Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland (27238 Views)

Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly / Another Rice Mill Established In Akwa Ibom / Lagos Acquires 500hectares Of Land For Farm Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by senatorizyking(m): 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
farouk2much:
Buhari No Dey Give Ministers Money, He Jst Appoint Them, But Na Him Dey Do All Thier Works, Coz He No Trust Any Body, Exept Himself

Choi !

Bubu Is that True ?

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by senatorizyking(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
gurunlocker:

Sorry, do we have a minister for agriculture? Guess he is on pause mode like his boss...

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Dollyak(f): 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
Amoto94:
You're too tribalistic despite your acclaimed exposure.
I reject that accusation. I am not sure what gave you that impression? My views are simply that of a realist.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by afolayangs(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2017
That sounds impressive. I believe and hope that if the plant operates at 50 percent we can at least 9 trailers of rice a day.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Rotadbd: 12:35am On Jul 29, 2017
jayied:
Ambode is walking
Where to *walking*>>> working
Contact us for your beaded jewelry now!
Competitive wholesales price available for resale.... If you've got the market, we've got the speed and skill to satisfy...!!!
SEND WHATSAPP MESSAGE HERE OR
Call: +2348030420155
#NationwideDelivery

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by bluecircle470: 2:33am On Jul 29, 2017
Good move from 'His Excellency' Gov Ambode.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by justmenoni: 4:54am On Jul 29, 2017
We NOSE that he's WALKING

quote author=jayied post=58926614]Ambode is walking[/quote]
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 29, 2017
wilyparker:
This is a good move... But one major problem of Nigerians is maintanace
Maintenance is part of the contract.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Tjango(m): 6:26am On Jul 29, 2017
Itesiwaju ilu eko
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Myself2(m): 6:37am On Jul 29, 2017
senatorizyking:
This is beautiful !

Mr. Agricultural minister Audu ogbe hope you are learning ?

He won't learn and copy good projects like this, he is busy thinking of how to import grass from Brazil to feed Buhari's herd of cattle

Bombastic misfit

1 Like

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by senatorizyking(m): 6:39am On Jul 29, 2017
Myself2:

He won't learn and copy good projects like this, he is busy thinking of how to import grass from Brazil to feed Buhari's herd of cattle

Bombastic misfit

Choi!

We indeed entered the government of one chance ooo...

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Myself2(m): 6:39am On Jul 29, 2017
GidiParrot:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Friday in Zurich, Switzerland led a team of the State Executive Committee members to sign an agreement with Bühler AG (“Bühler”), a leading rice-mill producer in the world, for the acquisition of a 32 tonnes per hour Rice Mill.
[img]http://2.bp..com/--iFnTZZ6ALE/WXtv_n4fpDI/AAAAAAAAgfs/uG-eomU1XSszMUA46xXS39-PjaOyh7i1ACLcBGAs/s400/Ambode-in-zurich-lasgidionline.jpg[/img]
The Governor, who spoke shortly after the signing ceremony, said the development was in furtherance of his vision of enhancing food security and creating employment in the State.

It is estimated that the partnership would facilitate the creation of about 200,000 jobs across the agriculture value chain, while it would also bring about the cultivation of 32,000 hectares of farm land to produce rice paddy, equating to an estimated 130million Kg of processed rice per year (an equivalent of 2.6milion 50kg bags of rice).

Speaking further, Governor Ambode said the landmark event also provides the platform for the State to partner with other South West States in consonance with the region’s resolve towards achieving economic integration.

The Governor emphasized that the partnership with Buhler was in sync with his administration’s economic agenda of diversification of the nation’s economy and conservation of foreign currency reserve.

“The state of the art rice mill will be sited in Imota, Ikorodu and it requires 32,000 hectares of land for cultivation of rice paddy. This investment is expected to create thousands of jobs in rice value chain. In addition to the current arrangement with Kebbi State, Lagos would go into partnership with neighboring states, to ensure sustainable inputs for the mill and foster regional economic integration,” Governor Ambode said.

According to the agreement, the partnership with Buhler covers supplies and installation of the rice mill, including silos. It also covers maintenance and technical support as well as technical training of Nigerians in the ever growing sub-sector of the Nigerian economy.

The rice mill will be the single largest mill of its kind in Nigeria and is expected to be delivered within twelve months.

Aside Governor Ambode, other members of the State’s delegation included the Commissioner for Finance, Mr Akinyemi Ashade; Special Adviser to the Governor on Overseas Affairs & Investment, Professor Ademola Abass; Commissioner for Agriculture, Hon Suarau Oluwatoyin; and the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture, Dr. Olayiwole Onasanya.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2017/07/lagos-acquires-32-tonnes-per-hour-rice.html

lalasticlala

Ha ha

Haters will choke on this
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Amoto94(m): 7:06am On Jul 29, 2017
Dollyak:

I reject that accusation. I am not sure what gave you that impression? My views are simply that of a realist.
Yes you are and it's not too difficult for a keen observer to notice it. I pray you change before you get into a position where you can influence things.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by wink2015(m): 9:57am On Jul 29, 2017
Governor Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state are you seeing what Ambode is doing in Lagos?

You are in Asaba speaking BIG GRAMMAR but nothing on the TABLE for the common man to benefit.

Graduates of Universities, Polytechnic and College of Education including Secondary School graduates are joining School dropouts to drive KEKE ( tricycle ) on the streets of Warri, Asaba, Sapele, Ughelli, Agbor, Patani, Oleh, Ozoro etc. No job to engage graduate because of government misplaced priorities.

Ex-governors James Onanefe Ibori and Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan failed to industrialised Delta state for the 16 years they ruled Delta state. You took over but we are yet to see any meaningful progress or development.

It is all rhetorics, BIG GRAMMAR, empty promises.

When will the jobs be created.

Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa promised to revamp DELTA STEEL COMPLEX to create jobs for Deltans but half way to his tenure, Delta steel still remain a junk yard.

Unemployment has doubled in Delta state from the Ibori years to Uduaghan years and is getting worse under Governor Okowa.

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by gabe: 10:02am On Jul 29, 2017
Good job Gov Ambode. U r a man with vision. Next step is basmati rice seedling to farmers. We must beat the asians to the battle of the long grain...
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by gabe: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2017
Myself2:

Bombastic misfit
Audu Ogbe has done a good job in ensuring rice sufficiency in Nigeria. He was instrumental to the founding of the anchor borrowers program of the CBN, he has ensured delivery of destoning machines and modern mills to many rice mill hubs nationwide. Every market in nigeria has local rice without stones, i'm not talking of the bagged company variety. While he might not be as intelligent as Adesina, he is doing a good job.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by sshalom(m): 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2017
Fantastic initiative.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by jayied(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rotadbd:

Where to *walking*>>> working
Towalls a gritter Lagos sity
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by jayied(m): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
justmenoni:
We NOSE that he's WALKING

quote author=jayied post=58926614]Ambode is walking
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Myself2(m): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
gabe:
Audu Ogbe has done a good job in ensuring rice sufficiency in Nigeria. He was instrumental to the founding of the anchor borrowers program of the CBN, he has ensured delivery of destoning machines and modern mills to many rice mill hubs nationwide. Every market in nigeria has local rice without stones, i'm not talking of the bagged company variety. While he might not be as intelligent as Adesina, he is doing a good job.

So why did you leave out his plans to import Brazilian grass for Bubu's herd of cattle abi is that one too not a good job in your book ?
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by gabe: 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
Myself2:

So why did you leave out his plans to import Brazilian grass for Bubu's herd of cattle abi is that one too not a good job in your book ?
its not magic that foreign breed of cattle produce more than 10x the amount of milk local breeds do. Their feed is more nutritious. There are fast growing grasses and legumes much more nutritrious than we have in nigeria that can be planted in ranches to improve ruminant nutrition. When you hear importation of grass, it means the seeds will be imported, planted in nuseries and transplanted in ranches all over the country.
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Myself2(m): 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
gabe:
its not magic that foreign breed of cattle produce more than 10x the amount of milk local breeds do. Their feed is more nutritious. There are fast growing grasses and legumes much more nutritrious than we have in nigeria that can be planted in ranches to improve ruminant nutrition. When you hear importation of grass, it means the seeds will be imported, planted in nuseries and transplanted in ranches all over the country.

That means Bubu and Ogbeh are working at cross purposes,whilst Ogbeh may be genuinely looking for a proactive solution to the outdated and violence creating nomadic cattle rearing,Bubu is busy encouraging and probably arming the herdsmen to continue their nomadic ways and by implication to keep unleashing unimaginable mayhem and terror to farmers whose farmlands they repeatedly rape and vandalize with reckless abandon
Re: Lagos Acquires 32 Tonnes Per Hour Rice Mill From Switzerland by Rotadbd: 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
jayied:
Towalls a gritter Lagos sity
shocked shocked LOBATAN
Case dismiss cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get bulldozer and tractor service For your farmland . / 6 weeks and 8 Weeks Old Local Turkeys Are For Sale in Ibadan / Goat Farming In Nigeria – How To Start And Earn Big While At It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.