Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,855 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) (34726 Views)

Dangote Remains Most Richest African / Top 5 Business Lessons From Aliko Dangote, Africa’s Richest Man / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by nextprince: 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
OkoYibo:
One Hausa and two Yorubas mentioned.

Hope those cursed with sorrow and wailing won't cry marginalisation as usual?

Sure, they will.

Just check the thread after one hour, but come along with buckets and tissue paper for collection and wiping of potor tears.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by SuperS1Panther: 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
rawpadgin:
n tribalism & hate don almost ruin u

try change!

Are you a Child of Hatred?
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by jayied(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by originals1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
angrywhy hush puppi nr dy there?
Abi because e never declare e asset?grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by NCP: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
So what should we do with the list?

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by CaptainFM1: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
colossus91:
i cant find my name theregrin

Ours can't be there man. We are trillionaires.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by bunmmy5: 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Why is diezani Madueke name not on the list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by goslowgoslow(m): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
taylor88:
Dangote gradually going down like naira

God forbid,

buhari will never know peace

Dangote bigger u i pray
God why are people this useless and senseless?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by rightwingz: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
atorioke:
Although, Africa’s richest man, Nigerian Aliko Dangote dropped to 105th on the 2017 Forbe’s real-time billionaires’ ranking, he maintains the lead in Africa, as the richest man.

Dangote, who was ranked 51st in 2016 with a net worth of $15.4 billion, currently has a net worth of $12.2 billion, africannews.com reports.

The businessman was ranked 37th richest man in the world in 2014 with a net worth of $25 billion.

The decline is attributed to the devaluation of Naira, the Nigerian currency.

There are 21 African billionaires living in Africa worth a combined $70 billion.

The next African on the is South African diamond magnate Nicky Oppenheimer who ranks 199th with $7 billion, followed by another South African, luxury goods tycoon Johann Rupert who ranks 237th with $6.1 billion.

Nigerian telecom tycoon Mike Adenuga ranked 250th with a net worth of $5.8 billion, followed by Egypt’s richest billionaire Nassef Sawiris ranked 269th and worth $5.6 billion.

Retail magnate South African Christoffel Wiese ranked 269th with a worth of $5.6 billion.

South Africa retains its dominance on the Africa list and is tied with Egypt for the largest number of individual billionaires.

Only two female billionaires in Africa made it on the list including daughter of Angola’s president Isabel dos Santos – who is Africa’s richest woman – and Nigeria’s Folorunsho Alakija, vice chair of Nigerian oil exploration company, Famfa Oil.

Tanzanian Mohammed Dewji is Africa’s youngest billionaire at age 41. He is CEO of conglomerate METL, which his father founded in the 1970s.

Onsi Sawiris of Egypt is the continent’s oldest billionaire at age 86 and the father of two other African billionaires — Nassef and Naguib Sawiris.

Thirteen out of Africa’s 21 billionaires have self-made fortunes, while the other eight inherited their fortunes.

They hail from 7 countries: South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, Algeria, Angola, and Tanzania.

Source NAN

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/dangote-remains-african-richest-man-see-others/

How did they know my name and net worth?
This is a very sad day for me, i hate publicity. I have been hiding from forbes since 2013.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Ferdinandu(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2017
Haphard:

Kindly edit the post and put ur name their
there there there there there. Go and collect balance of your school fees from your English Teacher. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
sukkot:
mark zuckerbergs wealth is in stocks and speculations. in reality he is not that rich. he produces nothing.all he has is a website. dangotes wealth is mostly tangible. he produces. he is wayyy richer than zuckerberg in reality.

Ana akogheri.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2017
He is a Muslim. All his female kids are graduate. They are his managers and yet you say no western education
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
GEJ's "stealing is not corruption" policy that made Dangote rose higher in the past years are no more available ... Reason for his fall back...... He's still doing fine though.

If the likes of OBJ IBB SARAKI TINUBU should declare their ill gotten wealth .... Dangote would be nowhere to be found

1 Like

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by bangging(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2017
OkoYibo:

yet u guy's are still the poorest, Berger's every where, HV u been in north b4? dose 2 that u just mentioned are the reason why Nigeria is still like this... so no mater the billion of adenuga a Yoruba man will still shit inside poo...rubbish .

1 Like

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
is potorpotor now a banned word?

nextprince:

Potor is not ranked anywhere in Africa. grin grin
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by lograr(m): 2:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
God bless the works of my hand. check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Acidosis(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
DeSepiero:
Fact is most of Nigeria's billionaires don't appear on forbes list. We know them wink

Oga Forbes is talking Dollar Billionaire not Naira Billionaires.

Davido's imaginary 30 billion naira is only 80 million dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by KimWooBin: 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
were are d castrated igbo's, mke wuna con see how to mke pure money not by rituals or kidnapping.... or terrorism (nnamdi kanu) grin
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Acidosis(m): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2017
JideJamez:
GEJ's "stealing is not corruption" policy that made Dangote rose higher in the past years are no more available ... Reason for his fall back...... He's still doing fine though.

If the likes of OBJ IBB SARAKI TINUBU should declare their ill gotten wealth .... Dangote would be nowhere to be found

Oga, no Nigerian, dead or alive, is half as rich as Dangote. The entire budget of the Nigerian Senate for four years is nowhere close to Dangote's net worth. How can politicians be as rich as Dangote? Same Dangote that's almost richer than the Federal Government and all the 36 states of the federation?

We just keep recycling the same gibberish about how wealthy politicians are. It is true they are corrupt but none can come close to Dangote. Dangote's $12.2 billion is equivalent to 4 trillion naira (that is 100 billion in 40 places).

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by InvertedHammer: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
OkoYibo:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Anasko(m): 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
Is there any Developer in the List?
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by PDPGuy: 2:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
So Dangote's net worth is around N4.3 trillion!!?
That's like over 50% of the FG's proposed budget for 2018.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by chatupkay: 2:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
Anasko:
Is there any Developer in the List?

Hiaaa! Oooooooo! D "Developers" bawo?!

THIS LIST IS NOT COMPLETE! ... This list must av bin prepared by the Fulani Editor working for Forbes.

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
taylor88:

God forbid,

Dangote bigger u i pray
you are an slowpoke. iPod yoot!

Someone that's investing his money in other businesses in and outside the county, you said he's going down...
When the businesses start bringing in cash, won't he come up again?

Yeyenatu
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Haphard(m): 2:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
Ferdinandu:
there there there there there. Go and collect balance of your school fees from your English Teacher. grin grin grin

Thanks, but that was very unnecessary of you
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
there are actually ipob billionaires the problem is forbes don't enlist billionaires with unknown source of funds..and we all know most Igbos are criminals ..ogu ego ,etc
OkoYibo:

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Teeboi56: 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
taylor88:

God forbid,

Brothere y u dey raining cause on our president
God Dey ooo

Dangote bigger u i pray
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by chatupkay: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
InvertedHammer:

1 Hausa. 2 Yorubas.

It sounds fair to me.

No Igbo. To God be the glory.

I would have questioned a legitimate business person whose wealth was stolen by Nigeria and handed only £20 to be on Forbes' list of billionaires. Granted the Igbo people have done well for themselves after the major set back. The wealth gap closed quickly that on family-family level, they fair better than other tribes.

If Nigeria seizes "ALL the assets and bank accounts" of Otedola, Alakija, Dangote, Otedola, etc and hand them N8300 (equivalent of £20), none of them will last more than a month. Don't underestimate the hatred Igbo folks bore after the war too. Every successful Igbo person today has all the right to beat his/her chest.
\

Nna! ... i disagree with your assertions! Stop deceiving yourself. All regions benefited immensely from the Oil loot at d centre. ( Federal Government ).

Many Igbo rich business men did not get rich as a result of their struggle. Quote me anywhere! ...They are benefited in the stolen wealth through over-inflated government contracts and supplies. Let me remind you that Obasanjo publish in the newspapers, the list of easterners that got contract from FG and didnt execute.

keeping fighting Tribal wars while our elites are stealing the money!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Teeboi56: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
taylor88:

God forbid,

Dangote bigger u i pray

Brother y u dey raining cause on our president
GOD dey oooo
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by erenax: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Watch out for me in the 2025 forbes list cool
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by brandonobi(m): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Dangote is a bloody pauper.
u made me choke on the water I was drinking
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Godfullsam(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
InvertedHammer:

1 Hausa. 2 Yorubas.

It sounds fair to me.

No Igbo. To God be the glory.

I would have questioned a legitimate business person whose wealth was stolen by Nigeria and handed only £20 to be on Forbes' list of billionaires. Granted the Igbo people have done well for themselves after the major set back. The wealth gap closed quickly that on family-family level, they fair better than other tribes.

If Nigeria seizes "ALL the assets and bank accounts" of Otedola, Alakija, Dangote, Otedola, etc and hand them N8300 (equivalent of £20), none of them will last more than a month. Don't underestimate the hatred Igbo folks bore after the war too. Every successful Igbo person today has all the right to beat his/her chest.
\

Shut up and stop looking for excuses where there is none. The likes of dangote and Adenuga are self made billionaires. Your forefathers where given £20 after ojukwu decieved them and led them to war...

Most successful yorubas were not gven penny to start up life, we started from zero to hero and instead of you guys to be grateful for getting £20 from the fed govt and your properties from the southwest, you are yearning dust and chest beating as usual.

Do you know the worth of £20 In those days

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank / Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back / I Can't Celebrate Christmas As FCMB Refuses To Pay Me My Google Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.