Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) (34714 Views)

Dangote Remains Most Richest African / Top 5 Business Lessons From Aliko Dangote, Africa’s Richest Man / Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by NCANTaskForce: 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2017
sukkot:
mark zuckerbergs wealth is in stocks and speculations. in reality he is not that rich. he produces nothing.all he has is a website. dangotes wealth is mostly tangible. he produces. he is wayyy richer than zuckerberg in reality.
if only am rich like he is in stock, I won't be here arguing with you.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by sukkot: 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
NCANTaskForce:
if only am rich like he is in stock, I won't be here arguing with you.
but you are not so wake up from your dream and go and drink ya garri and granut
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Mouthgag: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
NCANTaskForce:
Mark Zukerberg is richer than all of them combined, he is $79billion rich. shocked shocked shocked
You mean ordinary bakery boy is so rich?

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by ItzChinnex(m): 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
atorioke:
Although, Africa’s richest man, Nigerian Aliko Dangote dropped to 105th on the 2017 Forbe’s real-time billionaires’ ranking, he maintains the lead in Africa, as the richest man.

Dangote, who was ranked 51st in 2016 with a net worth of $15.4 billion, currently has a net worth of $12.2 billion, africannews.com reports.

The businessman was ranked 37th richest man in the world in 2014 with a net worth of $25 billion.

The decline is attributed to the devaluation of Naira, the Nigerian currency.

There are 21 African billionaires living in Africa worth a combined $70 billion.

The next African on the is South African diamond magnate Nicky Oppenheimer who ranks 199th with $7 billion, followed by another South African, luxury goods tycoon Johann Rupert who ranks 237th with $6.1 billion.

Nigerian telecom tycoon Mike Adenuga ranked 250th with a net worth of $5.8 billion, followed by Egypt’s richest billionaire Nassef Sawiris ranked 269th and worth $5.6 billion.

Retail magnate South African Christoffel Wiese ranked 269th with a worth of $5.6 billion.

South Africa retains its dominance on the Africa list and is tied with Egypt for the largest number of individual billionaires.

Only two female billionaires in Africa made it on the list including daughter of Angola’s president Isabel dos Santos – who is Africa’s richest woman – and Nigeria’s Folorunsho Alakija, vice chair of Nigerian oil exploration company, Famfa Oil.

Tanzanian Mohammed Dewji a billionaire at age 41. He is CEO of conglomerate METL, which his father founded in the 1970s.

Onsi Sawiris of Egypt is the continent’s oldest billionaire at age 86 and the father of two other African billionaires — Nassef and Naguib Sawiris.

Chinedu Benjamin Africa's youngest Billionaire with the networth of $4 Billion

Thirteen out of Africa’s 21 billionaires have self-made fortunes, while the other eight inherited their fortunes.

They hail from 7 countries: South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, Algeria, Angola, and Tanzania.

Source NAN

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/dangote-remains-african-richest-man-see-others/
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by totit: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
InvertedHammer:

1 Hausa. 2 Yorubas.

It sounds fair to me.

No Igbo. To God be the glory.

I would have questioned a legitimate business person whose wealth was stolen by Nigeria and handed only £20 to be on Forbes' list of billionaires. Granted the Igbo people have done well for themselves after the major set back. The wealth gap closed quickly that on family-family level, they fair better than other tribes.

If Nigeria seizes "ALL the assets and bank accounts" of Otedola, Alakija, Dangote, Otedola, etc and hand them N8300 (equivalent of £20), none of them will last more than a month. Don't underestimate the hatred Igbo folks bore after the war too. Every successful Igbo person today has all the right to beat his/her chest.
\

That's how you people go about spreading lies and deceiving yourself you are the most industrious only to be confronted and asked to back it but failed.

When you are ready to back your Aba stats you pulled off there with facts we will be here waiting to go through it. But please if none is available will you do us a favor and keep quiet? shocked
Thank you, for your cooperation. grin

Mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by murtalaa(m): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
atorioke:
Although, Africa’s richest man, Nigerian Aliko Dangote dropped to 105th on the 2017 Forbe’s real-time billionaires’ ranking, he maintains the lead in Africa, as the richest man.

Dangote, who was ranked 51st in 2016 with a net worth of $15.4 billion, currently has a net worth of $12.2 billion, africannews.com reports.

The businessman was ranked 37th richest man in the world in 2014 with a net worth of $25 billion.

The decline is attributed to the devaluation of Naira, the Nigerian currency.

There are 21 African billionaires living in Africa worth a combined $70 billion.

The next African on the is South African diamond magnate Nicky Oppenheimer who ranks 199th with $7 billion, followed by another South African, luxury goods tycoon Johann Rupert who ranks 237th with $6.1 billion.

Nigerian telecom tycoon Mike Adenuga ranked 250th with a net worth of $5.8 billion, followed by Egypt’s richest billionaire Nassef Sawiris ranked 269th and worth $5.6 billion.

Retail magnate South African Christoffel Wiese ranked 269th with a worth of $5.6 billion.

South Africa retains its dominance on the Africa list and is tied with Egypt for the largest number of individual billionaires.

Only two female billionaires in Africa made it on the list including daughter of Angola’s president Isabel dos Santos – who is Africa’s richest woman – and Nigeria’s Folorunsho Alakija, vice chair of Nigerian oil exploration company, Famfa Oil.

Tanzanian Mohammed Dewji is Africa’s youngest billionaire at age 41. He is CEO of conglomerate METL, which his father founded in the 1970s.

Onsi Sawiris of Egypt is the continent’s oldest billionaire at age 86 and the father of two other African billionaires — Nassef and Naguib Sawiris.

Thirteen out of Africa’s 21 billionaires have self-made fortunes, while the other eight inherited their fortunes.

They hail from 7 countries: South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, Morocco, Algeria, Angola, and Tanzania.

Source NAN

Mynd44

http://www.eyereport.com.ng/dangote-remains-african-richest-man-see-others/
Where is Strive Masiyiwa Or na only flowery Facebook post the man Sabi?
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Ugosample(m): 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2017
How did Igbos enter this discussion now?
Some of you are just incurably stupid

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Ugosample(m): 5:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
murtalaa:
Where is Strive Masiyiwa Or na only flowery Facebook post the man Sabi?

That guy is also very rich o
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by freshest4live: 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2017
GODKID98:
If not for d crappy economy we have in this country, this man should have made top twenty richest man in d world by now.

Buh dis man get money oh.Despite d drastic reduction in his net worth since 2014,he is still worth ALMOST double of the second richest man in Africa!

Salute sir!!!
The man is rich because he saves little and concentrates on investing, his company is the biggest conglomerate in Africa investing across Africa.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by goaldynboy: 5:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
OkoYibo:
One Hausa and two Yorubas mentioned.

Hope those cursed with sorrow and wailing won't cry marginalisation as usual?

AFONJA PEOPLE are cursed! See how they are masturbing up and down because Obasonjo used Adenuga and Alakija to steal Nigeria's money! If Obasonjo was not made a President in 1999, there won't be Adenuga and Alakija today, as billionaires!!

By the way see the future of AFONJA below:

1 Like

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

The man is rich because he saves little and concentrates on investing, his company is the biggest conglomerate in Africa investing across Africa.

The man is a superb business man
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by RealityShot: 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
sukkot:
mark zuckerbergs wealth is in stocks and speculations. in reality he is not that rich. he produces nothing.all he has is a website. dangotes wealth is mostly tangible. he produces. he is wayyy richer than zuckerberg in reality.
Well Said!
but he owns stocks in other REAL COMPANIES

the truth is that dangote is not being selfish like othe billionaires in the world
otherwise he would monopolise his distribution networks and make more money from retail.

but he is letting millions of Nigerians benefit from his distribution network..
creating small milionaires all over Nigeria...
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by kabaka1: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2017
DeSepiero:
Fact is most of Nigeria's billionaires don't appear on forbes list. We know them wink

please can u quote just four more not included in the list
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Spaldino(m): 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2017
i cant find my name there;

Boss check am wella
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by NCANTaskForce: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
sukkot:
but you are not so wake up from your dream and go and drink ya garri and granut
dumb you.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by sukkot: 10:49pm On Jul 29, 2017
NCANTaskForce:
dumb you.
brah, where the party at tonight ? what we drankin on ?
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Scholes007(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
sukkot:
What is this one saying?
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by sukkot: 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2017
Scholes007:
What is this one saying?
nothing to you obviously
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by olawalebabs(m): 5:07am On Jul 30, 2017
colossus91:
i cant find my name theregrin
You need to work harder.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Scholes007(m): 6:48am On Jul 30, 2017
sukkot:
nothing to you obviously
That was a rhetorical question meant to call you to order. I didn't expect a reply.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by delilwaxz(m): 6:54am On Jul 30, 2017
Well!!

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by InvertedHammer: 6:55am On Jul 30, 2017
Godfullsam:

Shut up and stop looking for excuses where there is none. The likes of dangote and Adenuga are self made billionaires. Your forefathers where given £20 after ojukwu decieved them and led them to war...

Most successful yorubas were not gven penny to start up life, we started from zero to hero and instead of you guys to be grateful for getting £20 from the fed govt and your properties from the southwest, you are yearning dust and chest beating as usual.

Do you know the worth of £20 In those days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by onyechi2004: 8:00am On Jul 30, 2017
Fact: There are more billionaires in New York City than there are in Africa.

There are more billionaires in a city than in an entire continent.
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by sukkot: 9:11am On Jul 30, 2017
Scholes007:
That was a rhetorical question meant to call you to order. I didn't expect a reply.
i reply anyone who quotes me. thats the kinda nigga i am. a courteous nigga. everybody deserves a response grin
Re: Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) by Godfullsam(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Obviously you don't know your history. If you don't know where you are going, the least you could do is know where you come from. Yoruba folks were given loans to buy into multinational corporations after the war. Remember abandoned properties? Abandoned to who? Your fathers and grandfathers moved into Igbo people's properties. The good news is that those who orchestrated the daylight robbery died miserable death. Awolowo poisoned himself. Sam Aluko died of poison after living most of his adult life in exile. Ken Saro Wiwa ("inherited" an abandoned property by default) was hung by Abacha. Most of the major players died miserably. Karma at work? Ofor bu ofor.

How does Dangote's wealth affect the average Hausa man? The same applies to Otedola, Adenuga, etc. Nada. Zilch. After basking in euphoria of ethnocentric chauvinism, most of you will go back to your per diem jobs--begging for help online.

\

I have always known you guys to be the most confused, senseless and stupid set of people. But this your numbo-dumbo yearning is taking yoour stupidity far beyond my imagination.

Your poor knowledge about awolowo's death is a clear proof that commn sense is still strange to you. I pity people like you that are going about with this kind of wrong information.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How can I stop being broke in 2020? / Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank / I Can't Celebrate Christmas As FCMB Refuses To Pay Me My Google Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.