youths abroad for education when we have good institutions here...#Just saying

1 Like

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Burgerlomo: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
Please let some body or any organization continue to sponsor these students because I don't want them to go back home without finishing their studies, how I wish I have the resources to do it.
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
abdulbnyusuf:

One day your unborn child will be ashamed to call your name as his father
why e pain you this now? Hahahaha, i get.. You be one of them arewa yoot wey dey disturb our peace, ba.. E pain am

1 Like

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by joepentwo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nigerian politicians widt dia fake life..
Y nt elp ds guys@once, bt d cn spend excess widt olosho
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by gogodaye(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
Funny folks trying to engage in the usual antics of blame trading......rather than admit their deficiencies....
There were 200 of them.... assuming but with out conceding the fact of the fairy tale just told by this 37.....they were all faced with the same challenges, the others who are 'children of somebody's' did so well and stayed aboard the category of those to be withdrawn for academic failure 'WAF'...

The racism faced by these folks real time should make them apostles of non discriminatory actions against the minority animist and Christian folks living amongst the majority moslems in Kano state.....whom they self conceitedly tag 'kafir'.....
It would appear to seem as those Karma go reminded of their positions on her famed 'list'...

1 Like

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by abdulbnyusuf(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
Luxuryconsult:
why e pain you this now? Hahahaha, i get.. You be one of them arewa yoot wey dey disturb our peace, ba.. E pain am

Yes Yes Arewa

You called it North with fear, we called it home with pride
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by thesuave10(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Reasons for failure - Egyptian B00ty grin grin grin

That can't be a problem. Arabs can be very racist.

I visited my pals once working with African Development Bank in Tunis, Tunisia.

They said as well-paid as they were, it was hard finding GFs. Arabs call them "gorille" Not hard to translate that wink

Your pals must actually look like gorillas. Cuz I don't think myself and men like these can ever be mistaken for gorillas grin

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by dipznano: 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
lilzcee:
What of me that is a failure? The only hope I have now is to reapply for jamb, school waited for 2weeks to exam time before releasing last semester result, cry am a complete meaning of what oxford dictionary defines as a failure, am cursed choi cry I want to die

Eyaaa sorry bro embarassed

Oya take this Sniper, it will give you a fast result grin
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2017
abdulbnyusuf:

Yes Yes Arewa

oga no be your own dey do me this evening jare.. Before you pull out your dagger as always.
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by thesuave10(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
abdulbnyusuf:

Yes Yes Arewa

See this useless aboki. Oga go find cattle

Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Jerrypolo(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2017
modsfucker:

Go to Bayero University Kano, I doubt if you would be able to graduate with a 2:2....

We saw your likes who came to Northern schools thinking they would find studies easier but manahe to graduate with passes.

Grades are acquired throuhj cultists threats to lecturers and Mr. Lecturer style in the east.

Besides, who sang Mr. Lecturer song?

Eedris Abdulkareem from Ilorin in Kwara State, North Central, Nigeria.
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by DRPAIT123(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2017
Thats why i dont like this foreign scholarship stuff..they end up wasting your time and more importantly your life
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by sikywonder(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
shame on Ganduje & co.
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Jerrypolo(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2017
lilzcee:
What of me that is a failure? The only hope I have now is to reapply for jamb, school waited for 2weeks to exam time before releasing last semester result, cry am a complete meaning of what oxford dictionary defines as a failure, am cursed choi cry I want to die

It is well bro.

Don't allow your life to be determined by the fall corners of a classroom.

Believe me, That SH!T is highly over rated.
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by Quality20(m): 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
Eyya black race has really suffered o. Other races hate you so much as poo yet u guys also hate your selves to the extent that you kill and commit genocide among urselves . Well it's not really Oyimbo ppls fault. When they came during slave trade era, ur kings and other monarchs gave out ur forefathers to them for a pack of biscuits and other nonsense - so how can they now see u as human?
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by modsfucker: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Jerrypolo:

Eedris Abdulkareem from Ilorin in Kwara State, North Central, Nigeria.

But he didn't school in the North.
Re: Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt by modsfucker: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
GentlemanAyo:

Wait, what are you saying? Admission is very easy in the North than in the West, u see pple with 190 gaining admission to courses that 270 won't help you get in the West. For your info North is always referred to as Educational Less Developed Area (ELDA) no wonder schools like UI have a separate cutoff mark for northerners. You see Medicine and Surgery: Ogun 75%, Oyo 76%, Lagos 75%, Ekiti 76%, Ondo 75%, ELDA 50%. So what are you saying? Meanwhile Bayero University is not a school to brag with, what school is that? Who knows the school? Abeg.

Lolzz... You don't know BUK? It isn't a surprise cos you guys don't know anywhere apart from your environment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Friend Has Been Withdrawn From School, Should I Tell Her? / Mayowa Joshua Amusan Had F9 Parallel In NECO (Photos) / Most Respected Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.